ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #1
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,512
Default Other Big XII Games December 5

Tulsa beat OSU 74 - 71

VCU beat Texas 54 - 53

TT beat Arkansas Pine Bluff 65 - 47
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,233
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

horns have a bad week or so.

fball...enough said
bball loses 2 (I thought they were ranked..maybe that was wbball)

The world is right~
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #3
stormspencer
All-American
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 3,181
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Texas is an enigma. They look like a very capable team when they beat North Carolina and then fought Michigan State to the final minute. Yet they lose to albeit decent teams at home (Radford and VCU) and look bad doing it. And their offense looks putrid once again this year.

OSU and Baylor just aren't very good teams right now....and you could probably add West Virginia to that mix as well. TCU looks to be starting to figure things out, but they've struggled early as well.

IMO, OU is better than all 5 teams I've listed above as of now.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #4
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,233
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

yeah man, wv was NOT wv of old...watched a little after our game.

Did they end up winning? I wanted to see how they did against uf since we played them but crashed after half.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:20 AM   #5
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,558
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
Texas is an enigma. They look like a very capable team when they beat North Carolina and then fought Michigan State to the final minute. Yet they lose to albeit decent teams at home (Radford and VCU) and look bad doing it. And their offense looks putrid once again this year.

OSU and Baylor just aren't very good teams right now....and you could probably add West Virginia to that mix as well. TCU looks to be starting to figure things out, but they've struggled early as well.

IMO, OU is better than all 5 teams I've listed above as of now.
Is Texas the enigma or is it their coach? Shaka is a great recruiter. Does his ability to coach up the talent he signs match his recruiting? I think the jury is still out on that question.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
stormspencer
All-American
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 3,181
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
yeah man, wv was NOT wv of old...watched a little after our game.

Did they end up winning? I wanted to see how they did against uf since we played them but crashed after half.
WV lost by double digits. Both teams shot very poorly. WV doesn't seem to press near as much this year as previous years. And they miss Jevon Carter more than you can imagine.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #7
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,233
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
WV lost by double digits. Both teams shot very poorly. WV doesn't seem to press near as much this year as previous years. And they miss Jevon Carter more than you can imagine.
yup, that's what I noticed...and the turn the ball over a ton.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 04:20 PM   #8
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 9,512
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
WV lost by double digits. Both teams shot very poorly. WV doesn't seem to press near as much this year as previous years. And they miss Jevon Carter more than you can imagine.
I watched the early part of that game. Huggins was quoted as saying that this team isn't athletic enough to be 'Press Virginia'.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:17 PM   #9
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player
 
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 733
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormspencer View Post
WV lost by double digits. Both teams shot very poorly. WV doesn't seem to press near as much this year as previous years. And they miss Jevon Carter more than you can imagine.


They couldn’t get a 10th year of eligibility for him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:11 AM   #10
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,233
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post
They couldn’t get a 10th year of eligibility for him?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol...nice one.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #11
coolm
National Champion
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 7,418
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
I watched the early part of that game. Huggins was quoted as saying that this team isn't athletic enough to be 'Press Virginia'.
especially now that Jevon filed for his social security.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:01 PM   #12
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,484
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

OU can fight for 3rd place in the conference this year. That is beyond any of our wildest expectations preseason.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #13
Soonerinkc
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,233
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
OU can fight for 3rd place in the conference this year. That is beyond any of our wildest expectations preseason.
that'll be tough...ku/ksu/tt all ranked for a reason.

Heck we come in 4th that will be more than I expected. I honestly and really trying to not get too hyped up. Just trying to enjoy.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:39 PM   #14
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 2,484
Default Re: Other Big XII Games December 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
that'll be tough...ku/ksu/tt all ranked for a reason.

Heck we come in 4th that will be more than I expected. I honestly and really trying to not get too hyped up. Just trying to enjoy.
Can doesn't mean they will.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com