ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
jaymOU
Role Player

Default Doolitte on the wing

Could OU play a "death" lineup at some point during the season with Doolittle and Manek inside - Reynolds, Bienemy and James as the guards?

You could talk me into other guards, I just don't think Doolittle fits at the wing position.

I loved Bienemy and Reynolds in the scrimmage. Reynolds was fearless going to the basket, although he did seem afraid of a jump shot or too, and Bienemy for a freshman was really poised - reminds me of a young Tim McAlister
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
inoref
All-Conference

Default Re: Doolitte on the wing

I really don't think there is much anyone can take from that game. I couldn't say they're better or worse than last year
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
I really don't think there is much anyone can take from that game. I couldn't say they're better or worse than last year
yeah, you're about to get blocked. I am tired of your negativity. c'est la vie.
coolm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:55 PM   #4
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
yeah, you're about to get blocked. I am tired of your negativity. c'est la vie.
I mean, i'm not a fan of him either but what about his post was negative?
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:56 PM   #5
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Don't get offended b/c someone says you can't get much out of an exhibition game against vastly inferior talent. And saying you can't tell if this year's team will be better or not is not negative
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
Old 11-05-2018, 04:09 PM   #6
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
I mean, i'm not a fan of him either but what about his post was negative?
Itís more about inorefís reputation, Bounce. Take a few minutes and check out his posting profile. Positive posts on any topic are so rare, you may have to search through several pages to find them. He enjoys getting OU fans riled up. Could that be why a number of posters here are convinced heís a Longhorn fan?
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:15 PM   #7
Sooner04
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
Could OU play a "death" lineup at some point during the season with Doolittle and Manek inside - Reynolds, Bienemy and James as the guards?
I don't think we have any combination on our roster that could constitute a death lineup. Neither our best nor our weirdest will cause many matchup flutters from opposing coaches.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:34 PM   #8
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Itís more about inorefís reputation, Bounce. Take a few minutes and check out his posting profile. Positive posts on any topic are so rare, you may have to search through several pages to find them. He enjoys getting OU fans riled up. Could that be why a number of posters here are convinced heís a Longhorn fan?
I'm one of the ones convinced he is a longhorn fan.

But still, there was nothing wrong with his comment. People need thicker skin if what he said riles someone up

-Romero Osby
Old 11-05-2018, 06:38 PM   #9
AdaSooner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
I'm one of the ones convinced he is a longhorn fan.

But still, there was nothing wrong with his comment. People need thicker skin if what he said riles someone up
Iím the reason Inoref is still here. If I didnít have thick skin, he would have been been gone long ago. I have defended his right to express his opinion through numerous requests over the years to send him on his way. It would have been a lot easier to pull the plug.
AdaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 PM   #10
coolm
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Iím the reason Inoref is still here. If I didnít have thick skin, he would have been been gone long ago. I have defended his right to express his opinion through numerous requests over the years to send him on his way. It would have been a lot easier to pull the plug.
I dont mind you leaving him here. I always have the ability to just block him or not read all of his negative commentary. you dont want to just leave a bunch of cheerleaders in here. I just don't believe he adds a single thing to my enjoyment of the program so I choose to veer away.
coolm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #11
Darwin
Role Player

Doolittle at the 3 needs to be explored for multiple weeks. If he becomes successful on the whole it makes them bigger and more physical.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:36 PM   #12
Stikboy
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
Doolittle at the 3 needs to be explored for multiple weeks. If he becomes successful on the whole it makes them bigger and more physical.
Agree, just wish he could score.
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #13
jaymOU
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
I'd love for it to work, I just can't see him switching on picks on D and then trying to handle the ball against any pressure.
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote