ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #26
soonermom1000
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 336
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

It would be worth it....Pay Vic to come here!!!!
soonermom1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 07:40 PM   #27
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,463
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

While i like Jackson-Durrett I believe she would be the 1st black head coach in big 12 WBB history? Not sure it would happen, but being young, fresh, and probably pretty relatable to some recruits would sure have its advantages...
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:39 PM   #28
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,044
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermom1000 View Post
It would be worth it....Pay Vic to come here!!!!
The OU WBB program is already losing more than $4 million dollars. I doubt that Joe Castiglione want to increase that loss by 25%. Current WBB total expenses are $6 million.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...fc1c95.pdf.pdf
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 08:57 PM   #29
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
While i like Jackson-Durrett I believe she would be the 1st black head coach in big 12 WBB history? Not sure it would happen, but being young, fresh, and probably pretty relatable to some recruits would sure have its advantages...
Jackson-Durrett has enough experience to coach OU, far more than Sherri Coale had when she took over. I think being an African-American coach would be a large advantage at recruiting top athletes to OU. I also don't think you would have to break the bank to get her.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:21 PM   #30
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,044
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Jan Ross' total compensation is about $205K, Chad Thrailkill $155K, Pam Decosta $152K and Colton $85K. I would expect that Dionnah is making less than Chad or Pam but definitely a lot less than Jan. She would probably take the OU job for $600K with an attractive escalation clause based on performance.

Plus OU has an attractive track record of rapidly escalating pay for successful OU coaches. You just have to look at what Lincoln, Sherri, Lon and Patty are making.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 09:59 PM   #31
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sooner Heaven
Posts: 1,736
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

I would be very happy if we brought Dionnah in as an assistant coach as soon as the season is over.

Let her become the leader in recruiting and the key on court assistant coach. It seems to me like that might prove very positive in both areas. Then in the future when SC decides to step aside, she could step in as our next head coach, in an extremely smooth transition. Assuming, of course, things work out for her as things move forward.

We have had great success with that process in other sports - and it would be really exciting to watch in the WBB program.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:39 PM   #32
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
I would be very happy if we brought Dionnah in as an assistant coach as soon as the season is over.

Let her become the leader in recruiting and the key on court assistant coach. It seems to me like that might prove very positive in both areas. Then in the future when SC decides to step aside, she could step in as our next head coach, in an extremely smooth transition. Assuming, of course, things work out for her as things move forward.

We have had great success with that process in other sports - and it would be really exciting to watch in the WBB program.
She is already a leader in recruiting. She is NOT coming to OU as an Assistant Coach, she is beyond that. Her next stop is HEAD COACH. Why would you leave Miss State who has been to the national championship game the last two years and is undefeated in the SEC this year with a good shot to win it all while working for the hottest team in America to work for Sherri. That would be the dumbest move ever. She has way more training than Sherri did when she took over OU. She has nine years as an Assistant and another 5 playing Professional Basketball.

Last edited by Speedy17; 02-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:46 PM   #33
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
Jan Ross' total compensation is about $205K, Chad Thrailkill $155K, Pam Decosta $152K and Colton $85K. I would expect that Dionnah is making less than Chad or Pam but definitely a lot less than Jan. She would probably take the OU job for $600K with an attractive escalation clause based on performance.

Plus OU has an attractive track record of rapidly escalating pay for successful OU coaches. You just have to look at what Lincoln, Sherri, Lon and Patty are making.
I want to know how OU has 4 assistants while everybody else has 3. Irony is that OU still loses.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:53 PM   #34
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
While i like Jackson-Durrett I believe she would be the 1st black head coach in big 12 WBB history? Not sure it would happen, but being young, fresh, and probably pretty relatable to some recruits would sure have its advantages...
First, you are wrong, Marian Washington coached KU from 1973-2004. Second, having an African American Women's Basketball coach might do wonders with the current situation especially regarding recruiting. Personally, I don't care if they are green, blue, from mars or Norman, if they can get the program turned around. I think Dionnah Jackson-Durrett can get that done. I would be fine with Stacey Dales, Danielle Robinson, or anyone but the one with the coaching experience is Dionnah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Washington
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:59 PM   #35
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,044
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Technically Jan no longer coaches or recruits off campus but continues to everything else. She is similar to an analyst in football like Butch Jones was his first year at Alabama after being the Tennessee HC.

The big difference is analyst normally make about $50K and I can find no record that Jan's compensation of $205K has been reduced now that she is "Chief of Staff". It could have been but I can locate no public record of it happening. Also Chief of Staff sounds like the job pays more than an analyst would make.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 11:25 PM   #36
mikeareese
Role Player
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 782
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

She might be a good recruiter. If Coale makes the decision it will not matter. On this board, I have heard of good players wanting to come to OU and Coale saying no. This is my one pet peeve about Coale. Her unwillingness to teach others that don't fit her mold. No reason OU should be last in the conference.
mikeareese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:01 AM   #37
Mac
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: bay area ca
Posts: 3,463
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
She is already a leader in recruiting. She is NOT coming to OU as an Assistant Coach, she is beyond that. Her next stop is HEAD COACH. Why would you leave Miss State who has been to the national championship game the last two years and is undefeated in the SEC this year with a good shot to win it all while working for the hottest team in America to work for Sherri. That would be the dumbest move ever. She has way more training than Sherri did when she took over OU. She has nine years as an Assistant and another 5 playing Professional Basketball.
So I was wrong about the big 12 having a African-American head coach, and you are wrong about Jackson's current position with Mississippi State she, recruiting isn't her forte she actually works with the point guards if you look at Players like Morgan Williams and the current point guard they have on the team Holmes she has done wonders with both players... I think she could actually turn things around for Shay if she was to come on board... Pam has gotten OU in the home of some of the better prospects in the country, she's one player on the staff OU would want to keep, not to mention she's already been talking to most of the 2020 kids, so you wouldn't want to lose that relationship...
__________________
“The area you recruit from often has to do with the level your program has reached,” said Auriemma
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:40 AM   #38
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
So I was wrong about the big 12 having a African-American head coach, and you are wrong about Jackson's current position with Mississippi State she, recruiting isn't her forte she actually works with the point guards if you look at Players like Morgan Williams and the current point guard they have on the team Holmes she has done wonders with both players... I think she could actually turn things around for Shay if she was to come on board... Pam has gotten OU in the home of some of the better prospects in the country, she's one player on the staff OU would want to keep, not to mention she's already been talking to most of the 2020 kids, so you wouldn't want to lose that relationship...
On what basketball team do all of the assistant coaches not play a heavy role in recruiting. If you can't recruit, you can't coach for any school these days. Unfortunately, Sherri has a lot of deadwood on her staff. Personally, I would not keep anyone on the current staff.

Last edited by Speedy17; 02-10-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #39
threepointshooter
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 124
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
First, you are wrong, Marian Washington coached KU from 1973-2004. Second, having an African American Women's Basketball coach might do wonders with the current situation especially regarding recruiting. Personally, I don't care if they are green, blue, from mars or Norman, if they can get the program turned around. I think Dionnah Jackson-Durrett can get that done. I would be fine with Stacey Dales, Danielle Robinson, or anyone but the one with the coaching experience is Dionnah.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marian_Washington
Also, Peggie Gillom was the head coach at Texas A&M from 1999-2003.
threepointshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #40
Soonerguy06
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 422
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Here we go against Kansas State. Look like a bunch of Junior high players. How many turnovers is this already? It's just not even Enjoyable anymore to watch them. They can't hold on to the ball long enough to even try and get something going on offense, it's like they're Junior high players.
Who is she recruiting?! Tatum is not good. I don't know how she was ranked so highly in high school, she's been nothing but a disappointment! Simpson, I think she already has three turnovers... the only player on this team that's worth anything is Maddie and maybe occasionally Pellington, when she wants to be.. I'm so frustrated already watching this game can anyone tell?!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #41
Soonerguy06
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 422
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

And like clockwork Simpson dribbles the ball off her foot..
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #42
OKUman
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 457
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

This university will NEVER fire her, PERIOD.
__________________
Were not running up the score, were just running plays for next weeks game.
OKUman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #43
Speedy17
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 762
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKUman View Post
This university will NEVER fire her, PERIOD.
They can kick her upstairs or at least make her hire some assistants who can coach. She needs a pay adjustment in the worst way.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 05:04 PM   #44
inoref
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,451
Default Re: Who Sherri Recruits

Going to end up being more players at the games than fans.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com