ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2020, 09:02 AM   #1
rickjames
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norman
Posts: 333
Default Why does SC still have a job?

Especially after Texas fired their HC - their AD is hungry and hired a top 3 coach in the country to replace an already proven winner. This doesn't make any sense at all. Anybody in the know? Is Joe C. satisfied with where the program is? Lazy? Doesn't care much about the program?
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:06 PM   #2
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,685
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

All the above and maybe they getting little low on $$$
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 01:32 PM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16
 
Oliver Hardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,692
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

If they are getting low on cash, then they should fire Sherri and save some of huge contract cash.

There's plenty of cash to hire a great coach and there would soon be even more if we had someone who was putting out a product that filled the Lloyd Noble seats like Sherri and her teams used to do.

OU's one and only problem -- and it's the biggest one a program could have -- is their lazy, overpaid, stubborn head coach who think she's the only one who is right.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
sooner8693
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 364
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
If they are getting low on cash, then they should fire Sherri and save some of huge contract cash.

There's plenty of cash to hire a great coach and there would soon be even more if we had someone who was putting out a product that filled the Lloyd Noble seats like Sherri and her teams used to do.

OU's one and only problem -- and it's the biggest one a program could have -- is their lazy, overpaid, stubborn head coach who think she's the only one who is right.
Amen!
sooner8693 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:31 PM   #5
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,685
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

She still has like 75 years left on her contract?
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:32 PM   #6
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 893
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

She has a bunch of OU big athletic donors that are protecting her. If OU fires her then they probably lose more in donations than her salary.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:01 PM   #7
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,567
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
She has a bunch of OU big athletic donors that are protecting her. If OU fires her then they probably lose more in donations than her salary.
No doubt the total AD financial package is the major factor and donor thoughts are considered. Potential revenue/donor loss over the next 12 months could approach $75 million. Also 501 wins and 19 NCAA appearance in 24 seasons.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 04-14-2020 at 05:07 PM.
SoonerSpock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:41 AM   #8
Soonerbay
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 975
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
No doubt the total AD financial package is the major factor and donor thoughts are considered. Potential revenue/donor loss over the next 12 months could approach $75 million. Also 501 wins and 19 NCAA appearance in 24 seasons.
Career wins typically play a small role in whether or not a coach continues, especially for programs that have made it to FF's; men and women! Once they start to slide...and SC has slid all the way...they are replaced. Her contract should have never been extended. If Indiana could get rid of BKnight, SC should not have teflon coating. But I suppose this is what happens when you've got a few donors on your side, you miraculously get in the women's HOF and go to a few FF's...you sit on your laurels, act like you're Geno and no longer have camps, refuse to recruit players that will help to win, hire your child and FIRE two coaches that have more experience. But hey...it's clearly what works for OU!
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 05:34 PM   #9
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,567
Default Re: Why does SC still have a job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerbay View Post
Career wins typically play a small role in whether or not a coach continues, especially for programs that have made it to FF's; men and women! Once they start to slide...and SC has slid all the way...they are replaced. Her contract should have never been extended. If Indiana could get rid of BKnight, SC should not have teflon coating. But I suppose this is what happens when you've got a few donors on your side, you miraculously get in the women's HOF and go to a few FF's...you sit on your laurels, act like you're Geno and no longer have camps, refuse to recruit players that will help to win, hire your child and FIRE two coaches that have more experience. But hey...it's clearly what works for OU!
For certain I was not justifying Sherri keeping her job only reasons why she probably was not fired.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com