ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
gwydion
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 242
Default McGraw retires at Notre Dame

https://www.southbendtribune.com/ndi...a839e30f0.html
gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
OUDallas66
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 60
Default Re: McGraw retires at Notre Dame

Niele Ivey, terrific selection.
OUDallas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:23 PM   #3
euphguy
Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,237
Default Re: McGraw retires at Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUDallas66 View Post
Niele Ivey, terrific selection.
+1
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
euphguy
Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,237
Default Re: McGraw retires at Notre Dame

If only other coaches knew when it was time to call it quits. *cough*
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:23 AM   #5
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,687
Default Re: McGraw retires at Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphguy View Post
If only other coaches knew when it was time to call it quits. *cough*
If you speaking of SC, she quit few years back
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #6
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 703
Default Re: McGraw retires at Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
If you speaking of SC, she quit few years back

I kind of feel bad for McGraw considering many times her teams made the title game and did not win. I remember her making it two years in a row without winning, kind of like Shaefer at MSU recently. Of course she lost again last year in the final. I'd say making the finals and losing is still a very successful season and she went out on a very high note. SC, on the other hand, will most likely have to be forced out due to her horrible performance. It might take a new AD in order to do so, or she will simply retire. McGraws 10 years older than SC, so hopefully we don't have 10 more years of this level. I have to think that at some point something will give and we will either make a turn in the right direction and start winning some games or someone will step down. Surely winning 8 - 15 games per season for the next several seasons won't be tolerated, will it??!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #7
Soonerbay
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 975
Default Re: McGraw retires at Notre Dame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I kind of feel bad for McGraw considering many times her teams made the title game and did not win. I remember her making it two years in a row without winning, kind of like Shaefer at MSU recently. Of course she lost again last year in the final. I'd say making the finals and losing is still a very successful season and she went out on a very high note. SC, on the other hand, will most likely have to be forced out due to her horrible performance. It might take a new AD in order to do so, or she will simply retire. McGraws 10 years older than SC, so hopefully we don't have 10 more years of this level. I have to think that at some point something will give and we will either make a turn in the right direction and start winning some games or someone will step down. Surely winning 8 - 15 games per season for the next several seasons won't be tolerated, will it??!
I think it will! What has already been allowed is so drastically different than what normally happens...namely an extension while on a consistent decline. I have to agree with Spock now...she'll be there at least until the end of the 2023 contract. I'll be surprised if she retires or gets fired prior to then. Heck, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they extend again. She's been teflon protected so why change now?
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com