ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 02-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Default OU vs. Texas

Here we go. I have no expectations of a win. I would love to be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:15 PM   #2
Speedy17
Role Player

Default Re: OU vs. Texas

Sherri suspended Pellington for violating team rules. Best player and she never gets to play. If I were her I would be looking for a place to play.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:16 PM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Pellington won’t play today.
Suspension for violation of team rules.

Great.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:17 PM   #4
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

She probably skipped Bible class.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:19 PM   #5
soonermom1000
Walk-on

Just shoot the dang ball....They always try and bounce pass it in the middle of a forest and it doesn't work, so do something else...Stop and shoot it yourself!!!
soonermom1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #6
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I like they are trying to play fast. They also are playing hard, determined. Nice to see.

Old 02-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #7
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Llanusa only played 3 minutes in the first quarter. She isn't in foul trouble. Should someone check Sherri for a brain tumor? She doesn't see to have any idea who the best players are or how to use them.
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:42 PM   #8
Rbeam1
Walk-on

The thing that makes me the maddest, is Sherri's refusal to get upset or fire up her team. Something goes wrong she laughs and claps. Bad call, laughs and claps. Turnover, laugh and clap. Get a T or yell or do something.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:46 PM   #9
sooner8
Walk-on

That would be against her religious beliefs to get a T.
sooner8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #10
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8 View Post
That would be against her religious beliefs to get a T.
Haha that's funny! I seriously doubt Coale recovers from this. She couldn't recruit with decent teams and it'll be near impossible with a team that compares to Texas Tech who just got a UConn transfer. But since she is a transfer she must be a terrible person.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:57 PM   #11
soonermom1000
Walk-on

Clap!! Clap!!! Laugh!!!! Clap !!!! Clap!!!! Laugh!!!!
soonermom1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:01 PM   #12
SKSooner
Walk-on

Those of you mocking sincerely held religious beliefs are acting like bigoted assholes. Totally inappropriate.

Ban me, ouhoops.
SKSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:18 PM   #13
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

The women are playing hard and Sherri is substituting really well.

Texas just better.

Old 02-02-2019, 03:31 PM   #14
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Pellington looks absolutely dejected on the bench. I really don't think she will be here next year.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:41 PM   #15
oketex
Walk-on

Sherri looks worst than some high school coaches that I have seen, it is time for a big change and it needs to happen or there will be no OU Women's basketball because what player would want to come and only win five games a season.
oketex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:46 PM   #16
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Castiglione and Gallogly are in attendance today... Sending a message maybe? Wonder if I'd get kicked out if I started bringing a fire Sherri sign?

Last edited by Rbeam1; 02-02-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #17
Rbeam1
Walk-on

EJ is playing really well during the comeback and what does Coale do? She subs her out for Simpson. I just don't get it. It's infuriating.
Old 02-02-2019, 03:57 PM   #18
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

This may be the best game we’ve played collectively since UConn.

Old 02-02-2019, 04:04 PM   #19
sooner8
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKSooner View Post
Those of you mocking sincerely held religious beliefs are acting like bigoted assholes. Totally inappropriate.

Ban me, ouhoops.
No one is mocking the religious beliefs of someone,I have yet to see or read where getting a T is against someones belief.It is harmless quote..Since you though stooped low enough to call us bigoted a$$holes,that would seem inappropriate.Shame on you!!!
Old 02-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #20
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8 View Post
No one is mocking the religious beliefs of someone,I have yet to see or read where getting a T is against someones belief.It is harmless quote..Since you though stooped low enough to call us bigoted a$$holes,that would seem inappropriate.Shame on you!!!
Nonsense. You have several posts in this thread which mock her religious convictions. As an atheist, I have no dog in this hunt. But, you don't need to mock it out of your consistent need to attack.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #21
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Same result different game. I just want this to be over already. I don't think there is an excuse for a season like this. I think it all comes down on SC and her stubbornness. I think it's clear that it's time to move on to someone that can get things to work for this program. Recruit good basketball players, this is a sport, not a pageant! I don't care which one of these girls is someone I would bring home to Mom, I want to see my team win! it seems SC cares more about all the other stuff instead of which players can help this team win.

I say unless we want to be at the bottom the next few years and keeping saying "in a couple years we will be better," every single season, SC has got to go.

We have not won a game in a month. When will we win another game? Next year?

Last edited by Soonerguy06; 02-02-2019 at 04:20 PM.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #22
sybarite
National Champion

If you watched the weekly show at the restaurant, you wouldn't have been surprised that Shaina was suspended. She plays almost no defense, and we are extremely vulnerable when she is on the floor. Add some turnovers and some wild shots, and she is more harm than good.

Shaina has immense talent. But, she needs to learn that it isn't all about her streetball ability. She has to play as a part of a team, both on offense and defense. Despite her talent, she is not good as a part of a team on either end. If you haven't noticed, the other team penetrates at will when she is on the floor. Other than slap at the ball, she doesn't move to stop it.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:36 PM   #23
sooner8
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
Nonsense. You have several posts in this thread which mock her religious convictions. As an atheist, I have no dog in this hunt. But, you don't need to mock it out of your consistent need to attack.
Coming from you on attacking people is comical!!You have been attacking people on here & on other sites for years because they dared to question the untouchable Sherri Coale,so please stop being a hypocrite! BTW I had one & only one post that related to religion & is was a joke.But in this politically correct world we now live in "we are not aloud to joke,even if it is a tasteful joke.Go Sooners!!!!
Old 02-02-2019, 04:40 PM   #24
Speedy17
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post
If you watched the weekly show at the restaurant, you wouldn't have been surprised that Shaina was suspended. She plays almost no defense, and we are extremely vulnerable when she is on the floor. Add some turnovers and some wild shots, and she is more harm than good.

Shaina has immense talent. But, she needs to learn that it isn't all about her streetball ability. She has to play as a part of a team, both on offense and defense. Despite her talent, she is not good as a part of a team on either end. If you haven't noticed, the other team penetrates at will when she is on the floor. Other than slap at the ball, she doesn't move to stop it.
Sorry but she is the ONLY player on the team that can create her own shot. Sherri wants uptempo but the team except for Shaina is SLOW and no this is not an athletic team!!! I do not know how many times she breaks down the court and has to wait for her slow team to get down the floor. There is nothing worse than a slow and short team because there is not speed to overcome the lack of size. The turnovers are not about Shaina but about Sherri - they had another 20 today and Shaina did not play. Sherri doesn't teach anyone to value the basketball and it has been that way for a long time. By the way, if you watched Shaina today, you could tell that she did not want to be there. Unless there is a miracle, she will be in the transfer portal at the end of the season.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 04:43 PM   #25
sybarite
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
Sorry but she is the ONLY player on the team that can create her own shot. Sherri wants uptempo but the team except for Shaina is SLOW and no this is not an athletic team!!! I do not know how many times she breaks down the court and has to wait for her slow team to get down the floor. There is nothing worse than a slow and short team because there is not speed to overcome the lack of size. The turnovers are not about Shaina but about Sherri - they had another 20 today and Shaina did not play. Sherri doesn't teach anyone to value the basketball and it has been that way for a long time. By the way, if you watched Shaina today, you could tell that she did not want to be there. Unless there is a miracle, she will be in the transfer portal at the end of the season.
I disagree on every point. She might transfer out, however. Either that, or she will grow up.