ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 12-16-2018, 09:58 PM   #51
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Default Re: Dead Last In Conference Standings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
I almost feel sorry for all of our freshmen who are learning and trying hard.

They are going to get a bitter taste of what facing a perennial power is like. I doubt anyone is going to be happy when the final buzzer goes off and they are sitting on those benches wondering WTF just happened and who was driving the truck that just made them seem and feel like week-old road kill.

This game may tell us a lot about what kind of heart and grit our new kids have.
I feel certain the kids will show heart and grit desired but they may also observe that coaching and expectations can make the whole greater than the sum of its parts.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:49 AM   #52
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Default Re: Dead Last In Conference Standings

I just feel like we are playing with fire here, having such a young team and such a difficult schedule. A lot of these players are not used to losing this much and this may not bode well for if all of them stay on and want to continue playing for a losing program. And it will remain a losing program because things do not change over the course of one season miraculously especially with our coaching staff....unless something shifts tremendously this year and we win a lot of games consecutively and the season ends on a really positive note, I can see a lot of these girls wanting to leave as I would want to as well. I'm sure they were not given the expectation of having a tough, losing season their first year with the program!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote