ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-13-2019, 08:56 PM   #1
rickjames
Walk-on

Default New Commitment?

https://mobile.twitter.com/sherricoa...58619332984833

I have no idea how to embed a tweet in a post.

Last edited by rickjames; 04-13-2019 at 09:04 PM.
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:43 PM   #2
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Might get some news next week it appears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
rickjames
Walk-on

Default Re: New Commitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
Might get some news next week it appears.

Any idea who it might be?
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:38 PM   #4
Speedy17
Role Player

Probably just Jan Ross committing to move back to Assistant Coach status and Morgan Hook accepting a job as the new assistant coach. That will get the new "All in the Family" staff ready to recruit.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:23 AM   #5
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Speedy at least your sense of humor is enjoyable despite the though of it actually happening being nil. I think the stress of coaching might be too much for Jan's health. Although is does appear at times from where we sit that there really has been no change in coaching responsibilities. But that Jan's promotion was just a move to get Colton more money so he could afford for Morgan to shop for more and better high heels like his mother does.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-14-2019 at 08:34 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:57 PM   #6
One More Rebound
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
Any idea who it might be?
If she's not at least six foot three, it doesn't matter.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:26 PM   #7
Speedy17
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
Speedy at least your sense of humor is enjoyable despite the though of it actually happening being nil. I think the stress of coaching might be too much for Jan's health. Although is does appear at times from where we sit that there really has been no change in coaching responsibilities. But that Jan's promotion was just a move to get Colton more money so he could afford for Morgan to shop for more and better high heels like his mother does.
How is it a promotion when she is no longer coaching and by rule can NOT be out recruiting? She was in the huddle during every timeout and sitting on the bench like she was an assistant. She was also making 225K in salary which a non-coach would never get anywhere. OU was so bad last year that no one said a word.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:34 PM   #8
sooner8693
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
How is it a promotion when she is no longer coaching and by rule can NOT be out recruiting? She was in the huddle during every timeout and sitting on the bench like she was an assistant. She was also making 225K in salary which a non-coach would never get anywhere. OU was so bad last year that no one said a word.
For Ross to be paid that much money is obscene.
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 02:35 PM   #9
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Your point is very valid but the finger should be pointed at Joe Castiglione. He allowed Sherri to promote Colton to an assistant position and to pay $225K to Jan in a non-coaching position. That is better than 2/3 of what they paid Bob Stoops to not coach. But logic says if you get a $40K raise and a new title it is a promotion at least on paper.
Old 04-14-2019, 02:54 PM   #10
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8693 View Post
For Ross to be paid that much money is obscene.
+1
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #11
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I donít think new commitment actually means a new freshman. Iím betting itís a transfer or juco kid.

Old 04-14-2019, 07:05 PM   #12
MisterF
Walk-on

Why does anybody care what Ross is getting paid? That seems to be way down the list of program concerns.

I’m guessing that tweet has to do with new assistant coaches being close to being announced.
MisterF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #13
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Coaches do make sense too.

Old 04-14-2019, 09:24 PM   #14
Speedy17
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF View Post
Why does anybody care what Ross is getting paid? That seems to be way down the list of program concerns.

Iím guessing that tweet has to do with new assistant coaches being close to being announced.
Actually it matters when it comes to being able to hire new assistant coaches. Colton Coale is making 85K as an assistant while a non assistant coach is making 225K with the responsibilities. If you are a potential assistant, that will tell you that the priorities are not right.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:19 AM   #15
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Actually it matters when it comes to being able to hire new assistant coaches. Colton Coale is making 85K as an assistant while a non assistant coach is making 225K with the responsibilities. If you are a potential assistant, that will tell you that the priorities are not right.
To solve all of the chaos...if you cut off the head, the tail will surely die. In other words, until SC moves on, this is what you get: poor recruiting, nepotism at its worse, lack of game time coaching strategies/team orientation amongst coaches, future recruit relationship development/no camps for youth, arrogance, micro management, salary vs productivity imbalance, player development...for starters. But it looks like fans will have to wait awhile until the trance wears off the powers that be.

PS...And whenever SC decides to retire, she should throw a big party for the teams of 2005-2010 and thank them for their successes based on their natural gifts and talent as they achieved so much without much contribution from the coaching staff relative to player development and game time coaching because it landed her (and the assistants) lots of $$$$$ for years to come. Along with those endowments.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:05 AM   #16
CoachTalk
Final Four

I think itll be a big girl. I know a lot of haters on here and get the frustration but SC knows how to coach and I think will right the ship.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:50 AM   #17
Soonerguy06
Role Player

I have a feeling that tweet is referring to the new assistants.

I hope it's a good new Big, but hopefully that's next..
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote