ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 05-19-2019, 05:49 AM   #1
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Default Bryce Thompson highlights

Check out @B3thompson__ís Tweet: https://twitter.com/B3thompson__/sta...008574977?s=09

He's not bad.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #2
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Default Re: Bryce Thompson highlights

He gone.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:07 AM   #3
Soonerinkc
All-American

duke, msu, unc, ku...pretty tough competition....

We did pull TY in..but man, not sure I'd want that again...hindsight.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #4
mict085
Role Player

He was a longshot with crutch. Now, thereís no way heís coming here.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:32 PM   #5
cvangild
Role Player

Wow!! Some of you definitely look at things from the glass half empty perspective.

He just visited OU a week ago, and even got a couple of crystal balls to OU (I realize those are just guesses, but they are directionally correct a lot of times). Not everyone follows the masses and simply goes to the blue bloods just because they offer. He has a great relationship with LK, and LK is still there and so is his offensive system, which is perfect for Bryce.

Losing Crutch certainly hurts, but I don't think he is the type of kid to only pick a school based on his relationship to the asst coaches. Not with ROd being his dad..he realizes coaches can come and go at any point in time. If LK brought in someone like a Pooh Williamson (who Rod is very familiar with) or whoever...BT might clck with him from day one.

AND, LK has been very involved in the recruiting of Bryce!!! Not saying we lead..but I will go with higher than "no way".
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:52 PM   #6
SoonerTraveler
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvangild View Post
Wow!! Some of you definitely look at things from the glass half empty perspective.

He just visited OU a week ago, and even got a couple of crystal balls to OU (I realize those are just guesses, but they are directionally correct a lot of times). Not everyone follows the masses and simply goes to the blue bloods just because they offer. He has a great relationship with LK, and LK is still there and so is his offensive system, which is perfect for Bryce.

Losing Crutch certainly hurts, but I don't think he is the type of kid to only pick a school based on his relationship to the asst coaches. Not with ROd being his dad..he realizes coaches can come and go at any point in time. If LK brought in someone like a Pooh Williamson (who Rod is very familiar with) or whoever...BT might clck with him from day one.

AND, LK has been very involved in the recruiting of Bryce!!! Not saying we lead..but I will go with higher than "no way".
Thank you. A voice of reason. Recruiting is a team effort of all the coaches. I do not see why we should assume the worst when an assistant coach enters the transfer portal, so to speak.

Also, each basketball recruiting class includes a small number of players. I cannot imagine the head coach not being heavily involved with each commit.

Right now, the 2020 class looks quite small, with only one senior on the roster, and only one other open scholarship. Of course, there are always transfers.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:10 PM   #7
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvangild View Post

No CBs since Crutch left OU. So therefore, all the ones beforehand are outdated.
cjhsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:16 PM   #8
CoachTalk
Final Four

You guys are just guessing.

Give it time.

Several good Asst in the mix for his spot.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote