ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 03-17-2019, 01:12 PM   #26
sooner8693
Walk-on

Default Re: Sarah Andrews Home Visit

Honestly, how pathetic is that? "I'm Sherri Coale and this is my only real assistant, my son".
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:57 AM   #27
Soonerguy06
Role Player

ISU seems like years away from the team they were last year. I'm continually impressed. Of course, they will lose two valuable players this year to graduation, so we will see how they fair next season. TT looks to be moving upwards, they will gain the UCONN transfer, who i'm sure is going to contribute. The other two (ut & kstate) are at least making the tournement, so they have put in some work at least. I hope this season is a short setback and next year we are back to our regular 21-22 win seasons we can expect from SC...wish it were more, but it just won't be with SC coaching.

When do you all think OU will have another season with more than 25 wins again?? I feel like it will be after SC retires, hopefully not though!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:42 AM   #28
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
There was a time when this conference overall was a Hell of a lot better than it is now, Mac. I long for those days.

I don't think Sherri has given up trying to create a revival at OU, but I'm not sure how much of an effort KSU, Texas, or TT are making.

Iowa State seems to be doing their part and WVU wasn't exactly terrible this year.
From a recruiting perspective the whorns are doing an outstanding job. JMHO but I think Karen Aston is just lacking as an X's and O's coach. She could also easily be lacking from a leadership perspective. The whorns definitely don't play to the level of their talent.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:50 PM   #29
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Just checked in on Andrews, nothing to really to report except that we did make her final group of schools --

12 schools in the order their logos came up on her video:

Louisville
Baylor
Auburn
Texas
OU
aTm
TT
Uconn
FSU
ONE LOGO I did not recognize but C -- maybe Cincinnati?
Tennessee

Don't know if her order means anything. I can't believe it does because of UConn placement, but who knows.

Have to admit where OU is on the list could be worrisome.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 PM   #30
sybarite
National Champion

C: South Carolina
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #31
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Thank you.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:53 AM   #32
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

The more I look at the current Sit-Rep with the program, Sherri's future, the new staff, etc., the more I'm leaning to the ugly reality that we don't stand much of a chance with Andrews.

There are very few kids who want to shoulder the entire burden of a coach's career and a program's future on their backs when there is really nothing to build on other than Ana and Williams.

Sure, kids want to be "the one" but they rarely want to be the ONLY one.

I saw we don't make her final 5. Other offers from better teams and programs with better coaches is just too much to overcome.

HOWEVER, there is always prayer for those who think God really handles that level of stuff.

Last edited by Oliver Hardy; 04-21-2019 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #33
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
There was a time when this conference overall was a Hell of a lot better than it is now, Mac. I long for those days.

I don't think Sherri has given up trying to create a revival at OU, but I'm not sure how much of an effort KSU, Texas, or TT are making.

Iowa State seems to be doing their part and WVU wasn't exactly terrible this year.
Many WBB fans would not consider Karen Aston as a great X's and O's coach. But she has been very aggressive and successful recruiting quality basketball players. 5 of her 13 roster members are from out-of-state. After her first season at Texas when she finished 8th in the conference she has 3 3rd place finishes and 3 2nd place finishes. So I have to question your concern about Texas' commitment to WBB. They are not on par with Baylor but who is? Sooner fans would have some excitement, I think, if the Sooners had 3 conference 2nd place finishes in the last 4 years like the whorns.

During the same time period Sherri has finished 8th, 5th, 4th, 2nd and 3 3rd place finishes. So Karen has definitely been more successful than Sherri on the court and in the recruiting arena. Additionally the whorns did recent facilities upgrades to the Erwin Center and locker room facilities.

https://texassports.com/news/2017/9/...acilities.aspx
Old 04-21-2019, 06:29 PM   #34
mikeareese
Role Player

The players Texas is getting. They should be on pace with Baylor. You give Coale that talent and the team would be in the Final 4.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 08:10 PM   #35
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
The players Texas is getting. They should be on pace with Baylor. You give Coale that talent and the team would be in the Final 4.
And you are a comedian too?
Old 04-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #36
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
And you are a comedian too?
No. He's just intelligent - unlike some others on here.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #37
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
No. He's just intelligent - unlike some others on here.
Why be so self demeaning with your statement?
Old 04-22-2019, 08:46 AM   #38
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeareese View Post
I've often wondered myself if this would be the case. I agree. If SC got anywhere near the talent that KA got she'd have better results for sure, IMO. It's tricky to say, for sure. The fact that she gets nowhere near the talent coming in, also IMO, is her fault. I think Mulkey is also a little behind on what she's been able to do with the talent she brings in. I think she should have won more NC when Grinder was on the roster, and she's brought in more than one McDonald's All-Americans every year, so a total of 3 NC with all of the talent she continually brings in makes me scratch my head and wonder what SC could have done with this kind of talent. I guess we will probably never know...I don't see things changing that drastically with the recruiting for the few years she's probably got left at OU. I mean, I hope i'm wrong, but she seems stubborn AH and don't see huge changes coming.

