ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-20-2017, 08:37 PM   #1701
SoonerSpock
All-American

Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
Wow! You don't normally hear of these kinds allegations against women collegiate players. Wonder how long they will be suspended? Yes, Martin is the one who pitched against us in Mexico earlier this year and I think their #1 pitcher so I'd assume she will be suspended the least possible.

Auburn appears to be a "win at all costs" school. Changing football coaches every couple of years, hiring Myers from ASU, hiring Sonny Golloway, Bruce Pearl, etc. It's amazing all the hiring and firing they do consistently! Wonder if Myers will get the boot now???
I agree the Auburn, worst in the SEC in my opinion, is a "win at all cost" school. But ignorant as to your reason for classifying Clint Myers with Bruce Pearl and Sunny Golloway. Curious as to the reason, can you elaborate? Wanting his two sons to coach for him which Arizona's nepotism rule prohibited was to my knowledge his primary reason for going to Auburn.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-20-2017 at 08:40 PM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:41 AM   #1702
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
I agree the Auburn, worst in the SEC in my opinion, is a "win at all cost" school. But ignorant as to your reason for classifying Clint Myers with Bruce Pearl and Sunny Golloway. Curious as to the reason, can you elaborate? Wanting his two sons to coach for him which Arizona's nepotism rule prohibited was to my knowledge his primary reason for going to Auburn.
Clint says he wanted to coach with his sons. Now neither are coaching with him. Casey left to coach baseball with San Diego Padres (California a LONG way from Auburn!) and Corey is pretty much done with coaching forever. Didn't last long.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._softball.html

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/...7bfc629c0.html
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:52 AM   #1703
SoonerSpock
All-American

Quote:
Clint says he wanted to coach with his sons. Now neither are coaching with him. Casey left to coach baseball with San Diego Padres (California a LONG way from Auburn!) and Corey is pretty much done with coaching forever. Didn't last long.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._softball.html

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/...7bfc629c0.html
Casey's stay with San Diego did not last long and he returned to the coach for his dad in the same position he left. Now it will be interesting if he promotes him from volunteer coach to assistant coach.

I suspect he will not as he needs to speed the money on an assistant coach to acquire the quality pitching coach he wants.

Aside from hiring his sons and Patty has hired JT as an assistant I do not see how one can lower Meyers esteem as a premier softball coach with two national championships to that of Golloway and Pearl. Beyond my grasp.

I should not I do not think a coach should ever be allowed to hire a family member for any position at any time. It just is not good business. It works on occasion but nothing is worth the risk associated with the hire.

I will add Bob Stoops, Lon Kruger and Sherri Coale to the list coaches trust be damned. To me a big red flag on Castiglione to allow it. Ditto Boren.

http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/...63052dae6.html

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w...l-coaches.html

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-21-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #1704
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Casey's stay with San Diego did not last long and he returned to the coach for his dad in the same position he left. Now it will be interesting if he promotes him from volunteer coach to assistant coach.

I suspect he will not as he needs to speed the money on an assistant coach to acquire the quality pitching coach he wants.

Aside from hiring his sons and Patty has hired JT as an assistant I do not see how one can lower Meyers esteem as a premier softball coach with two national championships to that of Golloway and Pearl. Beyond my grasp.

I should not I do not think a coach should ever be allowed to hire a family member for any position at any time. It just is not good business. It works on occasion but nothing is worth the risk associated with the hire.

I will add Bob Stoops, Lon Kruger and Sherri Coale to the list coaches trust be damned. To me a big red flag on Castiglione to allow it. Ditto Boren.

I disagree. You really only hear about when problems occur. There are so many instances that are never known because there are never issues. UTenn husband and wife co-head coaches of softball are another example. What are examples of failure with OU coaches since Boren/Castiglione have been in Norman?

Don't forget KJ's husband is assistant coach also. Don't forget Kimmy either!!!
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:

Last edited by tycat947; 04-21-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #1705
scrybe
All-American

I agree that Clint Myers is a good coach who had every right to leave ASU for a job at Auburn.

