ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #1
threepointshooter
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
Default Chloe Bloom in the transfer portal

Tweeted by Raoul:

“Another Aussie in the transfer portal, per a source: Chloe Bloom (6-3 RS FR forward/center, Sydney, Australia), out of Oklahoma WBB”

https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status...234327041?s=12

Last edited by threepointshooter; 04-16-2020 at 09:37 AM.
threepointshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:09 PM   #2
soonerstar
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,786
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Williston also.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
threepointshooter
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Williston was originally committed to OSU. I believe she would’ve gotten a lot of minutes for the Cowgirls, with the unproductive Kassidy DeLapp logging so many minutes at center the past two seasons.

I don’t know where Williston will end up, but I hope she lands at a program that can and will develop and utilize her.
threepointshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:40 PM   #4
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,684
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

I hope SC goes after another 5'3" slow guard
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 04:55 PM   #5
threepointshooter
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 140
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I hope SC goes after another 5'3" slow guard
I hope it’s a 5’3” slow center.
threepointshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #6
sooner8693
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 364
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

With Bloom and Willitson leaving, it makes me wonder why they were ever recruited in the first place. Seems obvious they were never goning to see the floor or very little at most. IMO, SC is taking whatever she can get and is easiest and most convenient. Whatever requires the least work.
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:50 PM   #7
Soonerbay
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 975
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8693 View Post
With Bloom and Willitson leaving, it makes me wonder why they were ever recruited in the first place. Seems obvious they were never goning to see the floor or very little at most. IMO, SC is taking whatever she can get and is easiest and most convenient. Whatever requires the least work.
Bingo! The least amount of recruiting work and complete compliance with her image guidelines that include eye makeup during games! JK...kinda!
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #8
Soonercuda
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,818
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Williston transfer to South Dakota. A very good mid major team.
Soonercuda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 04:15 PM   #9
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 703
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerbay View Post
Bingo! The least amount of recruiting work and complete compliance with her image guidelines that include eye makeup during games! JK...kinda!


I think she's incredibly lazy and doesn't want to put forth any effort in recruiting. And she does not have the luxury of being picky when it comes to selecting players yet it appears she is. I hope she's gone after this contract extension expires, otherwise our program will sink even lower than it already has. her only saving grace is that we've been lucky in the past and had some great high school players not want to leave home and commit to OU.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:45 PM   #10
Soonerbay
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 975
Default Re: Chloe Bloom transferring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I think she's incredibly lazy and doesn't want to put forth any effort in recruiting. And she does not have the luxury of being picky when it comes to selecting players yet it appears she is. I hope she's gone after this contract extension expires, otherwise our program will sink even lower than it already has. her only saving grace is that we've been lucky in the past and had some great high school players not want to leave home and commit to OU.
Unfortunately, you are right. She stated in an article/interview that she does not like to recruit. I wonder if JC knew that when he hired her or did she state the glowing lies about her love for getting out to see players in numerous gyms across America the entire month of July? How do you expect to be successful as a HC and not like recruiting? That's like saying I like to eat but I don't want to go get any food. You've got to take the bitter with the sweet because you know it means success in the long run. Maybe she sits back and and expects the assistants to do all the work and then she gives the final stamp of approval. Players and their parents (who know anything about recruiting) expect to hear from the HEAD COACH early and often (as permitted). When they are busting their butts the month of July, they want to see HEAD COACHES in the stands...especially top 25 players. Then the HC needs to plan a visit to their high school as early as possible and act like they are interested.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com