Interested to see how Shaina develops wherever she ends up.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:25 AM   #39
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I've often wondered myself if this would be the case. I agree. If SC got anywhere near the talent that KA got she'd have better results for sure, IMO. It's tricky to say, for sure. The fact that she gets nowhere near the talent coming in, also IMO, is her fault. I think Mulkey is also a little behind on what she's been able to do with the talent she brings in. I think she should have won more NC when Grinder was on the roster, and she's brought in more than one McDonald's All-Americans every year, so a total of 3 NC with all of the talent she continually brings in makes me scratch my head and wonder what SC could have done with this kind of talent. I guess we will probably never know...I don't see things changing that drastically with the recruiting for the few years she's probably got left at OU. I mean, I hope i'm wrong, but she seems stubborn AH and don't see huge changes coming.

Interested to see how Shaina develops wherever she ends up.
I too think with a break here or there that Baylor and Mulkey might have won one more natty. However to imply that she should have won more is stretching it a bit in my opinion. Since Kim arrived in Waco and took over terrible WBB program she has won 3 nattys. More than any school not named UConn (10) and that includes Notre Dame (2) and Tennessee (2).

By no stretch of anyone imagination should that be considered under performing by Kim. We don't talk about Sherri only making 1 FF with the Paris twins and no nattys. Also the 2007-2008 team with Courtney, Ashley, Plumley, Thompson and DRob starting and Stevenson, Roethlisberger, Olajuwon, Hammond and Vining as backups went only 22-9. JMHO.

http://www.soonerstats.com/basketbal...fm?decade=2000

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-22-2019 at 10:19 AM.
SoonerSpock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:26 AM   #40
soonerstar
All-Conference

As for under achieving, Coale should have won at least 1 national championship during the 4 years of the Paris twins. One final four appearance during their senior year.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #41
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Sherri: Hi! I'm so glad to be here. I couldn't find a babysitter, so I had to bring my son.

Relax. This board needs some humor.
I appreciate the effort, Ollie. But that's about as funny as a boil on the backside.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #42
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Truth often isn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #43
Mac
Administrator

Baylor, Florida St, Louisville, Mississippi St, and Texas is the final five for Andrews...
Old 08-17-2019, 04:21 PM   #44
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Baylor, Florida St, Louisville, Mississippi St, and Texas is the final five for Andrews...

Not surprised by these selections other than Connecticut is not on this list. It's getting extremely boring how predictable commitments are these days. I don't recall the last time a top recruit went somewhere unexpected, Maybe not since Delle Donne.. I wish there was more parody with this aspect women's college basketball. Not looking good so far for the class of '20. Maybe there are some good serious prospects we don't know about outside of Jenkins and Tot. If neither of them pic the Sooners we might have another dud class. But then again, what do we expect after only winning 24 games in the past 2 years?! if I were a serious player that wanted to eventually go to the WNBA and be seen in the college game I wouldn't go to a team that may not make the tournament the next few years.
Old 08-17-2019, 08:06 PM   #45
Mac
Administrator

Quote:
Not surprised by these selections other than Connecticut is not on this list. It's getting extremely boring how predictable commitments are these days. I don't recall the last time a top recruit went somewhere unexpected, Maybe not since Delle Donne.. I wish there was more parody with this aspect women's college basketball. Not looking good so far for the class of '20. Maybe there are some good serious prospects we don't know about outside of Jenkins and Tot. If neither of them pic the Sooners we might have another dud class. But then again, what do we expect after only winning 24 games in the past 2 years?! if I were a serious player that wanted to eventually go to the WNBA and be seen in the college game I wouldn't go to a team that may not make the tournament the next few years.
By the looks of things on Twitter, unless there is 1 or 2 kids out there who will be surprising us, it looks like the Recruiting focus is now on the 2021 class... if we can have a good season this year the 2021 class could be a good one, starting with Moore.
Old 08-17-2019, 09:49 PM   #46
sybarite
National Champion

UConn gor the PG that they wanted from somewhere in Europe. I think Texas got one from Australia and one from here. We got a point guard who was highly-rated from the Metroplex last year. No reason to be all that excited about another. Both Baylor and Texas had highly-rated PGs transfer out, as did we. I'm not so sure we all aren't better for it.

I think we have our 2019-2020 team and have had. I don't know how Lemon fits yet. But, I think we will do OK with Bloom, Lampkin, and Williston. One or two of them might be better than what is thought. We don't have the depth at post that Baylor has. Brown and Cox was tough. Assuming Cox can go, Egbo and Cox will be good, although not Brown quality. I just don't think we will be as helpless as we were last year in the interior.

With Liz and Gabby to help Madi, we should be a bit better at rebounding forward positions. That helps. But, it also helps that we have scorers this year. We really ended up dependent on Ana or Taylor having a good day, and both were green.

An added summer to work together along with the addition of Liz and Gabby should add a few wins. I doubt we are #1 or 2 in the conference. But,, I think we can be competitive for #3, and growing. We will still be the youngest team in the conference. We have two juniors, six sophs, and 3 freshmen to go with Lemon.

I think 2021 and 22 will be better years for prospects. I just didn't see people going crazy this year. There wasn't a Lauren Cox. FOY is wide open for someone unknown from this class. I would like to get both Tot and Jenkins, just for the remarks I've seen about Tot's toughness and to add to the big forward type group with Madi and Liz.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 12:16 PM   #47
mikeareese
Role Player

Still in on J Jenkins for 2020.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:37 AM   #48
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Except Delle Donne went to UCONN...then transferred home to Delaware.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote