ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 10-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #1
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

Default T Young

hit a long 3 with 4 sec left to win over spurs.

31 min
8/18
4/8 3's
2/3 ft
7 asst
3 rb
2 PF
1 TO
2 steals
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #2
CoachTalk
Final Four

Default Re: T Young

And game winner!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #3
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Good post! Love someone to help me track our guys

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #4
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

"Young totaled 22 points (8-18 FG, 4-8 3Pt, 2-3 FT), seven assists, three rebounds, and two steals in 31 minutes during Wednesday's 130-127 win over the Spurs.

Young cashed in from well beyond the arc to clinch the game. Moreover, he committed just one turnover." CBS

Some people on this board are gonna be pissed lol

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:23 AM   #5
WaymanFan
Administrator

Thanks for posting about Trae's game-winner! But please don't tell me anybody on this board is actually rooting against him. That would be pathetic.

By the time the season starts, we'll have a "Sooners in the NBA" thread going so people can post about any of the three of them. Assuming they're all healthy, all three are expected to be a major part of their respective teams.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #6
schoonerdriver
Role Player

Fool's Gold.
schoonerdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:27 AM   #7
WichitaSooner
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoonerdriver View Post
Fool's Gold.
Exhibit A of someone not wanting to see Trae succeed. I agree it's pathetic, but reading this board throughout last season made it obvious that certain people clearly don't like him and can't wait to take shots at him.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #8
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

I want nothing but the best for Trae.

But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on how his game will translate to the nba or his affect on the team last year
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #9
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Exhibit A of someone not wanting to see Trae succeed. I agree it's pathetic, but reading this board throughout last season made it obvious that certain people clearly don't like him and can't wait to take shots at him.
freaking Sad.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:07 AM   #10
BCSooners
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
I want nothing but the best for Trae.

But that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on how his game will translate to the nba or his affect on the team last year
Same. I hope he has great success in the NBA. I was one that just stated he needs to play on both ends and play more team oriented. If he does that he's such a skilled offensive player that he'll be pretty good.

I'm certainly not rooting against him.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:44 AM   #11
SoonerinNC
Starter

The biggest problem with most of us fans is that if we don't win we have to find someone to blame. Could never be that the other team was just better at least better on a given night.

Some blamed Trae for the bad games but most blamed his teammates.

I believe the Trae will be the kind of NBA player that he was the first half of the season for OU. And I hate the thought that a real OU fan would hope for his failure as a pro. He was one of the top five talents to ever play the game at OU.

Trae ran into adjustments that OU failed to successfully counteract. A lot of that has to be on Kruger for not making the adjustments. Not a slam on Kruger because I really like him as the OU head coach. But the head coach has to set the direction. I also felt that he should have sat Trae out more to give him some perspective. Jordy was a decent backup in his freshman year.

As for Trae it seemed that when teams adjusted to stop his game he did not stay within himself and make the adjustments to be most effective. This was further complicated by the fact that McGusty, Doolittle and to a lesser extent Odomes are largely one on one players.

The saddest thing I saw all year was the video of the Sooners when they learned that they had made the NCAA. I believe Trae was happy but he sat for a while as his teammates jumped up and cheered. Trae stood and chest bumped another player but then Trae stood off to one side while his teammates were jumping up and down and hugging on the other side of the room. I knew for sure then that there was no chance he would stay at OU another year.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #12
AdaSooner
Administrator

I think most OU fans, including me, thought Trae’s offensive game was better suited for the NBA than the college game. The only question was how he would fair on defense?

I watched him play against the Thunder last week. He had a good game on offense, and IMO he more than held his own on defense. Definitely not a bad outing for a Rookie in the fourth game of the season.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #13
SuperHoops
Role Player

Atlanta is not really stocked with talent this year so it will probably be rough at times for TY this year and his numbers may not be indicative of his level of play.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:10 PM   #14
NAIA All-Star
All-Conference

Saw people calling him ICE TRAE. Kind of like it.

Kid needs a marketable nickname for sure.

Trae having success helps OU so not sure why anyone would want the kid to fail. He had some rough moments, AS A FRESHMAN, last year and chose to leave. Nothing to hate him for. Sort of ballhog, but I really can't blame him for some of that last year. Oftentimes, when he tried to distribute the ball, his teammates let him down.

And again, he was a frosh. I'm definitely cheering for him.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:58 PM   #15
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

I definitely had my moments last year...with some of his choices. I never wanted him to fail..and am ecstatic he is doing better than a lot of folks thought he would.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM   #16
HPDrifter
Walk-on

He's a great kid and if you follow him on social media, it's very apparent that he is a very proud Sooner despite only being on campus for 1 year. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he becomes the next Steph Curry both on and off the court.
HPDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:42 AM   #17
ORUSooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPDrifter View Post
He's a great kid and if you follow him on social media, it's very apparent that he is a very proud Sooner despite only being on campus for 1 year. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he becomes the next Steph Curry both on and off the court.
Always refreshing seeing a fan wanting to see Trae realize his dream. With his court vision and basketball IQ he could be great!
ORUSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #18
inoref
All-Conference

IMO, I couldn't care less what TY does or does not do in the NBA. I enjoyed watching him at OU but far as the NBA goes someone would have to pay me to watch any game.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:04 AM   #19
TINY
All-Conference

Trae is going to be a hall of famer. Mavs suck again.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #20
MichaelM
Walk-on

Atlanta could have three first-round picks next year if they're lucky. They own their own pick, plus Dallas's if it's outside the top 5 (pretty likely), plus Cleveland's if it's outside the top 10 (less likely).

They could be the next Philadelphia 76ers if the GM picks well.
MichaelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 04:43 AM   #21
schoonerdriver
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Sorry, I don't think the man plays a brand of winning basketball. He is Happy Gilmore of the NBA. Will do amazing things that make you say wow then proceed to make bone head mistakes that cost you the game. His game winning shot was an example of that type of behavior, IMO. I thought the Scott Brooks plays of just let Durant dribble and shoot were bad but they weren't from 40 feet out.

Not sure where you get the idea that I don't want him to succeed, I don't really care one way or another. What I do think is that over the long haul, TY style of play won't lead to his team being successful long term and that's because of what I saw of him as a Sooner. Last season wasn't all his fault but it wasn't not his fault either.
Old 10-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #22
NYC-Fool
Walk-on

Quote:
Sorry, I don't think the man plays a brand of winning basketball. He is Happy Gilmore of the NBA. Will do amazing things that make you say wow then proceed to make bone head mistakes that cost you the game. His game winning shot was an example of that type of behavior, IMO. I thought the Scott Brooks plays of just let Durant dribble and shoot were bad but they weren't from 40 feet out.
I would agree with this if Trae didnít make the shot ó but he made the shot! And if you watched him last year, he made that shot time and time again.
NYC-Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:23 AM   #23
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:

Not sure where you get the idea that I don't want him to succeed, I don't really care one way or another. What I do think is that over the long haul, TY style of play won't lead to his team being successful long term and that's because of what I saw of him as a Sooner. Last season wasn't all his fault but it wasn't not his fault either.
Rough day at work?
Dog die?
Wife leave you?
Old 10-14-2018, 01:44 PM   #24
schoonerdriver
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-Fool View Post
I would agree with this if Trae didnít make the shot ó but he made the shot! And if you watched him last year, he made that shot time and time again.
He was hot first 3rd of the season. He didn't hit it much after that.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:57 PM   #25
schoonerdriver
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Rough day at work?
Dog die?
Wife leave you?
Yes, Dr. Phil. I came and posted about TY to help cope.

This used to be a basketball forum. It appears that time has come and gone.