ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-26-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
WichitaSooner
Starter

Default Cam Lard

Is transferring from ISU. I imagine he won't be the only prominent player to leave a Big 12 school, which is why I'm more optimistic than some about our chances next year. I think it's highly unlikely any of our three core returning guys leave, but other schools will have guys transfer or turn pro.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:42 PM   #2
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player

Default Re: Cam Lard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Is transferring from ISU. I imagine he won't be the only prominent player to leave a Big 12 school, which is why I'm more optimistic than some about our chances next year. I think it's highly unlikely any of our three core returning guys leave, but other schools will have guys transfer or turn pro.
ISU also loses Mayok & could have any of Horton-Tucker, Halliburton, & Wigginton turn pro.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
mict085
Role Player

Can all of kansas’ players and coaches leave please? And be replaced with ymca level players? Is that too much to ask.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:20 AM   #4
Soonerinkc
All-American

IMHO it'll be wv/ku battling for #1

then tt/bu/ut/OU/isu

then
ksu/tcu/osu

just off of gut reaction..

*all bets off if others leave early...totally by losing Sr THIS year.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:31 AM   #5
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
IMHO it'll be wv/ku battling for #1

then tt/bu/ut/OU/isu

then
ksu/tcu/osu

just off of gut reaction..

*all bets off if others leave early...totally by losing Sr THIS year.
Hard pass on WV.
Texas Tech will be in that battle for 1.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:33 AM   #6
tmeyer3307
Walk-on

Wonder why he is leaving.. I know he lost his job, but wasn't he hurt or suspended early? I know the last several games he was playing a bunch and pretty well.
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 07:45 AM   #7
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Hard pass on WV.
1.) Kansas
2.) WVU
3.) Baylor
4.) Texas Tech
5.) Oklahoma State
6.) Okahoma
7.) ISU
8.) Kansas State
9.) UT
10.) TCU

6-10 is basically a log jam.

That is my early prediction... Many of these teams aren't done recruiting yet. In a league that is always a blood bath, a big transfer here or there can be the difference between 8th and 4th... But as it stands today, that is my prediction.

Last edited by thebigabd; 03-27-2019 at 07:47 AM.
thebigabd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #8
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
1.) Kansas
2.) WVU
3.) Baylor
4.) Texas Tech
5.) Oklahoma State
6.) Okahoma
7.) ISU
8.) Kansas State
9.) UT
10.) TCU

6-10 is basically a log jam.

That is my early prediction... Many of these teams aren't done recruiting yet. In a league that is always a blood bath, a big transfer here or there can be the difference between 8th and 4th... But as it stands today, that is my prediction.
OSU better than us? Ouch.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:07 AM   #9
Big Old Booger
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Gar Heard View Post
ISU also loses Mayok & could have any of Horton-Tucker, Halliburton, & Wigginton turn pro.
Wigginton is terrible. If he turns pro he will end up like TMG, out of basketball in 3 years or less.

Fran Fraschilla
---------------------
Big Old Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #10
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
OSU better than us? Ouch.
They have a great foundation, and a lot of talent coming in. I already posted it in another thread, but they have all the pieces for a huge jump.

Leading returning assist man in the Big 12
Best 3pt shooter in the Big 12
#5 3pt shooter in the Big 12
Leading shot blocker in the Big 12

They should be able to shoot, rebound, defend, block shots, etc. Very good bench with a bunch of 4 star talent.

They are bringing four, 4 star players off the bench.

Harmon vs Likekele is going to be hugely entertaining for 3 years.

Last edited by thebigabd; 03-27-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:23 AM   #11
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmeyer3307 View Post
Wonder why he is leaving.. I know he lost his job, but wasn't he hurt or suspended early? I know the last several games he was playing a bunch and pretty well.
He was suspended at least once, but I think it was actually twice. My guess is that he wasn't necessarily welcome back even if he wanted to stay.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:59 AM   #12
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Hard pass on WV.
I'll never count out Huggins, but I don't understand all the love for WVU on this board.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:27 AM   #13
SuperHoops
Role Player

WVU has no seniors this year so they will have everyone back plus new recruits and maybe KONATE! comes back after missing this year. They ought to be pretty good, maybe not contenders for the championship good though. But they should have been much better this year than they were, so it could all fall apart again next year.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #14
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I'll never count out Huggins, but I don't understand all the love for WVU on this board.
Because they have a very good, elite player coming in and if Konate comes back they will likely have the best front-court in the country, certainly in the Big 12. They have a true small forward who had a great run at the end of the year, and the guards should be good.

WVU will be really good.
Old 03-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #15
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
can't stand huggins and his style...so no "love"....BUT he's a hell of a coach...

I'm looking at they don't lose anyone, their "big" didn't play this year, great fr post coming back, fr guard was good and supposedly bringing in a top 30 wing...or guard..read that somewhere.

They'll be top half for sure...possibly top 3...at this point.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #16
thewez
Walk-on

I don't know anything about the recruiting classes of OSU and WVU but I'm going to need to see those teams do it before I believe they'll be good teams.
thewez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 10:03 AM   #17
Hollisp
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewez View Post
I don't know anything about the recruiting classes of OSU and WVU but I'm going to need to see those teams do it before I believe they'll be good teams.
+1 I’ll take OU over both as it stands right now.
Hollisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:28 PM   #18
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollisp View Post
+1 I’ll take OU over both as it stands right now.
I'll take OU over osu, but i'm gonna have to see it before i automatically say we will be better than the team that beat us 2 out of 3 this year and has no srs on the roster

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #19
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewez View Post
They have one really highly rated player coming in, but considering that they were dead last this year, I think they're more than one player away. Their recruiting class as a whole is middle of the road. I'd take OU, Texas, and Tech's classes over theirs. Probably one or two others if I took a deeper look. WVU's class is ranked #39 in the country by Rivals, which is good for 7th in a conference of 10. Not impressed.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:10 PM   #20
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
They have one really highly rated player coming in, but considering that they were dead last this year, I think they're more than one player away. Their recruiting class as a whole is middle of the road. I'd take OU, Texas, and Tech's classes over theirs. Probably one or two others if I took a deeper look. WVU's class is ranked #39 in the country by Rivals, which is good for 7th in a conference of 10. Not impressed.
Their recruiting class has 2 players... OU's is inflated because it has like 8 people in it. They are bringing in a quarter, OU isn't. They are bringing in a consensus 5 star, McDonalds All-American, who is widely regarded as the best rebounder in the entire high school class. The kid is a freak.

Konate, Culver, and Oscar (the new kid) would all probably be OU's most talented player next year. That is not hyperbole.

They are going to sign one more as well, a shooting guard. They are in the final 3 for several for good players to add to their class.

Don't forget the previous 4 seasons they won 26, 28, 26, and 25 games. They finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, and 2nd in Big 12 play in those seasons. Sweet 16, Sweet 16, Sweet 16....

You guys act like because they had a down year with a bunch of new players and without their best player that they aren't coming right back?

They are coming right back. They will have the best front-court in the country, and some good players at the guard spots.

Last edited by thebigabd; 03-27-2019 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:30 PM   #21
WichitaSooner
Starter

Quote:
Their recruiting class has 2 players... OU's is inflated because it has like 8 people in it. They are bringing in a quarter, OU isn't. They are bringing in a consensus 5 star, McDonalds All-American, who is widely regarded as the best rebounder in the entire high school class. The kid is a freak.

Konate, Culver, and Oscar (the new kid) would all probably be OU's most talented player next year. That is not hyperbole.

They are going to sign one more as well, a shooting guard. They are in the final 3 for several for good players to add to their class.

Don't forget the previous 4 seasons they won 26, 28, 26, and 25 games. They finished 3rd, 2nd, 2nd, and 2nd in Big 12 play in those seasons. Sweet 16, Sweet 16, Sweet 16....

You guys act like because they had a down year with a bunch of new players and without their best player that they can't coming right back?

They are coming right back. They will have the best front-court in the country.
The likelihood of this is remote. Without even checking their recruiting classes, it is always a safe bet that UK and Duke will have the best front courts in America. As others have said, who knows if Konate will come back.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:45 PM   #22
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
I know about Tshiebwe -- he's the #22 recruit in the country. But Texas is bringing in the #21, #53, and #62 guys. Tech is bringing in #32 and #57. We have Harmon (#37) and several other guys that can contribute. WVU is going to need more than one guy.

Quote:
We'll see about that. What makes you so sure Konate is coming back? I'm leaning more in the other direction, personally.

Quote:
They will have the best front-court in the country, and some good players at the guard spots.
Seems a bit extreme.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:46 PM   #23
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
The likelihood of this is remote. Without even checking their recruiting classes, it is always a safe bet that UK and Duke will have the best front courts in America. As others have said, who knows if Konate will come back.
Ok, maybe its a top 5 front-court. Geez.

They have sufficient talent up front to man-handle the Big 12... Lord knows what they do to Manek and Doo with Konate back and with the MCDAA kid who is thought to be the best rebounder in the nation. They only out-rebounded us by 20 boards per game this year.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:49 PM   #24
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
I know about Tshiebwe -- he's the #22 recruit in the country. But Texas is bringing in the #21, #53, and #62 guys. Tech is bringing in #32 and #57. We have Harmon (#37) and several other guys that can contribute. WVU is going to need more than one guy.

We'll see about that. What makes you so sure Konate is coming back? I'm leaning more in the other direction, personally.

Seems a bit extreme.
Context... Texas always brings in talent and Shaka has always sucked. Maybe they will be good this year... but if you give Huggins Culver, Konate, and Tshiebwe... with their system and coaching... It's going to be an insane front-court.

Any time you sign a guy who is thought to be the best at something in the country in a major category, that is a coup.... The best rebounder, the best shooter, the best athlete, etc in the country... There are only 5-7 guys like that. The best passer, shooter, rebounder, defender, etc. WVU has one.
Old 03-27-2019, 02:52 PM   #25
thebigabd
National Champion

This probably isn't a good conversation. You guys don't want to hear much other than... "OU is going to be super awesome", and then pretend like nobody else will get better. This WVU thing blows my mind....