ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 10-31-2019, 03:00 PM   #1
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Default De'Vion Harmon

From Guerin Emig...

Quote:
As well as DeVion Harmon played in his Oklahoma basketball debut Tuesday night, fans should be just as encouraged about something he said six days earlier.

I know, and everybody who watches us in the Big 12 knows, that weve got to be better than the past couple years. I want people to put that on my shoulders and let me handle it, Harmon declared at Big 12 Media Day on Oct. 23. I dont care if Im a freshman or not. Im 18. I feel like I can handle whatever is thrown at me. Put the blame on me if we lose a game.

Ill take it. Ill fix it. Then well bounce back.

Coaches love hearing that volume of accountability from seniors. Harmon is OUs freshman point guard.

When I relayed the quote to Lon Kruger, the Sooners coach smiled so broadly the corners of his mouth practically reached his spectacles.

DeVion carries himself that way. He does, Kruger said. He works extremely hard. Hes motivated by a number of things, but primarily its to do what he can to help his team be better. A lot of players think like that, but DeVion being a point guard, having that mindset, thats healthy. Thats refreshing.
Old 10-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #2
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: De'Vion Harmon

De’Vion Harmon is special! I’m not surprised he plans to put the team and the blame for a loss on his shoulders. I said sometime ago that he is a natural born leader with the ability to lead his freshman season. I believe that even more now.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 04:22 PM   #3
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Tulsa, thanks for posting, and for covering the basketball team. Other papers should follow your lead and actually give this program some ink!
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:11 AM   #4
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Tulsa, thanks for posting, and for covering the basketball team. Other papers should follow your lead and actually give this program some ink!
I was very worried when the last few times I tried to visit the site wasn't loading, but glad you're all back too
Old 11-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #5
SoonerinNC
All-Conference

Emig was always the best at covering the Sooners.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:53 AM   #6
Stikboy
All-Conference

What a breath of fresh air this kid is. Hope he has a great career!
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 02:47 PM   #7
vbdad
Role Player

Harmon is a true point guard. He is the leader we have been lacking for some time.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote