ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > NBA Hoops Talk Board

Old 05-15-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Default Reconsidering a second Nick Collison jersey retirement

Quote:
Nick Collison retired last Thursday, prompting some debate about having his No. 4 retired at Chesapeake Energy Arena. I found it humorous that anyone would consider retiring any Oklahoma City Thunder jersey before No. 0.

Russell Westbrook has averaged a triple-double for two consecutive seasons. Collison never averaged double-figure point totals over his 15-year NBA career. I mean, seriously?

Well, I Googled Collison’s jersey retirement from when he was at Kansas. That led me to his final home game in 2003. And that led me to a Lawrence Journal-World story about that game.

It was against Oklahoma State, and I had forgotten that after Roy Williams substituted for Collison, Eddie Sutton jogged over to the Jayhawks’ bench to offer congratulations.

“I told Eddie it’s the longest sprint he’s had in a long time,” Williams said in postgame.
Link