ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 04-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #26
Eielson
Starter

Default Re: Bob Huggins lands #1 juco player in Texas... No OU interest

tl;dr: ABD loves JUCOs and hates Reaves.

We've seen this thread before. Many times.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #27
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player

Here we go...

It's gonna be 1 JUCO thread after another for 4 months.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 PM   #28
colston15
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
If he ends up being half the player Torres was at WSU last season . . . well, that would mean he would shoot 5% from three, so we really would be missing out.
I laughed.
colston15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 PM   #29
Eielson
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Gar Heard View Post
Here we go...

It's gonna be 1 JUCO thread after another for 4 months.
Only 4 months? Wishful thinking?
Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 PM   #30
AdaSooner
Administrator

You guys don’t get it. Thebigabd started this thread at 10:54 this morning. It’s already on the second page—and that is on a slow day in the off season.

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but it’s hard to deny his ability to generate discussion or to defend his position on topics like juco recruits.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:38 PM   #31
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
You guys donít get it. Thebigabd started this thread at 10:54 this morning. Itís already on the second pageóand that is on a slow day in the off season.

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but itís hard to deny his ability to generate discussion or to defend his position on topics like juco recruits.
Thatís a fact!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:28 PM   #32
Ghost of Gar Heard
Role Player

Quote:
You guys don’t get it. Thebigabd started this thread at 10:54 this morning. It’s already on the second page—and that is on a slow day in the off season.

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but it’s hard to deny his ability to generate discussion or to defend his position on topics like juco recruits.
No, we get it. He's just another guy trying to monopolize the board by bad-mouthing Kruger, the coaches, and the recruits and he does it by pumping up the guys that he likes. I guess it generates traffic but it's not supportive of OU and it's not all that well-informed either, as evidenced by his relentless denigrating of Austin Reaves. I guess the traffic is more important than the lack of support for OU basketball.

Last edited by Ghost of Gar Heard; 04-18-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Ghost of Gar Heard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:56 PM   #33
skyvue
Elite Eight

Quote:

You may not like some of the threads he creates, but it’s hard to deny his ability to generate discussion
Ada, my friend, you neglected to mention that 95% of the posts on those two pages of responses were calling him out on his unfounded attack on OU's recruiting practices.

There's a name for people who post just to get a reaction: trolls.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:42 PM   #34
hoopsaustin
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Gar Heard View Post
No, we get it. He's just another guy trying to monopolize the board by bad-mouthing Kruger, the coaches, and the recruits and he does it by pumping up the guys that he likes. I guess it generates traffic but it's not supportive of OU and it's not all that well-informed either, as evidenced by his relentless denigrating of Austin Reaves. I guess the traffic is more important than the lack of support for OU basketball.
You and 2 other posters whining after ever single post is just as annoying..

Manic Manek
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:50 AM   #35
WTSooner
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Give me a break. That is not what big is doing at all.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:57 AM   #36
vbdad
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Bienemy and Williams being the non-point guards in the starting rotation.. I figured Reaves is a shooter off the bench. I didn't omit Harmon, he is starting from day one but we were talking 2 guards.
None of us no the starting lineup for next year but Reaves is likely more than a shooter off the bench. He was the best player on the team most of last year. Yes practice is different than games but the kid is as good as anybody on the roster.
vbdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:46 AM   #37
CoachTalk
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
lol
Old 04-19-2019, 07:35 AM   #38
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
This.

I have said this before, and I will it again. Start a thread talking about how great Austin Reaves is gonna be if thats what you want to talk about. Start a thread about how much you love Kruger, etc. That is your right.

If you don't like threads I create, or don't want to discuss the nitty gritty with us, start a different thread and discuss those things in there. Hell, I will probably join you.

The current thread on Reaves has 4 replies, and it is discussing his shooting ability and how he scored 73 points in a game. I even posted in it. 4 replies. Nobody cares. The thread about Harmon at the Nike Summit has 8 replies.

I start threads that are topics of discussion. The reason nobody cares about the stuff you guys apparently want to talk about is because there is nothing to discuss.

Skyvue has started 122 threads in his time here (which is fine)... Gar Heard has started 2 threads.. Yet, Gar Heard probably spends half his time *****ing about what other people are discussing on a message board.

Hoopsaustin and I probably agree with each other about 50% of the time (not sure if he will agree with that, it could go either way)... but he gets in there and discusses it... and to conclude his sentiment, the sunshine cartel is annoying.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:54 AM   #39
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Ada, my friend, you neglected to mention that 95% of the posts on those two pages of responses were calling him out on his unfounded attack on OU's recruiting practices.

Sky, my friend, with all due respect to you and a few others who donít agree with Thebigabd, he does not fit my definition of a troll.

Believe it or not, heís an OU fan who, like you, believes heís right about the topics he defends. Nothing wrong with that, except there are a few here who are just as committed to an opposing view. Nothing wrong with that either. Healthy debates and sometimes agreeing to disagree are the lifeblood of a fan board. If everyone agreed on every topic, this would be a dull place.

Ask yourself this question: Why do most of the threads bigabd starts stay on the front page for sometime, often developing into multiple pages? I think itís because heís good at coming up with interesting topics that are usually controversial. Heís also good at keeping his threads alive by defending his position.

Iím horrible at starting threads. Most of the threads I start are boring. They get plenty of views but very few responses. Starting threads is a gift. Thebigabd has it. So do you. I urge you to start more threads and steal his thunder. Trust me, he does not have a thread starting monopoly on this board.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:55 AM   #40
CoachTalk
Final Four

i deleted... not worth it.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:47 AM   #41
TINY
All-Conference

ABD is a good poster. He has his opinions and you have yours. I donít typically agree with his opinions but who cares?
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:22 PM   #42
Eielson
Starter

I don't have a problem with differing opinions, but some opinions only need to be said 100 times.
Old 04-21-2019, 01:33 PM   #43
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player

Quote:
Sky, my friend, with all due respect to you and a few others who donít agree with Thebigabd, he does not fit my definition of a troll.

Believe it or not, heís an OU fan who, like you, believes heís right about the topics he defends. Nothing wrong with that, except there are a few here who are just as committed to an opposing view. Nothing wrong with that either. Healthy debates and sometimes agreeing to disagree are the lifeblood of a fan board. If everyone agreed on every topic, this would be a dull place.

Ask yourself this question: Why do most of the threads bigabd starts stay on the front page for sometime, often developing into multiple pages? I think itís because heís good at coming up with interesting topics that are usually controversial. Heís also good at keeping his threads alive by defending his position.

Iím horrible at starting threads. Most of the threads I start are boring. They get plenty of views but very few responses. Starting threads is a gift. Thebigabd has it. So do you. I urge you to start more threads and steal his thunder. Trust me, he does not have a thread starting monopoly on this board.

Heís also very knowledgeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:13 AM   #44
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I don't have a problem with differing opinions, but some opinions only need to be said 100 times.
Recruiting is kind of an on-going issue, which is why it keeps coming up. If the topic was, "why didn't Kruger call a timeout against Baylor with 15 seconds left" in a particular game, sure, that is beating a dead horse. Recruiting is happening every year, every month, etc.