ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-23-2017, 07:05 PM   #76
Salt City Sooner
Walk-on

Thumbs up Re: 2017 possible Targets

Juiston with 23 & 16 as the Blue Dragons edge Odessa 89-86. They won it at the FT line (I'm not sure of the exact margin, but they had to have shot around 30 more FT's than Odessa).

EDIT: Box score: http://www.njcaahutchtourney.com/spo...70323_2f0i.xml

-John Wooden-

Last edited by Salt City Sooner; 03-23-2017 at 09:17 PM.
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:49 PM   #77
sooner8693
Walk-on

Default Re: 2017 possible Targets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
Juiston with 23 & 16 as the Blue Dragons edge Odessa 89-86. They won it at the FT line (I'm not sure of the exact margin, but they had to have shot around 30 more FT's than Odessa).
Juiston really stepped it up on the offensive end in the last 6-7 minutes. If Hutch hits a decent free throw percentage, they win easily.
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:00 PM   #78
HandyMan
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Yeah should by the end of the week. I got a text after I inquired and it was "be patient"
I am guessing it is Lattin as a grad transfer. Hope I'm wrong because I really like his effort and athleticism.
HandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 PM   #79
Chaser728
Role Player

Quote:

EDIT: Box score: http://www.njcaahutchtourney.com/spo...70323_2f0i.xml
Looking forward to seeing him play tomorrow in the Semi-finals.
Chaser728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #80
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyMan View Post
I am guessing it is Lattin as a grad transfer. Hope I'm wrong because I really like his effort and athleticism.
You think Lattin is transferring?
Old 03-24-2017, 08:01 AM   #81
CMSOONER
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
You think Lattin is transferring?
Locked in starter... I couldn't see it. Would be out of nowhere. And as much as we harp on Lattin for needing to step up, this would really hurt the team next year regardless of how well McNease plays.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:32 AM   #82
Soonerinkc
All-Conference

yeah not think Lattin...he's been a starter..the whole season. As well as McNeace played he didn't play well enough to take his spot. On top of that LK gave Lattin an extended role offensively...so I don't see it.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 12:51 PM   #83
usedtobe1
Administrator

I just don't see Juiston playing a position of need right now if he is just a PF. We have Doolittle, Buford, Freeman, and now Manek there now.... although he is probably better than a 2-3 of those guys. Maybe he could alternate with Odomes at SF or wing. We don't need him on the perimeter because he is such a good rebounder and gets most of his points in the post area.
usedtobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:31 PM   #84
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyMan View Post
I don't see Lattin going anywhere, unless it's home for a brief summer visit. He has plenty of unfinished work to do at OU his senior season.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:35 PM   #85
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Green Bay's Kerem Kanter To Test NBA Draft And Transfer (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2oeQKsn

Wouldn't be a bad add.
Old 03-24-2017, 04:37 PM   #86
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymore Cox View Post
Green Bay's Kerem Kanter To Test NBA Draft And Transfer (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/2oeQKsn

Wouldn't be a bad add.
Interesting possibility. I think it's safe to assume OU may have somewhat of an advantage should they decide to offer Enes Kanter's brother.

If he plays with the same determination and toughness as Enes, I want him. I don't expect him to be nearly as good. What this OU team is toughness and a post player with a mean streak.
Old 03-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #87
Salt City Sooner
Walk-on

Juiston with 18 points & 15 boards as the Blue Dragons win 88-79 over NW Florida. HCC will play for the natty tomorrow night.

-John Wooden-
Old 03-24-2017, 08:18 PM   #88
chuckb
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Interesting possibility. I think it's safe to assume OU may have somewhat of an advantage should they decide to offer Enes Kanter's brother.

If he plays with the same determination and toughness as Enes, I want him. I don't expect him to be nearly as good. What this OU team is toughness and a post player with a mean streak.
I think Doolittle offers that. Maybe you'd call him a rebounder rather than a post player, but I think he certainly has those qualities. Maybe we could use another, but it's not like we don't have one already.
chuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:48 PM   #89
Chaser728
Role Player

Quote:
Juiston with 18 points & 15 boards as the Blue Dragons win 88-79 over NW Florida. HCC will play for the natty tomorrow night.
Watched him live tonight. He had a quiet 18. Ur there was one play in particular that allowed you to see this kids athleticism... he grabbed a rebound and went immediately up. It reminded of watching Wiggins do that after offensive rebounds. Not saying he's got Wiggins athleticism, but he is athletic.

