ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 03-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #26
CMSOONER
Starter

Default Re: Fraschilla on Hannes Polla???

Quote:
Originally Posted by okiezoni View Post
Sounds like he has a Marc Gasol type body, a bit shorter, and maybe the same type game???

Have also read about him being a stretch 4 but with moves and able to finish with both hands around the basket. I have read that he would be the first real low post presence under Lon at OU.
From the video I've seen of Polla he will not play significant minutes next season. He will get CJ Cole's minutes.

He is 100% not similar to Freeman, and I did not see any significant moves around the basket nor did he attempt a jump shot. He is a big bodies 6'11" kid. He is a true low post player, but will not be a significant player on this team as a freshman. He could 100% blossom into a better player than what I saw, but at this point he is not there. As a freshman I see him being a guy that beats up on McNease and Lattin in practice and toughens them up.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:36 AM   #27
sunnyjim48
Walk-on

Default Re: Fraschilla on Hannes Polla???

I'm Tony Sellars' brother and most of what he gets about basketball recruiting comes from me. Most of what I tell him comes from what I read on here and other sites (mostly from here). I don't know where he got the stretch 4 thing, but he didn't get it from me.
I suggest that we wait until he gets here before we decide how many minutes he gets and how big of an impact he will have.
By the way, Tony is not out of sports. He just isn't on the radio or TV any more. He still covers some games for AP and does high school play-by-play for football and basketball. He does have a full-time job out of sports.
sunnyjim48 is offline   Reply With Quote