ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 01-24-2019, 05:57 PM   #1
inoref
All-Conference

Default Baylor

Everyone think Sherri & Colton will have the team pumped and ready to go against the lady bears ?
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 06:46 PM   #2
Speedy17
Role Player

Default Re: Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
Everyone think Sherri & Colton will have the team pumped and ready to go against the lady bears ?
I bet Mulkey will have her team read. Don't forget these comments.

After beating TCU to land in her eighth consecutive Big 12 championship game, Baylor coach Kim Mulkey, a long-time adversary of Coale’s, appeared to take a shot at the Sooners’ recent lack of postseason success.

“In women's basketball once you lose it, you're not getting it back,” Mulkey said, answering a question about the steps it took to turn Baylor into an elite program.

“(Louisiana Tech) struggles to get it back, and I can name some in this league that are struggling to get it back that have won championships.”
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 08:56 PM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

She will definitely stomp on Sherri’s neck to embarrass the crap out her, if she gets the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:12 AM   #4
rocjunkie
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
She will definitely stomp on Sherri’s neck to embarrass the crap out her, if she gets the chance.

Ollie if its less than a 30 point game, I will be surprised. We can't come close to competing with them on the boards. Our first quarter starts just kills this team. I really hope I am wrong. Would like to see them play the Bears the same way they played UCONN.
rocjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #5
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

As I sit in LNC I am hoping the Sooners stay within 20. If so I will consider it a moral victory.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 01-25-2019 at 03:54 PM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #6
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

When I am sitting in the stands at LNC on Sunday, I will be hoping the Sooners stay within 15 points.

If so, I will consider it a moral victory.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:40 PM   #7
inoref
All-Conference

Since Sherri and Kim are so tight friends if the game were to get out of hand I'm sure Kim would call off the dogs. Baylor may overlook OU a little, sad if we reached that point of other teams overlooking us.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #8
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
Since Sherri and Kim are so tight friends if the game were to get out of hand I'm sure Kim would call off the dogs. Baylor may overlook OU a little, sad if we reached that point of other teams overlooking us.
Not bad at all, ino. If it led to a victory or two.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:44 PM   #9
sooner8
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
When I am sitting in the stands at LNC on Sunday, I will be hoping the Sooners stay within 15 points.

If so, I will consider it a moral victory.
This is what the women's BB program has now become,a moral victory is acceptable?Truly sadGo Sooners!!!)
sooner8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:57 PM   #10
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8 View Post
This is what the women's BB program has now become,a moral victory is acceptable?Truly sadGo Sooners!!!)
I was actually mimicking ino (or whatever his name is) and helping him express himself a bit better.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:39 PM   #11
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
I was actually mimicking ino (or whatever his name is) and helping him express himself a bit better.
Thanks Sweatest OU Girl but when I need your help I will ask
Old 01-25-2019, 09:15 PM   #12
Soonerguy06
Role Player

This program has gotten so bad, that I will be happy if we win 5 conference games this season. I'm not even going to watch that Baylor game though.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 08:16 AM   #13
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocjunkie View Post
Ollie if its less than a 30 point game, I will be surprised. We can't come close to competing with them on the boards. Our first quarter starts just kills this team. I really hope I am wrong. Would like to see them play the Bears the same way they played UCONN.
Miracles happen all the time, however, I don't think it will be happening at the LNC on Sunday unless Baylor repeats the UCONN path (long flight, just finished finals, a little over confident, etc.) to LNC.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 09:04 AM   #14
Speedy17
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerbay View Post
Miracles happen all the time, however, I don't think it will be happening at the LNC on Sunday unless Baylor repeats the UCONN path (long flight, just finished finals, a little over confident, etc.) to LNC.
or Mulkey like Geno just simply takes it easy on Sherri's team then turns it on in the last five minutes to win easily.
Speedy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:14 PM   #15
sybarite
National Champion

Mulkey wouldn't take it easy on a newborn baby. She would probably be screaming for a technical foul every time the baby spit up on her. It is interesting that she recruits talent, but seems to fall just short of what the talent can do almost every year. Two national titles,one well earned, the other kind of stolen.

She will kill us if she can. I think she hates Sherri because Sherri did beat her a lot until recently, and Sherri has something she'll never have, the love and respect of her colleagues.
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #16
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Kim would rather gut herself with a dull knife on live television before ever taking it easy on Sherri.

The hate is strong in this one, Obi Wan.

Old 01-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #17
Salt City Sooner
Role Player

I think Mulkey’s drive & desire to win is so intense that she couldn’t give a flying flip less what others think of her as long as she comes out on top.

