ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 PM   #26
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: Your Prediction: Remaining Non-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
It means every bit as much as Oregon losing on a half-court buzzer beater the other night. If we're going to let our previous opponents' losses detract from our wins, then our previous opponents' impressive wins should darned well mean something, too.
I wasn't aware that I ever referenced Oregon's loss, let alone suggested that it diminished our win. My personal feeling is that drawing conclusions based on any one game among the thousands played each season is ridiculous. Which is why I simply said the Ball State result was interesting, no more, no less. Other members of the board may disagree, which is fine.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:36 PM   #27
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I wasn't aware that I ever referenced Oregon's loss, let alone suggested that it diminished our win. My personal feeling is that drawing conclusions based on any one game among the thousands played each season is ridiculous. Which is why I simply said the Ball State result was interesting, no more, no less. Other members of the board may disagree, which is fine.
I wasn't saying you did; another poster did in another thread (and I think there's an inclination among certain of our fans -- on the football side, too -- to cite those things that make us look bad and ignore those that might reflect positively on us).
Old 12-05-2017, 11:40 PM   #28
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
... there's an inclination among certain of our fans -- on the football side, too -- to cite those things that make us look bad and ignore those that might reflect positively ...
I've never understood that. It's a game and it's supposed to entertain. So why bother watching at all if it does nothing but make you (them) mad? We're not like the old sad sack Cubbies or the tribe where the misery just loved company. perplexing.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:07 AM   #29
stormspencer
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
The Sunshine Pumping Illuminati is telling YOU that YOU need to be happier about sub-standard defense.
Some pumpers are fine on here.....however, other pumpers seem extremely defensive (borderline insulted) if you point out shortcomings and/or areas we want to improve.

Having said that, there are also a couple of posters who can't wait for something to go wrong too.

Our defense definitely needs to get better. I hope the communication and energy level improves significantly against USC on Friday (as compared to our last two games). And yes, at the pace we play, we are naturally going to give up more points based upon more possessions. This team's success will likely depend on beating teams 90-80 instead of 70-60.....we are a poor man's North Carolina. It's something we are all going to have to get used to. But as long as we win against some quality teams, I can likely get on board with any style.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:07 AM   #30
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Get with the times, More possessions = More points given up.

No one is saying we are going to win the Natty...

Are we going to struggle at times, yes...

Are we where we need to be... No

Its a work in progress.

Scoring 94.0 a game...

giving up 78.4

yup...

curious how the D during Billy Ball...WHICH I LOVED!!!
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #31
Soonerinkc
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
Some pumpers are fine on here.....however, other pumpers seem extremely defensive (borderline insulted) if you point out shortcomings and/or areas we want to improve.

Having said that, there are also a couple of posters who can't wait for something to go wrong too.

Our defense definitely needs to get better. I hope the communication and energy level improves significantly against USC on Friday (as compared to our last two games). And yes, at the pace we play, we are naturally going to give up more points based upon more possessions. This team's success will likely depend on beating teams 90-80 instead of 70-60.....we are a poor man's North Carolina. It's something we are all going to have to get used to. But as long as we win against some quality teams, I can likely get on board with any style.

Definitely D needs to improve to play against the top 10 teams...but we were 11/20 (?) last year...hell, I'll take 100-99 win 7 days a week...at this point.

It's like the football team..pretty sure if we beat the bulldogs 55/35 we'll be happy...yeah D isn't great but good enough to win.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote