ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 04-17-2017, 05:06 AM   #1
SoonerSpock
All-American

Default Shepard visits South Carolina

Former Nebraska forward Jessica Shepard is reported to have visited South Carolina.Wish/hope the Sooners can get a visit.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Default Re: Shepard visits South Carolina

Below is the Rebkell post that likely is the source of the report on the SC visit.

From poster scfastpitch:
Anyone heard anything about Jessica Shepard visiting South Carolina ? I was at the South Carolina softball game Saturday and the women's basketball team was there in the stands for a while . Big white girl sitting next to Alexis Jennings looked a lot like Shepard . I did a little research and found that Shepard played on the U18 team coached by Dawn Staley back in 2014 . Aja Wilson was also on that team .
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Mac
Administrator

I've heard Shepard can be a bit of a handful at times, so I think she wouldn't have been a good fit at OU, Dawn was able to get Davis to see the bigger goal, so I'm sure she would help Shepard make a turn around, and possibly get drafted. Also if anyone watched Shepard play she took a lot of long 2's this season... I wouldn't call her a back to the basket post player...
Old 04-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Oliver Hardy
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I've heard Shepard can be a bit of a handful at times, so I think she wouldn't have been a good fit at OU, Dawn was able to get Davis to see the bigger goal, so I'm sure she would help Shepard make a turn around, and possibly get drafted. Also if anyone watched Shepard play she took a lot of long 2's this season... I wouldn't call her a back to the basket post player...
"bit of handful" usually translates into Sherri will refuse to recognize her existence on the planet.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #5
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
"bit of handful" usually translates into Sherri will refuse to recognize her existence on the planet.
Just read things like she's not a fan of "hard practices"... and is one of the reasons Yori was let go.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #6
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Just read things like she's not a fan of "hard practices"... and is one of the reasons Yori was let go.
What I read on that was speculation that since she stayed at Nebraska she was one of the players that complained about Yori...particularly since Romero left for UW and complained about the complainers. But I also read that she wasn't the player (or in the group of players) that complained...so I don't think the facts are known on if she is a problem or not. I will say based on the schools she seems to be considering (based on who she twitter followed after deciding to leave) I can't imagine any of those schools are not having hard practices...and particularly I can't imagine Dawn Staley not being a demanding coach.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #7
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonercuda View Post
What I read on that was speculation that since she stayed at Nebraska she was one of the players that complained about Yori...particularly since Romero left for UW and complained about the complainers. But I also read that she wasn't the player (or in the group of players) that complained...so I don't think the facts are known on if she is a problem or not. I will say based on the schools she seems to be considering (based on who she twitter followed after deciding to leave) I can't imagine any of those schools are not having hard practices...and particularly I can't imagine Dawn Staley not being a demanding coach.
That's why if anyone can get Shepard to turn the page, and understand that this could be her last shot if she want's a career in basketball after college, Staley is the coach to do it...
Old 04-20-2017, 02:47 PM   #8
Soonercuda
All-Conference

Shepard apparently visiting Notre Dame today.