ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 12-15-2020, 07:24 AM   #1
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Default Yahoo!!!!

Vaccines are out! How quickly these came about was historic! A great day.
Things are moving at warp speed now even though almost all thought it couldn't be done

God bless the USA
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:56 PM   #2
Eielson
All-Conference

Default Re: Yahoo!!!!

I'm getting mine in a few days. Impressive work.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
Sooner04
All-Conference

Have you received it yet, Eielson? Any thoughts on the process? Some doctor friends of mine received theirs last week.

What a time to be alive. This is a landmark scientific feat.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #4
Eielson
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
Have you received it yet, Eielson? Any thoughts on the process? Some doctor friends of mine received theirs last week.

What a time to be alive. This is a landmark scientific feat.
Yes, I received it last week without side effects (other than being a little sore the next day at the injection site). Haven't received the second shot yet. Pretty easy process that didn't feel much different from getting a flu vaccine.

Impressed would be an understatement for how I feel about this accomplishment. With the whole world scrambling for a vaccine, record speed seemed likely, but I never thought we'd have something with this efficacy this quick. I would have been excited to see a vaccine with 10-20% efficacy at this point. Hopefully the effects last. True normalcy is a long way away (at least for me as a healthcare worker in the NE), but I'm hopeful we're turning a corner.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 06:08 PM   #5
Sooner04
All-Conference

Glad to hear it, Eielson. Looking forward to your update from Round 2. I've been having back trouble lately, and lots of the folks who are helping me have received Round 1. They're almost bursting with pride.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:25 AM   #6
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
Glad to hear it, Eielson. Looking forward to your update from Round 2. I've been having back trouble lately, and lots of the folks who are helping me have received Round 1. They're almost bursting with pride.
My wife and I completed round one yesterday in a clinical setting. The experience could not have been better. The side effects have been practically nonexistent. She had a little soreness at the injection site. I didnít even have that.

Since weíre both in that high risk group due to our age and a health issue or two in the past, we came away feeling extremely grateful as well as blessed! We still need to be cautious until our second injection kicks in around mid-February. But it sure feels good to see a way out of our self-isolation, mostly at home, since last March! This silly emoticon will give you some idea about how Iím feeling right now!!!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 10:36 AM   #7
steverocks35
Elite Eight

Awesome!

I had my initial vaccination a couple of weeks ago. My booster is due on 1/19. I did have some fatigue for a couple of days after the vaccination but it's well worth it to get some protection from this awful virus.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote