ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-16-2020, 07:52 PM   #1
Soonerinkc
Sweet 16

Default Taj Gray

kind of cool....(didn't know he was a Wichita HS product) but his dad is an asst coach at my step kids HS here in KC. Kid made the Fr team...his coach is a 6'8 guy who played overseas for years...

Anyways...I reached out to Taj via Linkedin...he responded...he's a training guy here in town.

Hopefully see him at a game... I just like talking to these guys to see their side of it all.

I had done Boy Scout camp back in the early 2000's with a kid who played at KU under Brown...Malcolm Nash...it was interesting talking to him about it all...
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:39 PM   #2
NMSooner'80
All-Conference

Default Re: Taj Gray

I think his uncle is Lester Pace, who played for OU from 1979-82. He was Al Beal's backup in '79 when OU won the league. I think he was a full-time starter in Tubbs' first year and had some decent numbers.
NMSooner'80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 08:53 PM   #3
opsooner
Final Four

I remember Lester Pace. Not a great offensive guy but a good eraser with long arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
cvangild
Role Player

Default Re: Taj Gray

Taj Gray was one of my fav players during the Sampson era! I still remember the dunk he had off a backboard pass from Terrel Everett. Taj was a beast! I'm still surprised he couldn't make an NBA roster! It just goes to show how hard it is to make the league..but sometimes you also need to be a little lucky and be trying out for the right team.
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote