ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2021, 04:24 PM   #1
Soonercuda
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,089
Default Mulkey to LSU

It’s done
https://twitter.com/sportsdaydfw/sta...723884550?s=21
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:15 PM   #2
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Wow, crazy off season in the Big12... I think Kim will be in the top have of the SEC in no time... good luck on whoever is stuck with that Baylor rebuild... with or without Smith, I still predict that will not win the league this year.
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:17 PM   #3
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

I saw this comment on Rebkell's Junkie Board:

Quote:
It sure has been a media frenzy. I, for one, actually don't want to see Mulkey come to the SEC. Not a fan of the ego, the no masks, punching people in the face if they don't want to send their kid to Baylor, etc.
Sounds like a perfect fit for LSU.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:20 PM   #4
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Rumor has Joni Taylor coach of Georgia linked to Baylor... that’ll be interesting.
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:22 PM   #5
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

With the transfer rules the way they are this year, will Mulkey drag half of Baylor's roster with her to LSU?
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 06:59 PM   #6
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

I can see Lewis from Alabama, Bickle, Moon and probably the 2021 Baylor signee following her... Smith seems pretty upset, outside of Smith the rest of the roster is just ok.
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:39 AM   #7
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Here is a link to a Baylor board if you are inclined to read what they think.

https://sicem365.com/forums/4/1/
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #8
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...155909071.html
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:16 PM   #9
mikeareese
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 847
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

I saw 2023 S Wagner decommitted.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #10
Soonercuda
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,089
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

First Baylor player to follow Kim to LSU
https://twitter.com/raoul_000/status...754516998?s=21
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #11
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Nicki Collen named the new Baylor WBB head coach, after a three-year stint as head coach of the WNBA's Atlanta Dream
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:09 PM   #12
Soonercuda
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,089
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Nicki Collen is a strange choice. She and Tom did an solid job at Arkansas..but they still got fired. Her WNBA head coaching has been mediocre. I would have thought they would have hired a current successful college coach.
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #13
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Vic is on a role at Texas, picked up there 2nd top 50 recruit today, so I expect them to pass Baylor next year once Smith and Egbo is gone... if Coach JB can get some height or her system from Drake to work, we have a chance to pass Baylor next year also...
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 08:38 PM   #14
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,792
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonercuda View Post
Nicki Collen is a strange choice. She and Tom did an solid job at Arkansas..but they still got fired. Her WNBA head coaching has been mediocre. I would have thought they would have hired a current successful college coach.

Collen was selected as the WNBA Coach of the Year.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ba...ll-head-coach/
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #15
Soonercuda
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,089
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
Collen was selected as the WNBA Coach of the Year.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/ba...ll-head-coach/
I am sure that will be part of the recruiting pitch...but in the 2 years since the COY award her record for Atlanta is 15-41. I really thought Baylor would have gone for someone more proven in college. Maybe Covid revenue reduction had the Baylor AD wanting someone at a greatly reduced salary compared to KM?
Soonercuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 03:37 PM   #16
soonerdanny
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 66
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

A good number of idiot Baylor fans seriously thought they were going to pull an established elite college coach to replace Mulkey. Some people were actually mentioning trying to money whip Geno or Staley on their main message board.

Setting aside the fact that I think their AD is relieved to save some money on the replacement staff, their fans seriously overestimate the attractiveness of that job. Mulkey obviously made the program elite during her stint, but there’s still nothing overwhelmingly special about the job itself.

Anyway, hope to see them near the bottom of the Big 12 standings for years to come.
soonerdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #17
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

I'm surprised they hired anyone this fast.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:54 PM   #18
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerdanny View Post
A good number of idiot Baylor fans seriously thought they were going to pull an established elite college coach to replace Mulkey. Some people were actually mentioning trying to money whip Geno or Staley on their main message board.

Setting aside the fact that I think their AD is relieved to save some money on the replacement staff, their fans seriously overestimate the attractiveness of that job. Mulkey obviously made the program elite during her stint, but there’s still nothing overwhelmingly special about the job itself.

Anyway, hope to see them near the bottom of the Big 12 standings for years to come.
Can we get a like button for this post... 👍🏾
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:59 PM   #19
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,792
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerdanny View Post
A good number of idiot Baylor fans seriously thought they were going to pull an established elite college coach to replace Mulkey. Some people were actually mentioning trying to money whip Geno or Staley on their main message board.

Setting aside the fact that I think their AD is relieved to save some money on the replacement staff, their fans seriously overestimate the attractiveness of that job. Mulkey obviously made the program elite during her stint, but there’s still nothing overwhelmingly special about the job itself.

