ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 02-09-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
kimard
Walk-on

Default Tatum enjoying freshman season

Some interesting quotes..

https://www.timesrecordnews.com/stor...rs/2777101002/
kimard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:55 AM   #2
sybarite
National Champion

Default Re: Tatum enjoying freshman season

Sanity. A builder.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:00 AM   #3
Mac
Administrator

Tatum is a good kid who seems to like OU and I definitely wouldn't worry about her going anywhere in the offseason unless Sherri Coale is not brought back...
Old 02-10-2019, 01:19 PM   #4
Soonerguy06
Role Player

That would be good and well if she were a valuable player. She doesn't do anything when she's out there. She's not a true point guard in my opinion because she doesn't go out there and set up the offense. She has no offensive game the only valuable asset to her game is occasionally she comes up with a steal. I just don't get what was so alluring in her. Maybe because she looks exactly like SC did at her age? I mean physically she fits the type of player SC wants so I guess she has that going for her..
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
Mac
Administrator

Tatum does things that doesn't show up in the box score, I also thinks she's our best on ball defender... I think Sherri and some fans expected more out of her then she is giving... right now I think she fits the 6th man role going forward, and I would stick with Robertson over her in the starting line up... if Shay does leave in the off season Sherri needs to bring in a grad transfer at point guard who can come in and run the team, and be a leader...
Old 02-10-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
Leroy
Walk-on

Sorry but what does Robertson do except shoot. She can't guard anyone with any quickness, doesn't rebound and isn't a good passer. I am sure she is a great kid but I thought she was hurt the first part of the year because she is so slow.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Mac
Administrator

Watching the last game, Brenda was calling the game and said Robertson is at the top of other teams scouting report... yes she has her flaws, but she's still a treat anytime she's on the court... I think she's our 3rd best player behind Shay, then Madi... 2 player who need a shooter for there games to improve. Taylor is the best but she's better then a lot of the others on our team, I thought about bringing her off the bench, but if picking between Taylor, Jessi. and Tatum, I would start Taylor... Same with Madi and Ana, who should both play the 3, I think Madi is better so I would start her at her natural position which is the 3...
Old 02-10-2019, 09:01 PM   #8
womenssports
Starter

I don't ever see Ana not being a starter unless there are better recruits coming in than what we have; and until we actually see them play here, I also wouldn't not start Ana. Right now she is the best player we have. I would say Madi is second . Should not need to add this is JMO. NO facts here.