ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > NBA Hoops Talk Board

Old 04-12-2019, 01:10 AM   #26
jmizzy4ou
All-American

Default Re: Magic Johnson as a General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
It's the right call, and shoulda been made a couple years ago. Jeannie is too bitter to let it happen, though.
Jerry West wants no parts of that job. This entire situation is starting to look like Kobe may be involved behind the scene. Pelinka is Kobe's guy, and now the word is Jeanie wants to give more decision making power to Pelinka, who wouldn't have the job if not for Kobe. Jeanie is very loyal to the Laker Family, especially those her father loved. She needs to bring in some outsiders with no emotional connection. Rumors also are out there saying her relationship with Phil Jackson isn't as warm as it once was.......
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:15 PM   #27
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmizzy4ou View Post
Jerry West wants no parts of that job. This entire situation is starting to look like Kobe may be involved behind the scene. Pelinka is Kobe's guy, and now the word is Jeanie wants to give more decision making power to Pelinka, who wouldn't have the job if not for Kobe. Jeanie is very loyal to the Laker Family, especially those her father loved. She needs to bring in some outsiders with no emotional connection. Rumors also are out there saying her relationship with Phil Jackson isn't as warm as it once was.......
I agree that Jerry probably doesn't want anything to do with the job. At one point he did, but Jeannie and Phil pretty well nixed that. I think Pelinka is very knowledgable about the game. I wouldn't have been hearbroken had he been fired, but I don't see why everybody has turned on him. I think he deserves another year or two.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #28
One More Rebound
Starter

The best solution would be for Jeanie Buss to sell The Lakers, and for the new owner to hire basketball people who make basketball decisions based on facts and evidence, and not misguided loyalty. NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!
Old 04-14-2019, 08:33 PM   #29
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by one more rebound View Post
the best solution would be for jeanie buss to sell the lakers, and for the new owner to hire basketball people who make basketball decisions based on facts and evidence, and not misguided loyalty. Never gonna happen!
PITCHFORKs !!
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote