ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 07-30-2020, 09:39 AM   #1
TINY
All-Conference

Default Doolittle Interview

Sooner Bred podcast has a great interview with Doolittle. What an impressive young man he is and a tremendous Sooner! Just search Sooner bred on any podcast platform and it should come up.

He had some decent nuggets on the team and coaches. Also spoke how he is the only Sooner in a family of pokes. Absolute class act Gentleman!
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #2
cowboysooner
Starter

Default Re: Doolittle Interview

Tiny

Summarize some of the nuggets for us. Thanks. BTW, I agree that the kid is a class act.
cowboysooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
Stikboy
All-Conference

I listened to it. The host asked a couple of questions I thought were interesting. First, what bigs Doolittle thought would come on. He mentioned Jalen Hill first. He mentioned that Hill has the same skillset as himself, just more raw. Makes me wonder if it's possible that Hill could be the guy that they plug in as the starter alongside Manek, instead of Kur. He also mentioned Victor. Didn't say anything about Kur or Rick unfortunately. He then asked about the guards, and he brought up Alondes. Said he might explode now that Doolittle is gone and there's more room for scoring. Can't remember which question it was, but he brought up Anyang. Said he thinks he may be like 6-11 now. Said he was 6-9 last year but has grown. Had lots of good things to say about the coaches. Thought it was interesting that his favorite memory was the UNT game where he went off. Out of all the other big time games he'd played in. Anyway, he was a really good interview.
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
skyvue
Final Four

Is Doo going to be playing overseas?
Old 07-31-2020, 05:35 PM   #5
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Is Doo going to be playing overseas?
Some projections still have him as a possible second round pick, but I’d put my money on overseas or the G League, at least to begin his career. He did get invited to the combine, which is obviously a good sign.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 06:39 PM   #6
skyvue
Final Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
Some projections still have him as a possible second round pick, but I’d put my money on overseas or the G League, at least to begin his career. He did get invited to the combine, which is obviously a good sign.
Good to know, thanks. I hadn't heard any of that.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 AM   #7
Eielson
All-Conference

I'd love Doolittle to get a shot at the NBA, but unfortunately I don't think he is explosive enough as an athlete. He had some great games against players that were bigger or more explosive, but really struggled against those that were both (like Diakite). Unfortunately in the NBA, he'd have those matchups every single game.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:19 AM   #8
tmeyer3307
Role Player

Hill at the 4 and Manek at the 5 is such a small line up though.. I could see it for a few mins at a time maybe. Good info, will miss Doo for sure!!!
tmeyer3307 is offline   Reply With Quote