ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2022, 09:30 AM   #1
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,649
Default Nice mention in The Athletic

They posted a mailbag today with two of their national college hoops writers, and one question was which teams nationally might be the biggest surprises. One of the writers singled out OU as a team that might make a leap. He specifically mentioned Sherfield and Joe Bam, and said that he thinks things may be a lot smoother in Moser's second year. Obviously it doesn't mean a thing, but nice to see that someone outside the program see reasons for optimism.

The other part of that question was which teams may disappoint relative to preseason expectations, and both mentioned UNC.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:45 AM   #2
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,593
Default Re: Nice mention in The Athletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
They posted a mailbag today with two of their national college hoops writers, and one question was which teams nationally might be the biggest surprises. One of the writers singled out OU as a team that might make a leap. He specifically mentioned Sherfield and Joe Bam, and said that he thinks things may be a lot smoother in Moser's second year. Obviously it doesn't mean a thing, but nice to see that someone outside the program see reasons for optimism.

The other part of that question was which teams may disappoint relative to preseason expectations, and both mentioned UNC.
Great news!

I'm kind of with them on UNC, even though I like UNC. It just seems that they could be what UCLA did right before them. Great run after a lackluster season, then have a ton returning and super high expectations. UCLA didn't have a great year, see if UNC does the same or greatly improves.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 10:30 AM   #3
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,649
Default Re: Nice mention in The Athletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Great news!

I'm kind of with them on UNC, even though I like UNC. It just seems that they could be what UCLA did right before them. Great run after a lackluster season, then have a ton returning and super high expectations. UCLA didn't have a great year, see if UNC does the same or greatly improves.
Ha, UCLA is the exact comparison they made in mentioning Carolina!
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:25 AM   #4
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,593
Default Re: Nice mention in The Athletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Ha, UCLA is the exact comparison they made in mentioning Carolina!
Nice
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com