ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 05-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #2126
womenssports
Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: Softball

I turned off espn3 after Tulsa went up 4-2 in the 10th. Had I been at the game, no matter how I felt, I would have stayed to support the players (both teams) but, of course, OU. I am feeling confident about tomorrow. OU is no longer playing from behind. I believe Paige starts. Her defense did not help her and that might have affected her too. We made costly mistakes that weren't just being aggressive. Most critical to me was Rogers running on Pendley's fly out because that seemed like a mental error. Still, players make mistakes and not down on her, just wish it hadn't happened. I still a good chance of being in the WCWS. Nice to have Pendley hitting so well right now.
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:07 PM   #2127
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,476
Default

Those who count this team out before the last out is made don't know these Sooners. These girls don't know the meaning of the word quit.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:14 PM   #2128
BlackwellSooner
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
I have to get out of Firefox or it buffers.
Thanks for the suggestion, Syb! After about 4 innings of frequent buffering using Firefox, I shut it down and opened IE, went to ESPN3.com, and I had ZERO problems the rest of the way with buffering! All I can think of is that Firefox uses too many resources and causes the buffering problems.

I still like Firefox as my main browser, but I'll use IE from now on in conjunction with ESPN3!

How about that great finish in the 10th??? Great to get the win, but Sooner ladies are still making WAY too many errors! Lucky to survive, until the 7th game, IMO.
BlackwellSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #2129
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,476
Default

I really expect Parker to start tomorrow. Lowary was great today but she threw a bunch of pitches. Lopez could be a surprise starter, but whoever Patty decides to pitch will be on a short leash. It's all hands on deck.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:16 PM   #2130
sybarite
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 15,546
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwellSooner View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, Syb! After about 4 innings of frequent buffering using Firefox, I shut it down and opened IE, went to ESPN3.com, and I had ZERO problems the rest of the way with buffering! All I can think of is that Firefox uses too many resources and causes the buffering problems.

I still like Firefox as my main browser, but I'll use IE from now on in conjunction with ESPN3!

How about that great finish in the 10th??? Great to get the win, but Sooner ladies are still making WAY too many errors! Lucky to survive, until the 7th game, IMO.
Exactly what I do.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:17 PM   #2131
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
I really expect Parker to start tomorrow. Lowary was great today but she threw a bunch of pitches. Lopez could be a surprise starter, but whoever Patty decides to pitch will be on a short leash. It's all hands on deck.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #2132
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,390
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMont View Post
Sooner magic is alive and well you guys!!!!!!!!!!!
Amen to that!

I was supposed to go to dinner with a friend. When the game went to extra innings, I called her and told her we needed to push it back about 45 minutes.

When Tulsa scored to make it 4-2, I called her said I'd meet her and I'd leave in about 5 minutes.

I was late!

__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!

Last edited by MsProudSooner; 05-21-2017 at 08:37 PM.
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:46 PM   #2133
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,390
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwellSooner View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, Syb! After about 4 innings of frequent buffering using Firefox, I shut it down and opened IE, went to ESPN3.com, and I had ZERO problems the rest of the way with buffering! All I can think of is that Firefox uses too many resources and causes the buffering problems.

I still like Firefox as my main browser, but I'll use IE from now on in conjunction with ESPN3!

How about that great finish in the 10th??? Great to get the win, but Sooner ladies are still making WAY too many errors! Lucky to survive, until the 7th game, IMO.
I use Chrome for my browser. It buffered once for about 2 seconds but that was it.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:56 PM   #2134
bob the nailer
Walk-on
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmond
Posts: 216
Default Re: Softball

I was at the game I didn't think the rogers deal was all that big of a deal, it looked worse because she thought there were two outs and didn't really try to get back but if she just takes her normal lead with the pitch she's out anyway trying to get back
The play that mystified me was wodach throwing it over page's head and into cf where was the backup- I think she threw it from her knees did they not have time to get there? They don't score except for that I don't think
And speaking of wodach good thing the game ended when it did she was worn slick, catching what 17 innings on a warm day. She was a warrior except for that one play. Wish I knew where her hitting had gone. Never a great hitter but better last year than this.
bob the nailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:59 PM   #2135
bob the nailer
Walk-on
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmond
Posts: 216
Default Re: Softball

I would hope we have a mental edge going into tomorrow since we took as it were their "best shot" and still won, and put 10 innings into their best pitchers arm. We will be visiting team tomorrow hope we come out and put a 4 spot on them like we did NDSU. And mr ncaa the working people of the world who cannot attend a noon game thank you for that bit of scheduling.
bob the nailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #2136
womenssports
Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Those who count this team out before the last out is made don't know these Sooners. These girls don't know the meaning of the word quit.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrybe View Post
Those who count this team out before the last out is made don't know these Sooners. These girls don't know the meaning of the word quit.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
EDIT: Not to say that your post was directed at me specifically, but just responded because it was right under my post about turning off the game after the top of the 10th. Did not take personally and not saying you are not correct, just talking about how I felt watching the game from home.

I know but my gut was telling me it was over after watching the game. I was not discrediting the team in anyway. Plus, my turning it off did not affect the outcome. Also, it did not mean I did not go to the stats after a bit to see who had won or if the game was still going. The thing is they shot themselves in the foot a few times, they had come back and then blew it, then to have Tulsa to up 4-2 in the top of the 10th, well, I was disappointed and did not want to watch. I was going with the odds of how they were playing today, which was uncharacteristically erratic. ANYWAY, am not worried about tomorrow's game. Believe they have their confidence back and also won't make the errors they made today.

An aside, believe Page P. can start and have some good innings. The team needs for her to do so.

Last edited by womenssports; 05-21-2017 at 08:57 PM.
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:25 PM   #2137
womenssports
Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the nailer View Post
I was at the game I didn't think the rogers deal was all that big of a deal, it looked worse because she thought there were two outs and didn't really try to get back but if she just takes her normal lead with the pitch she's out anyway trying to get back
The play that mystified me was wodach throwing it over page's head and into cf where was the backup- I think she threw it from her knees did they not have time to get there? They don't score except for that I don't think
And speaking of wodach good thing the game ended when it did she was worn slick, catching what 17 innings on a warm day. She was a warrior except for that one play. Wish I knew where her hitting had gone. Never a great hitter but better last year than this.
You may be right, I do not know but she SHOULD know the outs. Plus, if she was actually trying to get back it puts pressure on the defense and they may have made a mistake.

As for Wodach's throw, that was just careless and can only be blamed on her. Why should there be anyone backing up a regular throw from catcher to pitcher? Not saying you shouldn't be on at all times, but is that a normal thing for players to be looking to back-up a throw from the catcher to the pitcher that is not part of any ongoing run situation? Action had stopped until that throw.

And, no one plays perfectly so not knocking anyone for their game. But for, some of the plays made by the people who made errors, we wouldn't have been in the game. Was just talking about what had happened that was not normal and that could have cost them the game. I really enjoy this team, how they play, and their attitudes.
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:30 PM   #2138
cjhsooner
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 479
Default Re: Softball

You know what a lucky win look like in the record books? A win is a win.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 09:25 PM   #2139
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,849
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the nailer View Post
I was at the game I didn't think the rogers deal was all that big of a deal, it looked worse because she thought there were two outs and didn't really try to get back but if she just takes her normal lead with the pitch she's out anyway trying to get back
The play that mystified me was wodach throwing it over page's head and into cf where was the backup- I think she threw it from her knees did they not have time to get there? They don't score except for that I don't think
And speaking of wodach good thing the game ended when it did she was worn slick, catching what 17 innings on a warm day. She was a warrior except for that one play. Wish I knew where her hitting had gone. Never a great hitter but better last year than this.
Wodach was a very good hitter when she was in the outfield before Montgomery left and she had to move to catcher. Playing catcher is tough and her hitting a really fallen off. She did hit .297 as a freshman and .315 last year. She has been sub .200 virtually all season this year.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:35 AM   #2140
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,849
Default Re: Softball

OU vs Tulsa 12:00 pm Monday on ESPNU. LSU vs Louisiana at 2:00 pm on ESPN3.

OU is the higher seed and appropriately not on ESPN3 like the SEC school in Baton Rouge.


https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/201...chedule-sunday
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:50 AM   #2141
bob the nailer
Walk-on
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Edmond
Posts: 216
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by womenssports View Post
You may be right, I do not know but she SHOULD know the outs. Plus, if she was actually trying to get back it puts pressure on the defense and they may have made a mistake.

As for Wodach's throw, that was just careless and can only be blamed on her. Why should there be anyone backing up a regular throw from catcher to pitcher? Not saying you shouldn't be on at all times, but is that a normal thing for players to be looking to back-up a throw from the catcher to the pitcher that is not part of any ongoing run situation? Action had stopped until that throw.

And, no one plays perfectly so not knocking anyone for their game. But for, some of the plays made by the people who made errors, we wouldn't have been in the game. Was just talking about what had happened that was not normal and that could have cost them the game. I really enjoy this team, how they play, and their attitudes.
They always always both arnold and clifton if there is a runner on base run over to second as wodach throws back to the P. Not sure what happened this time I haven't seen film, either they didn't come over or she threw it back so quickly they didn't have time.
bob the nailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:14 AM   #2142
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16
 
Oliver Hardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,781
Default Re: Softball

I love the fight and never-quit strength and ability of this team.

