ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,708
Default UConn vs Baylor

Who do you think will win this game?

Will Kim have her team wound up tighter than a $2.00 watch or not:

Will UConn's skill be able to overcome Baylor's size?
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:17 PM   #2
tycat947
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 5,226
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

UConn all the way!
__________________
Quote:
If you spent half as much time in defending the team you claim to support, posters here might actually believe you're an OU fan. You're all over any mention of ............., but rarely say anything good about the Sooners. Even when you do, you're quick to throw in a backhanded positive to dilute its impact.
Quote:
...They are never around to support the team during good times but they never miss an opportunity to complain.
Quote:
Some people think being negative makes them sound like an expert.
tycat947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
sybarite
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,295
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Since it is at Baylor, I give them a chance, a good one. But, Baylor lacks guards, and they had trouble with teams with guards, ASU and Stanford.

Stanford/Baylor box score:
http://stats.ncaa.org/game/index/4675104?org_id=674

Notice that Baylor dominated the boards, and Stanford hit fewer than fifty percent of their free throws. Yet, the Cardinal won by five. Baylor also had more turnovers, but not by much. The real difference? Stanford was 13 of 30 from three (39 points). Baylor was 3 of 7 (9). Thirty points difference from three.

I suspect that UConn will have similar problems with Baylor's size. But, UConn doesn't go over you (except in the fourth against us). They beat you by making sharp passes to cutters for wide open layups, and they hit threes (except against us). I think the Bears will have trouble with the UConn guards, as well as lack the mobility to stay with UConn's forwards when not under the rim. I think it may be as much as 15.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
inoref
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Two really good teams and great coaches..toss up, but think I would bet on UConn if I had to bet. Should be a fun game to watch if they both play well.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #5
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 610
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

I noticed how unproductive the Baylor Bigs were against Stanford. Wonder what happened? I imagine Connecticut will expose Baylor's lack of mobility down low.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:45 PM   #6
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 610
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

I've got to say, Kim Mulkey was on the actual Court most of the game and was never reprimanded by the officials... Probably because it was in Waco, complete bull. I will say I do not think Connecticut will win the national title this year, just don't have a deep enough bench and thus far have been incredibly inconsistent. I just wish it was not Baylor that beat them..
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:25 PM   #7
Rbeam1
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 197
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Baylor's size really affected UCONN. It will give us a ton of trouble as well. I am really concerned with our size the next couple of years. Williston has the size but will she develop? I have seen bloom listed 6'2-6'4. If she is 6'4 that would be great. Some have thought Scott would play center next year but I have seen her listed 6'1-6'3. Baylor and Texas are loaded with size. We have to get some of our own, or I am worried we will waste the talent we have recruited at guard.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:58 PM   #8
inoref
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Forgot about this game, I see baylor got it done..they could meet again later on
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:20 AM   #9
oketex
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 426
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Guys I want to know what it will take to get OU back to the level of these two teams. Year in and year out UConn is there and most years Baylor is at the top. I was watching the game and Baylor is going to be hard to beat even if they play UConn away from home. How do we get back there, we haven't been really good since the twins left.

Another thing I noticed last night is and this is only my observation, I think Big 12 Official are scared to death of the Wicked Witch of Waco, she was out on the floor coaching, out of the coaches box and not one time was she called out. Officials are suppose to keep the coaches in the box and off the floor and she gets away with it almost every game. I told my wife come tourny time someone will nail her and she will blow up.
oketex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:20 AM   #10
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,425
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

All it should take is a concerted effort by the opposing Big 12 coaches and AD's with a complaint about the officials not complying with the coaching box rules and the problem should go away.

Hence I have to assume the problem is a bigger issue with the fans than it is with the coaches. Might call it the Wicked Witch Syndrome wherein Kym is perpetually getting opposing fans goat in a multitude of ways.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 01-04-2019 at 10:52 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #11
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 610
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Who will be the new No.1 team now? Does ND deserve to go back on top? I hate to say it, but I think they would have played a better game against Baylor because they do have the size to compete with them... I don't believe Louisville is the number 3 team in the country though... it seems like this is going to be a great year, tons of parity with a lot of different title contenders, not that one dominant team like we've had in the past.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:21 AM   #12
euphguy
Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

I will never root for UConn, even against our conference foes. I am happy Baylor pulled out the win. Mulkey's team exposed UConn's lack of depth and post play. I hope this is the start of the demise of UConn's dominance, which does little to bolster the women's game (in my opinion).
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 12:47 PM   #13
soonerstar
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,748
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphguy View Post
I will never root for UConn, even against our conference foes. I am happy Baylor pulled out the win. Mulkey's team exposed UConn's lack of depth and post play. I hope this is the start of the demise of UConn's dominance, which does little to bolster the women's game (in my opinion).
Agree with you about never being for UCONN. It was not easy for me to do, but I cheered for Baylor and Texas football the same week. It had more to do with being against Geno and the SEC in football.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM   #14
inoref
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphguy View Post
I will never root for UConn, even against our conference foes. I am happy Baylor pulled out the win. Mulkey's team exposed UConn's lack of depth and post play. I hope this is the start of the demise of UConn's dominance, which does little to bolster the women's game (in my opinion).
I don't feel like its UConn's fault that the other teams aren't as good. If those teams don't like it....get better
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 PM   #15
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,425
Talking Re: UConn vs Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I don't feel like its UConn's fault that the other teams aren't as good. If those teams don't like it....get better
Now Billy curb your tongue. We don't need a technical.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 01-05-2019 at 09:46 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #16
sybarite
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,295
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I don't feel like its UConn's fault that the other teams aren't as good. If those teams don't like it....get better
I tend to agree with this.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 PM   #17
euphguy
Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I don't feel like its UConn's fault that the other teams aren't as good. If those teams don't like it....get better
Sure, it isn't UConn's "fault." However, it certainly is not good for the game, in my opinion. It's boring when you know who will win every time. These last two years have been such a sigh of relief.

"Get better" is pretty simplistic logic, and it actually doesn't do anything to enhance or rebuke my argument.
euphguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 10:26 PM   #18
inoref
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,499
Default Re: UConn vs Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphguy View Post
Sure, it isn't UConn's "fault." However, it certainly is not good for the game, in my opinion. It's boring when you know who will win every time. These last two years have been such a sigh of relief.

"Get better" is pretty simplistic logic, and it actually doesn't do anything to enhance or rebuke my argument.
Baylor was the better team, now what about baylor are they good for the big12 seems like they win lot of times.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com