ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > NBA Hoops Talk Board

Old 06-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #1
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Default Report: Paul George tells Oklahoma City Thunder he will opt out of contract

Quote:
If George wanted to return to the Thunder, there are two ways he could do so. The first is to sign a five-year, $176 million max contract with OKC.

The other option, which leaves George with more control, is to sign a “one-plus-one” contract that would give him the option to enter free agency following the 2019 season.
Link
Old 06-28-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
WTSooner
National Champion

Default Re: Report: Paul George tells Oklahoma City Thunder he will opt out of cont

I don't think it's a guarantee that he leaves just yet, but if he does, how bad of shape does that leave OKC in? I guess they'd have cap room, but they aren't going to lure anybody as talented as PG. Not now, and probably not in the near future. I don't think they have any draft pick assets other than their own.
Old 07-01-2018, 05:29 PM   #3
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: Report: Paul George tells Oklahoma City Thunder he will opt out of cont

Just announced: PG 13 Is Staying in OKC, By George!!!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Quote:
Weekend winners included Paul George, Russell Westbrook, Sam Presti and Billy Donovan, and also the Oklahoma City Thunder fans who purchased 2018-19 season tickets several weeks before George shocked the NBA universe with his long-term commitment to staying in Oklahoma.

Of those 14,000 season-ticket holders, about 1,100 reside in the Tulsa area. One Tulsa fan, without knowing whether George would remain on the Thunder roster, paid $17,499 for six season tickets.

The Tulsan and other season-ticket consumers feel infinitely better about their investment than they did before a Westbrook-hosted party transpired in northern Oklahoma County on Saturday night.

Link