Myers is also an arrogant SOB who instills that same sense of arrogance in his players and by his actions encourages them to disrespect their opponents. Haley Fagan had issues at Florida and was kicked off the team as a result. She was obviously a good fit in Myers' program at Auburn.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:57 AM   #1706
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:

Agree 100% on hiring family members. Should be a nepotism policy at Nepotism U., I mean OU.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #1707
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
Agree 100% on hiring family members. Should be a nepotism policy at Nepotism U., I mean OU.
I'm just thankful that neither you nor Spock are in charge of the OU athletic department.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 AM   #1708
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
I agree that Clint Myers is a good coach who had every right to leave ASU for a job at Auburn.

Myers is also an arrogant SOB who instills that same sense of arrogance in his players and by his actions encourages them to disrespect their opponents. Haley Fagan had issues at Florida and was kicked off the team as a result. She was obviously a good fit in Myers' program at Auburn.
He also has one of Fagan sisters on staff as GA.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:11 AM   #1709
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
I'm just thankful that neither you nor Spock are in charge of the OU athletic department.
Ain't THAT the truth!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 AM   #1710
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
He also has one of Fagan sisters on staff as GA.

Wonder if her job entails carrying the players' bongs.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #1711
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
Wonder if her job entails carrying the players' bongs.

Or getting her sister worked up on walk through after Fla game!!! Or BOTH!!!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:42 AM   #1712
scrybe
All-American

Quote:

Or getting her sister worked up on walk through after Fla game!!! Or BOTH!!!
That high-five Walton gave Haley's shoulder in the walk through probably dislodged her reefer. No wonder she got so angry.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:45 AM   #1713
tycat947
Elite Eight

Quote:
That high-five Walton gave Haley's shoulder in the walk through probably dislodged her reefer. No wonder she got so angry.

Here is story (or when it happened) on Fla dismissing Hagan sisters and Coyle in 2012.

Florida Dismisses 3

Also, Florida fans chat on the issue.

GatorTalk
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by tycat947; 04-21-2017 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:55 AM   #1714
SoonerSpock
All-American

Quote:
I disagree. You really only hear about when problems occur. There are so many instances that are never known because there are never issues. UTenn husband and wife co-head coaches of softball are another example. What are examples of failure with OU coaches since Boren/Castiglione have been in Norman?

Don't forget KJ's husband is assistant coach also. Don't forget Kimmy either!!!
Nothing to take issue about it is a difference of opinion. I think it is bad practice to have a family member working for you period. Presents too many circumstances that can make for significant personnel issues. You think differently. Boren and Castiglione along with a half dozen coaches.

It is not an issue it is a difference of opinion. That is the reason for 4,200+ different religions. No big deal.
Old 04-21-2017, 11:57 AM   #1715
SoonerSpock
All-American

Quote:
I am too!!! All I have is an opinion worth no more than nor less than that of soonerstar, tycat the the scrybe.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-21-2017 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:08 PM   #1716
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
I feel the exact same way about you.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:33 PM   #1717
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerstar View Post
I feel the exact same way about you.
Good to know.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:54 PM   #1718
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Good to know.
A pleasure to inform you.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #1719
tycat947
Elite Eight

Friday game postponed until Sunday.

http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211568115
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #1720
sybarite
National Champion

Washington 3
Alabama 2
in Tuscaloosa

Tennessee 6
LSU 3
Baton Rouge

Oregon 0
Arizona 2
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:50 AM   #1721
SoonerSpock
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Washington 3
Alabama 2
in Tuscaloosa

Tennessee 6
LSU 3
Baton Rouge

Oregon 0
Arizona 2
Need Arizona to sweep and the other two to split to get max aid in the rpi.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #1722
BlackwellSooner
Starter

0-0 bottom of the third, OU batting. Baylor's pitcher Selman is looking pretty salty, our girls haven't been able to do much so far.
BlackwellSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #1723
BlackwellSooner
Starter

Still deadlocked 0-0, through 4 innings.
OU had a good chance to plate a run in the bottom of the 4th with runners at 1st & 3rd, but Pendley fouled out to the left fielder to end the inning.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:36 PM   #1724
BlackwellSooner
Starter

6 complete, 2 hits for each team, still deadlocked.

Very impressed with the Baylor pitcher Selman, she is pitching a heckuva game, as is Paige.

Who's gonna win this thing?
Old 04-22-2017, 02:47 PM   #1725
BlackwellSooner
Starter

Very surprised to see Gasso lift Paige i the top of the 7th, one out and baserunner at 1st.

Parker has been extremely effective, with 6 Ks, 3 hits and a shutout. Will see whether Patty made a boo boo here...