Also, he has very good vision and pass well out of the post. He's also able to take big guys off the dribble, reminiscent of what Roe would do back during LK's first year.

He also changes shots with his length at the rim.

Does get pushed a little by the bigger boys, and the team they played had a big guy that could push him around a bit... and could get a little lazy on D at times.

IMO I'm not certain he's better than the bigs we have on our roster now. He reminds me of Doolittle a little bit. Maybe not quite as But Krugs loves the stretch 4... trusting Kruger if we have some schoolies open of course.

BTW the guy Haynes-Jones made some nice plays as well. He'll be a good one for WSU
Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 PM   #90
Salt City Sooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser728 View Post
Watched him live tonight. He had a quiet 18. Ur there was one play in particular that allowed you to see this kids athleticism... he grabbed a rebound and went immediately up. It reminded of watching Wiggins do that after offensive rebounds. Not saying he's got Wiggins athleticism, but he is athletic.

Also, he has very good vision and pass well out of the post. He's also able to take big guys off the dribble, reminiscent of what Roe would do back during LK's first year.

He also changes shots with his length at the rim.

Does get pushed a little by the bigger boys, and the team they played had a big guy that could push him around a bit... and could get a little lazy on D at times.

IMO I'm not certain he's better than the bigs we have on our roster now. He reminds me of Doolittle a little bit. Maybe not quite as But Krugs loves the stretch 4... trusting Kruger if we have some schoolies open of course.

BTW the guy Haynes-Jones made some nice plays as well. He'll be a good one for WSU
Good comparison re; Ro. I was trying to come up with one & couldn't think of it but that one's better than anything I was thinking.

BTW, not to get ahead of myself, but we may have caught a break. Eastern Florida just upset South Plains.

-John Wooden-
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #91
Matthew G
Walk-on

Looks like OU was up there to watch Juiston

@AdamZagoria

Iowa State watched Hutch star Shakur Juiston last night. UNLV's Marvin Menzies, K-State's Bruce Weber & Oklahoma also saw him this week.
Matthew G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #92
Chaser728
Role Player

Quote:
Good comparison re; Ro. I was trying to come up with one & couldn't think of it but that one's better than anything I was thinking.

BTW, not to get ahead of myself, but we may have caught a break. Eastern Florida just upset South Plains.
Yep. After watching both play Eastern FL looks to be a good matchup.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #93
Chaser728
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew G View Post
Looks like OU was up there to watch Juiston

@AdamZagoria

Iowa State watched Hutch star Shakur Juiston last night. UNLV's Marvin Menzies, K-State's Bruce Weber & Oklahoma also saw him this week.
He still has no OU offer. Right?
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #94
Chaser728
Role Player

Quote:

Also. If we can get Roe production from him, then that'd be pretty great l
Old Yesterday, 09:33 PM   #95
sooner8693
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaser728 View Post
Also. If we can get Roe production from him, then that'd be pretty great l
Natty #3 comes to Hutch Juco. Congratulations to the Blue Dragons. Juiston with 18pts, 13rebs, and 7assists was named tourney MVP.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM   #96
sooner8693
Walk-on

And for the folk who always complain about the national tourney being in Hutch every year and being an unfair advantage to Hutch Juco, it is only the 3rd national championship for Hutch in the 69 years the tourney has been held there.
Old Yesterday, 09:49 PM   #97
Chaser728
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8693 View Post
Natty #3 comes to Hutch Juco. Congratulations to the Blue Dragons. Juiston with 18pts, 13rebs, and 7assists was named tourney MVP.
Yep... great win and big game from Juiston! Almost pulled a Westbrook
Old Today, 06:25 AM   #98
CoachTalk
Elite Eight

Quote:
Hutch resigned after the game. Took a d2 job

Great job!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:35 AM   #99
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Hutch resigned after the game. Took a d2 job

Great job!
Coach Eck?
Old Today, 08:00 AM   #100
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
And for the folk who always complain about the national tourney being in Hutch every year and being an unfair advantage to Hutch Juco, it is only the 3rd national championship for Hutch in the 69 years the tourney has been held there.
Hutch has been a juco power for as long as I can remember. I'm surprised they have only won three. Shows that a national title is not easy at any level.

Heck of a tourney by Juiston. He appears to be a player who would have an immediate impact no matter where he goes.