I don't know whether it's the coaching staff or the players, but it is truly amazing

The job Gasso, her staff and players are doing is shining example of what college athletics can be and the good it can do.

Frankly, I wish we could bottle this and make Sherri, her staff and her players drink a big dose every day. They give up more than any OU team I've every seen.
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 10:29 AM   #2143
SoonerTraveler
Final Four
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: Softball

Monday; May 22, 2017

Thru 3 innings, Paige Parker Has thrown a lot of pitches (64) and the Sooners lead with a lead-off HR by Nicole Mendes. That is the only OU hit through 3 innings.

Thru 3 innings, PP has:
> Given up 4 hits
> 6 Strike Outs
> 0 Walks given up
> 0 Runs given up

Last edited by SoonerTraveler; 05-22-2017 at 12:03 PM.
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 12:57 PM   #2144
SoonerTraveler
Final Four
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: Softball

Paige Parker thru 6 Innings
> 8 Hits Allowed
> 6 Strike Outs
> 0 Walks
> 0 Runs

Good job Paige! One inning to go as the Sooners lead 3-0 as the 7th inning begins.
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:09 PM   #2145
SoonerTraveler
Final Four
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,633
Default Re: Softball

Sooners win 3-0 and advance to the Auburn super-regional!

Paige Parker pitches a complete game SHUT-OUT (throwing 132 pitches)!

Sooners fight thru and win 4 straight games, battling back thru the losers bracket, beating Arkansas, NDSU and Tulsa (twice).
SoonerTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:12 PM   #2146
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,390
Default Re: Softball

They are happy but not surprised. The train is back on the tracks!

I had to watch without sound yesterday and today. Did the Texas-ex swallow her microphone after yesterday?
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:42 PM   #2147
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,837
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerTraveler View Post
Sooners win 3-0 and advance to the Auburn super-regional!

Paige Parker pitches a complete game SHUT-OUT (throwing 132 pitches)!

Sooners fight thru and win 4 straight games, battling back thru the losers bracket, beating Arkansas, NDSU and Tulsa (twice).
Awesome! I wasn't able to watch or listen to the game.

Fight back and win when you're down is what great teams do. And, make no mistake, despite the NCAA slight and the first round loss, this IS a great team. I think everyone will see that from this point forward.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:50 PM   #2148
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,419
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
I had to watch without sound yesterday and today. Did the Texas-ex swallow her microphone after yesterday?
Good grief, she is terrible. And the guy she was working with is not much better.

Today, down 3-0, Tulsa led off with a single (in the sixth, I think), and the play-by-play guy got terribly excited, "Here comes the Golden Hurricane!"

How about we let them put two hits together before you get too excited, bub? I know it's the announcers' job to create some interest, some drama, but sheesh.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #2149
BlackwellSooner
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,450
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
They are happy but not surprised. The train is back on the tracks!

I had to watch without sound yesterday and today. Did the Texas-ex swallow her microphone after yesterday?
Oh, she said a lot of nice things about OU, and all that, but I just imagine that she probably had to grit her teeth while doing so.

Her nasal speech, however, nearly drove me nuts! Like nails on a chalkboard...

Until we got the 3-0 lead in the 6th inning, I couldn't feel too comfortable that we'd win it, considering that Parker, despite her 10 Ks, was not able to retire the side against Tulsa all day long. Not a single 1-2-3 inning, and several of the Tulsa innings, they had 2 hits, and a baserunner EVERY inning.

So, you could assert that Paige was dominant, but Tulsa, to their credit, kept hanging in there. Credit to the Golden Hurricanes.
BlackwellSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #2150
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackwellSooner View Post
Oh, she said a lot of nice things about OU, and all that, but I just imagine that she probably had to grit her teeth while doing so.

Her nasal speech, however, nearly drove me nuts! Like nails on a chalkboard...

Until we got the 3-0 lead in the 6th inning, I couldn't feel too comfortable that we'd win it, considering that Parker, despite her 10 Ks, was not able to retire the side against Tulsa all day long. Not a single 1-2-3 inning, and several of the Tulsa innings, they had 2 hits, and a baserunner EVERY inning.

So, you could assert that Paige was dominant, but Tulsa, to their credit, kept hanging in there. Credit to the Golden Hurricanes.
That was a gritty and determined performance by Paige today, Blackwell. It seemed as though her velocity was down, but she had great spin and stayed ahead in the count for most of the game. Paige depended on her change-up a lot today. I remember on one three-pitch strkeout, her pitches were clocked at 56, 50 and 49 mph. Several of Tulsa's hits were flairs.
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com