ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 01-31-2019, 08:07 PM   #1
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Default Wow

I just noticed that Miss State is leading LSU 59 - 19 late in the 3rd quarter.

There are some horrible teams in the SEC. But their records often don't reflect that due to such weak opposition.

LSU is shooting 15%. We need to play someone having that kind of night!!
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 08:23 PM   #2
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Default Re: Wow

LSU starts a 6'5" center and a 6'2" forward. So we might be biting off more than we can chew. Especially in Baton Rouge. Also they are 12-7 with road wins at FSU, Ole Miss and Alabama.
Old 01-31-2019, 08:54 PM   #3
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
LSU starts a 6'5" center and a 6'2" forward. So we might be biting off more than we can chew. Especially in Baton Rouge. Also they are 12-7 with road wins at FSU, Ole Miss and Alabama.
You apparently disagree, but I would not be bragging about OU if they were behind 59 - 19 late in the 3rd quarter. Or if they were shooting at a 15% clip late in a game.

I'm surprised you are defending them. By the way, the game was played in Baton Rouge, so LSU was at home.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:10 PM   #4
gwydion
Walk-on

Even the best teams have bad nights at home. Did you watch the OU men play Baylor last Monday at home. No way they should have lost by 30. And they were favored. And by the way, SoonerSpock wasn't bragging just informing you of LSU's current stats and we couldn't handle LSU and their height.

Oh whatever happened the the Sweetest OU Girl who saw the world thru very crimson glasses and now is just not very nice to anyone?
gwydion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:26 PM   #5
Speedy17
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
I just noticed that Miss State is leading LSU 59 - 19 late in the 3rd quarter.

There are some horrible teams in the SEC. But their records often don't reflect that due to such weak opposition.

LSU is shooting 15%. We need to play someone having that kind of night!!
LSU is a very good team that would whip OU. Miss State is a great team that can beat anyone in the country and can win it all. Their center is Teira McCowan and she is the best player in America at 6' 7". She would eat the Baylor center for lunch. Miss State has also played in the national championship game during the past two seasons. They are easily winning the SEC this year, beat South Carolina 89-74. I think two years ago they broke UConn's winning streak in the Final Four. Their coach Vic Shaefer is the best defensive coach in America and a key assistant is OU's own Diannah Jackson - Durrett who would be the best choice to replace Sherri.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #6
Soonerguy06
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post
LSU is a very good team that would whip OU. Miss State is a great team that can beat anyone in the country and can win it all. Their center is Teira McCowan and she is the best player in America at 6' 7". She would eat the Baylor center for lunch. Miss State has also played in the national championship game during the past two seasons. They are easily winning the SEC this year, beat South Carolina 89-74. I think two years ago they broke UConn's winning streak in the Final Four. Their coach Vic Shaefer is the best defensive coach in America and a key assistant is OU's own Diannah Jackson - Durrett who would be the best choice to replace Sherri.
+1
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #7
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
You apparently disagree, but I would not be bragging about OU if they were behind 59 - 19 late in the 3rd quarter. Or if they were shooting at a 15% clip late in a game.

I'm surprised you are defending them. By the way, the game was played in Baton Rouge, so LSU was at home.
Based on LSU's record and OU's record LSU is probably not as horrible as some Big 12 teams. That is my only point.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:46 PM   #8
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy17 View Post

I don't know that Diannah J-D would be the best choice to replace Sherri but she should get the highest consideration if the interest is mutual. And Vic Shaefer is probably several years from retiring. So OU could be at the top of her list.

Schaefer is 57 basically the same age as Sherri this basketball season and it will only be his 8th as a head coach so he might not be ready to retire before he is 65. I am sure he definitely wants a few more years of his $1.6 million salary before retiring. Probably has a few more championship he wants to win starting the national championship.