-John Wooden-
Salt City Sooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 02:08 PM   #18
inoref
All-Conference

I wonder what game plan Sherri & Colton have come up with to offset the size and speed difference ?
Old 01-26-2019, 06:22 PM   #19
annabelle
Walk-on

Thumbs down Re: Baylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner8 View Post

sad how far this program has fallen
annabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2019, 07:01 PM   #20
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I hope...

I think we will try some trick plays. We will drive it down to our basket, stand around and watch and then, as time runs down, one of our girls will throw the ball directly at the head of a Baylor player of her choice hoping to knock them senseless and out of the game.

We will do that until we knock all but two Baylor players out of the game.

At that point I think we will have our best shot of winning the game — at about 25 percent.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:42 PM   #21
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
I hope...

I think we will try some trick plays. We will drive it down to our basket, stand around and watch and then, as time runs down, one of our girls will throw the ball directly at the head of a Baylor player of her choice hoping to knock them senseless and out of the game.

We will do that until we knock all but two Baylor players out of the game.

At that point I think we will have our best shot of winning the game — at about 25 percent.

Ok. I have not seen us actually try that one, but one a couple of our kids try every game is about as interesting. They stand totally under the rim, watching to get a rebound, obviously hoping the missed shot bounces off the rim, and as it bounces out from the basket a strong wind gust blows it back under the rim so they can grab it. Could someone tell them to get out from under the rim when rebounding?

And while you have their attention point out that a missed 3 point attempt will not bounce straight down, but will likely bounce out - at least - several feet from the basket.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:23 PM   #22
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Consider it done.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:53 AM   #23
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabelle View Post
sad how far this program has fallen
Beyond sad! There are many programs, men's and women's (UCLA Men come to mind) that have had really great programs that have eventually lost their luster, so to speak. But I can't think of one that grew the way OU's WBB did and drop to the lows that it has in relatively a short period of time. But here's the kicker...all under the same leadership, with poor recruiting (recruiting was bad when the team had All Americans...many other great players wanted to come to OU but were not recruited or were recruited by assistants but not offered), no development other than a few guards, no camps for youth, nepotism at it's best (let alone a former player is married to her son/coach who was a scout team player...go figure), AND the head coach makes over $1M BASE salary. Where has this happened before? NO WHERE! And no disrespect to the current players. They are playing how I would expect them to play;actually better considering all circumstances. Just because they were good/great at the high school level does not mean they will transition into good/great college players. Who was their competition in high school? Did they spend summers competing against the very best across the country for 4-6 years before arriving at OU? No. So they are doing their very best. Kudos to them. I'm sure the assistants are some really nice people, but who did they develop and recruit before arriving at OU? Think about all of that for a minute. Now take a few Excedrin. AND SC has the audacity to offer COACHING CLINICS! Really? Who pays for that? IMHO...the money she makes, the awards she's received...were based on the success of some really good players that worked hard and wanted to win in spite of...so many coaching/staff/developmental shortcomings. Sad...just a shame.

I won't be watching mulkey take joy in running LNC like she owns it today. And you better believe she's going to have no mercy and rightfully so. This is NCAA Division I Women's Basketball. Not the women's 18 and over YMCA league. I will instead watch one of my favorite games ever...Baylor vs OU in the Big XII Championship game from 2006, way back when the OU players took it personal and won in spite of...poor recruiting, poor development and poor coaching. In stead of singing the national anthem before I watch it, I'll sing an old gospel song, "Bring Back The Days of Yea and Nea"! Google those lyrics and you'll understand my pain when it comes to having to play baylor. Lord help OU today! I believe in miracles!

Baylor vs OU link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcTBdCZcwUM

PS...notice how much SC is up walking the sidelines and interacting during this game. It's really funny when I think about it because it reminds me of that lip sync show on tv with LL Cool J. The singer (SC) is putting on a great show but has NO CLUE how to really sing (coach)! She even does the "mulkey squat"!

Last edited by Soonerbay; 01-27-2019 at 11:21 AM.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 12:30 PM   #24
inoref
All-Conference

We all know this will be tough to win, let's hope that OU plays well and gives me a fight.
I only hope that KM doesn't steal away Colton from the OU staff
Old 01-27-2019, 01:55 PM   #25
sybarite
National Champion

Some good moments in the first half. Too much size: Brown, Cox,, Egbo. I thought we had a shot at Cox and Egbo. Be nice to have one of them. Baylor can dominate the interior against about anyone. May get beat if their guards don't develop.

Nice efforts by Madi, Lampkin, Taylor. An offensive putback by Taylor?
sybarite is online now   Reply With Quote