ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2022, 06:14 PM   #1
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 335
Default How many games will this years team win?

I’m going with 21
What say you?
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 08:17 PM   #2
Jimmon
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 19
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

I was going to say 21 also but since you did I will go with 22.
Jimmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 09:00 PM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16
 
Oliver Hardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,787
Default

I’ll go bold 23! Boomer Baby!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 10:58 AM   #4
Soonerb98
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Posts: 25
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

If we're counting regular season plus conference tourney and big dance, I'll go 24!
Soonerb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:39 PM   #5
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16
 
Oliver Hardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,787
Default

My guess was regular season only.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,593
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Regular season with neither tourney I’ll say 20.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 09:47 PM   #7
BigTime
The Red Wig
 
BigTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Downtown trying to get homeless to the LNC
Posts: 11,622
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

23 in regular season. Going to be a good year ladies and gents
__________________
--------------------------------------------


SLAAAAAAAAAAAAM!
-BBS
BigTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 10:05 AM   #8
jaymOU
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broken Arrow OK
Posts: 911
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Be disappointed with anything less than 20. I think you guys are right in the area I would have guessed. Can OU go + .500 in conference?
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 11:23 AM   #9
Stikboy
All-American
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,748
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
Be disappointed with anything less than 20. I think you guys are right in the area I would have guessed. Can OU go + .500 in conference?
That's what i'm lookin at. I would really like to go plus .500 in conference. I think we should..
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 05:32 PM   #10
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

33 with a ship
__________________
Porter Moser's Sooners = National Champions by 2026!
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 11:22 AM   #11
BanjoCharley
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,458
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

!!!
__________________
While you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
BanjoCharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 03:58 PM   #12
Boom Soon
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Posts: 69
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

I think there's a possibility it will take the team a while to gel. I'm going to say 18 wins in the regular season, but make a nice run in the Big 12 and NCAA tourney.
Boom Soon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 12:54 AM   #13
lexusooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 335
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Win total break down : Reg season 21, B12Tourney 2 NCAAtourney 2 total wins 25
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 07:18 AM   #14
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,649
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Soon View Post
I think there's a possibility it will take the team a while to gel. I'm going to say 18 wins in the regular season, but make a nice run in the Big 12 and NCAA tourney.
I’d be disappointed if it takes this team significant time to gel. They have five returning players and a couple transfers who have played a lot of college ball. That puts them ahead of many (most?) teams in this day and age. Add in the extra practice they got for the European tour, and they shouldn’t have a long adjustment period. They need to hit the ground running and avoid a couple of the sloppy losses they had early last season.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:15 AM   #15
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,497
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I’d be disappointed if it takes this team significant time to gel. They have five returning players and a couple transfers who have played a lot of college ball. That puts them ahead of many (most?) teams in this day and age. Add in the extra practice they got for the European tour, and they shouldn’t have a long adjustment period. They need to hit the ground running and avoid a couple of the sloppy losses they had early last season.
very much agree ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:32 AM   #16
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,215
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

i'm more pessimistic than some of you. I think we will come out of the gate pretty well but I don't expect more than 10 conference wins, so I'd say we win 17
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:11 AM   #17
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,649
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
i'm more pessimistic than some of you. I think we will come out of the gate pretty well but I don't expect more than 10 conference wins, so I'd say we win 17
Just curious how you get to that number (17) if you expect us to get off to a good start. If you see us winning 10 conference games, that would mean a 7-6 noncon, which is anything but coming out of the gate quickly.

I am terrible at predicting records, but I will be extremely disappointed if we don't improve on last season by at least three regular season wins. We are far more talented, have several guys with a year under their belts in Moser's system, and, let's face it, it would be hard to execute as poorly in late-game situations as we did last year. If we don't take a step forward, it will be cause for concern.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 10:33 AM   #18
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 11,215
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Just curious how you get to that number (17) if you expect us to get off to a good start. If you see us winning 10 conference games, that would mean a 7-6 noncon, which is anything but coming out of the gate quickly.

I am terrible at predicting records, but I will be extremely disappointed if we don't improve on last season by at least three regular season wins. We are far more talented, have several guys with a year under their belts in Moser's system, and, let's face it, it would be hard to execute as poorly in late-game situations as we did last year. If we don't take a step forward, it will be cause for concern.
i was just assuming our non conference schedule was finalized and was looking at the schedule on soonersports.com
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #19
pnkranger
All-American
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,345
Default Re: How many games will this years team win?

I'll say 19 regular season wins. 9-4 non-con (losses to Arkansas, Villanova, and 2 of Florida, Alabama, Memphis, Seton Hall, or whoever we would face in game 3 of the tournament). 10-8 in conference. 7-10 seed in the tournament.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com