ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-01-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,543
Default Doolittle Appreciation

IMO 1st team all big 12

15.7ppg
8.8reb
2.0ast

36% 3pt
80% FT

One of the best matchup nightmares when the midrange is falling.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #2
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,060
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

He's a much better player shooting the mid range jumper than when he would try to take it strong to the basket and with the not so best results.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
He's a much better player shooting the mid range jumper than when he would try to take it strong to the basket and with the not so best results.
No need to get carried away, huh?
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #4
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,060
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
No need to get carried away, huh?
Is there a translation available?
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:20 PM   #5
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,195
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
Is there a translation available?
LOL, sd.

It's taken a while, but I've finally learned that any praise we give an Oklahoma player must be counter-balanced by some constructive criticism.
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:27 PM   #6
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 5,060
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
LOL, sd.

It's taken a while, but I've finally learned that any praise we give an Oklahoma player must be counter-balanced by some constructive criticism.
And there is no shame in being a realist. There are parts to his game which he excels at and some in which he does not and this applies to everyone in existence whether they like it or not.

The original poster mentioned his mid range shot as did I.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:12 PM   #7
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,183
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
IMO 1st team all big 12

15.7ppg
8.8reb
2.0ast

36% 3pt
80% FT

One of the best matchup nightmares when the midrange is falling.
Best PF in the league imo. Top 5-6 player in the 2nd best league this year, going to have to adjust iso offense without him next year.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 03:47 PM   #8
tmeyer3307
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 569
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Dude is a warrior! His numbers aren't always great, but he's a for sure First Team All Big 12 guy! Be a shame if he doesn't get on it.
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:29 PM   #9
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,948
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

1st teamer.... do doubt about it. Huge loss for next season.
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:35 PM   #10
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,674
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
IMO 1st team all big 12

15.7ppg
8.8reb
2.0ast

36% 3pt
80% FT

One of the best matchup nightmares when the midrange is falling.
No doubt about it!

Oh, how I wish he would have redshirted the year he was not eligible until the second semester. What a waste!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:46 PM   #11
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,948
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
No doubt about it!

Oh, how I wish he would have redshirted the year he was not eligible until the second semester. What a waste!
Yep
__________________
Lonnie Kruger = YES
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:04 PM   #12
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,183
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
No doubt about it!

Oh, how I wish he would have redshirted the year he was not eligible until the second semester. What a waste!
The way the team was rolling fans would’ve went crazy if Lon didn’t put Doolittle in the lineup after his freshman year’s production.

Not a single coach would’ve redshirted him that year.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:49 PM   #13
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,674
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
The way the team was rolling fans would’ve went crazy if Lon didn’t put Doolittle in the lineup after his freshman year’s production.

Not a single coach would’ve redshirted him that year.
I get that, and I was not blaming Lon. I’m also sure Doo wanted to play.

My observation is in hindsight. It’s always easier to look back with an “oh, how I wish” now that we know how the decision back then turned out.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #14
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,886
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Not a single coach would’ve redshirted him that year.
Kelvin redshirted Jason Detrick because he was worried about how young we would be in 2004. We turned out to be dreadful on offense in 2003 because we didn't have a slasher.......like Detrick!

Lon should've noticed early on that Doolittle wasn't right that semester. It didn't take much. It looked as though he'd been body snatched. He gets paid the big bucks to make tough calls like that.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:01 PM   #15
BCSooners
All-American
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 3,183
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
Kelvin redshirted Jason Detrick because he was worried about how young we would be in 2004. We turned out to be dreadful on offense in 2003 because we didn't have a slasher.......like Detrick!

Lon should've noticed early on that Doolittle wasn't right that semester. It didn't take much. It looked as though he'd been body snatched. He gets paid the big bucks to make tough calls like that.
OU was top 10 and starting to slide, the way Doolittle has/had played would indicate you playing him.

Even if LK noticed early on Doo wasn’t right it wouldn’t have mattered, he couldn’t have redshirted that year once he started playing.

Last edited by BCSooners; 03-01-2020 at 07:28 PM.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #16
NAIA All-Star
All-American
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 2,568
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

He'll be missed next year for sure.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:40 AM   #17
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 7,543
Default Re: Doolittle Appreciation

https://soonersports.com/news/2020/3...ior-night.aspx
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com