ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-02-2020, 11:13 AM   #76
steverocks35
Sweet 16

Default Re: Austin Reaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSOONER View Post
If Reaves had gone to the floor grasping his face and not played through it they would have 100% reviewed the call. They should have reviewed the contact to the face anyways.
I was just reading the rule book, and it looks like Coach Kruger could have requested a review to determine if it was a flagrant foul, at risk of losing a timeout. I don't know if it was worth it though at that point in the game, we had a big lead.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:21 AM   #77
CMSOONER
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
I was just reading the rule book, and it looks like Coach Kruger could have requested a review to determine if it was a flagrant foul, at risk of losing a timeout. I don't know if it was worth it though at that point in the game, we had a big lead.
I agree, it likely would not have resulted in a flagrant foul.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:22 AM   #78
steverocks35
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMSOONER View Post
I agree, it likely would not have resulted in a flagrant foul.
The problem was that the officials didn't even call a common foul, so getting them to call a flagrant would have been a reach.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:25 AM   #79
skyvue
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
I knew the negatives have been pointed out. Shooting % and To's.

We can live some some TO's bc we avg 9.4 a game. Top 10 in the nation in least amount of To's
Reaves averages 2.3 turnovers a game. Doo averages 2.1 per game, and not a peep about that on this board.

Every season, it's someone. This season, it's Reaves.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:29 AM   #80
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Reaves averages 2.3 turnovers a game. Doo averages 2.1 per game, and not a peep about that on this board.

Very true. Doesnt fit the agenda.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:34 AM   #81
steverocks35
Sweet 16

Leave. Austin. ALONE!!!!!! Lol

Who will think of the children????
Old 03-02-2020, 11:43 AM   #82
steverocks35
Sweet 16

If you don't want our honest opinion about Austin Reaves, don't start a thread about him.

<Starts thread about Austin Reaves then asks, WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THINGS ABOUT AUSTIN REAVES???>
Old 03-02-2020, 11:45 AM   #83
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
If you don't want our honest opinion about Austin Reaves, don't start a thread about him.

<Starts thread about Austin Reaves then asks, WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THINGS ABOUT AUSTIN REAVES???>
Seriously.
Old 03-02-2020, 11:50 AM   #84
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Seriously.
Quote:

Does it just hurt you guys that we may finish top 4 in the Big 12?

That we have good players...
Old 03-02-2020, 11:53 AM   #85
steverocks35
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Does it just hurt you guys that we may finish top 4 in the Big 12?

That we have good players...
Does it hurt you that we can love the team and still be realistic about it?
Old 03-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #86
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:

Some would expect a guard to have better handles than Doolittle who is not a guard. Doolittle finds himself on the perimeter less than a guard thus he finds himself in the thick of the defense more often. Doolittle is also seen as a more consistent player. The likelihood is a more consistent player will be less criticized than a less consistent player.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 11:54 AM   #87
steverocks35
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
Some would expect a guard to have better handles than Doolittle who is not a guard. Doolittle finds himself on the perimeter less than a guard thus he finds himself in the thick of the defense more often. Doolittle is also seen as a more consistent player. The likelihood is a more consistent player will be less criticized than a less consistent player.
All of this.
Old 03-02-2020, 09:22 PM   #88
cvangild
Role Player

Quote:
All of this.
If I could delete one poster...you might be it. GO away troll.
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #89
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvangild View Post
Old 03-02-2020, 09:49 PM   #90
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:

How often do you pound your chest? And who, pray tell, is preventing you from placing the poster on ignore. Can you provide us with names?

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 03-02-2020 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 12:30 AM   #91
steverocks35
Sweet 16

Quote:
Iím not a troll, you can check my posts going back for years and years, but you sound like message board posting might not be the right activity for you. I donít know.
Old 03-03-2020, 06:58 AM   #92
TINY
All-Conference

Quote:
And reaves handles the ball a lot more. Thatís like saying a wide receiver who fumbles the ball once per game is a better ball carrier than a running back who fumbles 1.2 times per game. The running back touched the ball a lot more than the wide receiver just like reaves compared to doo.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 07:18 AM   #93
opsooner
Final Four

Quote:

Not true either. Comments have been made about Doo getting the ball taken away from behind many times. I made them once. Itís a fan board. There are going to be positive and negative comments. If you look just a little you will also find a lot of positive comments about Reaves. But going through a game thread after you know the results is probably going to give you a slanted opinion. There are different personalities on here, some more emotional than others during the game and they say what they would say to their friend at the bar. I like that. If everyone was always positive or always negative it would be a boring forum.
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 10:24 AM   #94
MichaelM
Walk-on

There were two critical plays when WV was closing the gap, where Reaves just stood there and dribbled until there were 6 seconds on the shot clock. Both times I thought he was going to go into his dance-and-shoot-contested-fadeaway mode... but instead, both times he made a good move, got into the lane, and made a pass to a wide open guy under the basket. Great team plays.

And I don't know if he can make them if the defense doesn't think, somewhere in the back of their head, that he's about to make them look foolish and drain a 3 in their face. Even if the numbers don't support it.
MichaelM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:40 AM   #95
Abe
Walk-on

My age will show but bar talk/comments should stay at the bar. More often than naught these comments are non productive and are made in the heat of the game. I have thought the same sometimes during the game. No player nor coach would be good enough if I analyzed their play or coaching on a few plays or a bad game. (Interesting that only 5 schools have made the NCAA tournament more than OU since 2013.) Not saying that there is not room for critic but picking and choosing a few bad plays or a bad game on a single player is not good analysis. Sometimes even a bad season.
If your going to the practices, attending the games then some good analysis would be appreciated.
Abe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:31 PM   #96
opsooner
Final Four

Thatís my point. The game thread is not so much about analysis as it is about reaction. And whether comments made at the bar should stay at the bar is totally dependent on the individual in my opinion. But as for my opinion it is only equal to you and everyone- we all have one. None of us are in charge.
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 12:38 PM   #97
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
Thatís my point. The game thread is not so much about analysis as it is about reaction. And whether comments made at the bar should stay at the bar is totally dependent on the individual in my opinion. But as for my opinion it is only equal to you and everyone- we all have one. None of us are in charge.
Agreed. When the electricity goes out chances are people are not happy yet they do not know the length of the outage, for it could be for a minute or days, yet no one shows elements of joy when it actually goes out and this is how the human pysche is wired yet there are those who pound the table in an attempt to ignore the obvious. Kicking the obvious to the curb so as to provide a home for the oblivious is beyond silly.
Old 03-03-2020, 01:27 PM   #98
BCSooners
All-American

Quote:
Agreed. When the electricity goes out chances are people are not happy yet they do not know the length of the outage, for it could be for a minute or days, yet no one shows elements of joy when it actually goes out and this is how the human pysche is wired yet there are those who pound the table in an attempt to ignore the obvious. Kicking the obvious to the curb so as to provide a home for the oblivious is beyond silly.
Power goes out a lot for some people.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #99
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Power goes out a lot for some people.
Make nice.

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 03-03-2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:03 PM   #100
skyvue
Final Four

It seems an apt time to bump this thread up.