Anyway, hope to see them near the bottom of the Big 12 standings for years to come.
Very possible but historically Baylor has a much stronger athletic program than many are aware of them having. Over the history of the Big 12 conference Baylor actually has won more conference championships than has OU.

The obvious leader in championships won is Texas with 191 followed by Baylor 88, OU 84 and OSU 79. With the bears emphasis on being competitive in all sports it is doubt they are willing to allow one of the top 4 team sports like the WBB program to be relegated back to being a conference also ran.

Conference titles by school
All-Time Big 12 Championships By School Through April 19, 2021.[84]

Team-----------Season------Reg Seas.[85]------P. Seas.[85]--------Total[170]
Baylor------1997–present-------51-------------------37---------------88
ISU---------1997–present--------4-------------------24---------------28
KU----------1997–present-------23-------------------18---------------41
KSU--------1997–present--------11--------------------7---------------17
OU----------1997–present-------33-------------------51---------------84
OSU--------1997–present-------13-------------------66----------------79
TCU---------2013–present--------7--------------------4----------------11
UT----------1997–present-------56------------------135--------------191
Tech--------1997–present-------13-------------------14----------------27
WVU--------2013–present--------6---------------------5---------------11

Note, includes both regular-season, tournament titles, and co-championships. List does not include conference championships won prior to the formation of the Big 12 Conference in 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Conference
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 05-04-2021 at 05:06 PM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:06 PM   #20
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
Very possible but historically Baylor has a much stronger athletic program than many are aware of them having. Over the history of the Big 12 conference Baylor actually has won more conference championships than has OU.

The obvious leader in championships won is Texas with 191 followed by Baylor 88, OU 84 and OSU 79. With the bears emphasis on being competitive in all sports it is doubt they are willing to allow one of the top 4 team sports like the WBB program to be relegated back to being a conference also ran.

Conference titles by school
All-Time Big 12 Championships By School Through April 19, 2021.[84]

Team-----------Season------Reg Seas.[85]------P. Seas.[85]--------Total[170]
Baylor------1997–present-------51-------------------37---------------88
ISU---------1997–present--------4-------------------24---------------28
KU----------1997–present-------23-------------------18---------------41
KSU--------1997–present--------11--------------------7---------------17
OU----------1997–present-------33-------------------51---------------84
OSU--------1997–present-------13-------------------66----------------79
TCU---------2013–present--------7--------------------4----------------11
UT----------1997–present-------56------------------135--------------191
Tech--------1997–present-------13-------------------14----------------27
WVU--------2013–present--------6---------------------5---------------11

Note, includes both regular-season, tournament titles, and co-championships. List does not include conference championships won prior to the formation of the Big 12 Conference in 1996.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_12_Conference
How do you feel about Collen? The ball is really in her court, of course Baylor wants to be successful, but Collen wasn’t even the 1st head coach they had as a target...
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:21 AM   #21
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
How do you feel about Collen? The ball is really in her court, of course Baylor wants to be successful, but Collen wasn’t even the 1st head coach they had as a target...
Who was Baylor's first head coach they had as a target? I know the fans had pie in the sky expectations. But who did the administration want?
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:41 AM   #22
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Who was Baylor's first head coach they had as a target? I know the fans had pie in the sky expectations. But who did the administration want?
Joni Taylor coach at UGA, but she put out a story saying she wasn’t interested... i can’t blame her, as good as Baylor will be this year, Georgia is returning just about everyone while adding 2 McDonald’s All Americans.
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:47 AM   #23
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

I follow the WNBA, but only certain teams, so I don’t know a lot about Collon, but she did have a Angel McCoughtry on her team back when she was named dream head coach... also the quality of coaching in the WNBA isn’t that good, and Baylor hired a coach that’s had two losing seasons.
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #24
MsProudSooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 10,201
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Joni Taylor coach at UGA, but she put out a story saying she wasn’t interested... i can’t blame her, as good as Baylor will be this year, Georgia is returning just about everyone while adding 2 McDonald’s All Americans.
Baylor must have been worried that their entire roster was going to put themselves in the transfer portal if they didn't hire a coach quickly.
__________________
The pessimist may be right in the long run, but the optimist has a better time during the trip.

MPS - Charter Member of the Sunshine Pumpers Club, OU Chapter!
MsProudSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:01 PM   #25
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,743
Default Re: Mulkey to LSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsProudSooner View Post
Baylor must have been worried that their entire roster was going to put themselves in the transfer portal if they didn't hire a coach quickly.
Honestly I think the Baylor job wasn’t that attractive... It’s not like the have a lot of talent on the roster.
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com