ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 01-30-2019, 07:49 PM   #26
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Default Re: OU at Kansas: 7 p.m. tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
Williams fouls out with 8 minutes left on a BS call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Horrible call. Both feet were in the circle. Also, Simpson has 6 turnovers tonight. WHY DOES SHE PLAY WHEN WE HAVE OTHER CENTERS??? if Pellington had turned it over that much, she would be on the bench...
Rbeam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:02 PM   #27
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Lose to Kansas... How Embarrassing.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:03 PM   #28
kimard
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbeam1 View Post
Horrible call. Both feet were in the circle. Also, Simpson has 6 turnovers tonight. WHY DOES SHE PLAY WHEN WE HAVE OTHER CENTERS??? if Pellington had turned it over that much, she would be on the bench...
Beats me. She is hands down the WORST player on this team.
kimard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:09 PM   #29
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

We are officially dead last in Big 12 and have fallen completely apart.

Fire the entire staff after we get knocked out of Big 12 tournament.

Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:10 PM   #30
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimard View Post
Beats me. She is hands down the WORST player on this team.

I've explained that multiple times. You guys just don't want to accept it.

SC refused to even do a post game radio interview.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:12 PM   #31
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

She should submit her resignation tomorrow morning at 8 a.m.

Old 01-30-2019, 08:14 PM   #32
soonerstar
All-Conference

Quote:
Lose to Kansas... How Embarrassing.
Kansas played without their best player-Jessica Washington. Coale needs to be gone.
soonerstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:15 PM   #33
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Yeah she should be bloody ashamed of herself. I wouldn't even want to interview her. I hope she's really thinking about all those days when she sat on her lazy behind and didn't worry about going out there recruiting grad transfers, juco players, anyone that could help us down low. We not only do not have a good post presents we don't have a point guard that's worth a dang. Look at Oklahoma State's point guard tonight! We can only be lucky enough to have a player like that. combination of horrible recruiting horrible coaches and mediocre talent and here we are it's finally caught up with us. I'm done watching this team for the season it's a waste of my time. I really hope someone that's up high that take some pride in women's Athletics does something about this horrible mess..
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:20 PM   #34
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Hey, Syb...your silence is deafening😂🤭

Old 01-30-2019, 08:21 PM   #35
inoref
All-Conference

This been coming on for years now, didn't think we would reach this low this quickly. I took lots of heat on here when I kept saying over and over SC best days are behind her and she is way over paid.
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:29 PM   #36
Rbeam1
Walk-on

At this point, I am worried who we could get to coach here. I seriously doubt any of the big name coaches would even consider it. I would bet we will have to go young and up and coming or an outside of the box name.
Old 01-30-2019, 08:36 PM   #37
inoref
All-Conference

Quote:
At this point, I am worried who we could get to coach here. I seriously doubt any of the big name coaches would even consider it. I would bet we will have to go young and up and coming or an outside of the box name.
If OU paid them Sherri Coale money they would come
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:55 PM   #38
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Today's salaries for the very best WBB coaches range from $1.5-$2.4 million. Sherri is still highly paid but probably not among the top 10 any longer. But based on performance on the court Sherri has been overpaid for several years.

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/...ate/769703002/

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...our/469927002/

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 01-30-2019 at 09:05 PM.
SoonerSpock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:47 PM   #39
SoonerinNC
All-Conference

There are a lot of coaches out there who would jump at the chance to turn the program around. Oregon State, Oregon, South Carolina, Louisville, and now North Carolina State were at best in mediocrity and are now among the best in the country.

The game has changed since our glory days. There are better players and most of all a lot more better coaches out there now.

Our new volleyball coach came in and brought in a number of transfers to rebuild the program including several award winners. And it appears that she has recruited a couple of very exciting new recruits for next year. Players want to play for a good coach and a winning team.

Inexperienced players will have a lot of hiccups and that is about all we have. I still believe that we have some good talent and apparently have a couple of good players coming in. I am not confident that we will have the effective size we need to compete in today's game.

Oregon State have 6 of their top 7 players coming back next year and have picked off a 6-3 five star player from dallas and a 6-5 five star player from Derby, Kansas. Either of them would have been great for us.

We need to hold our good players and do what is necessary to solve our weakness in the middle.
SoonerinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:10 AM   #40
Leroy
Walk-on

OU will not win another game this year.
Leroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:34 AM   #41
sooner8
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
OU will not win another game this year.
I hope your wrong,but I think your right!!!
sooner8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:41 AM   #42
sybarite
National Champion

I think we will win one, maybe two. Last night's game should be a teaching tool. We had everything that it took to win, but snatched defeat from victory with errors. I think a post had seven turnovers, a guard with five. the way that we played lost the game.

This is what Sherri must correct next year. She must find a way to get this group to play with some sanity. By now, they should be learning to work on their defects. The only thing that I have noticed is that we are improving on our free throws.

Twice, we used early bursts to get a substantial lead, only to lose the lead within a minute. We need a player, preferable a point, to take control of the flow of the team. Shaina, Jessi, Tatum----or a senior transfer who has no other purpose other than to make free throws and not make mistakes.

I think I would show the game films at least twice to show that Kansas didn't win. We lost.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:09 AM   #43
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sybarite View Post

I think I would show the game films at least twice to show that Kansas didn't win. We lost.
We are good at losing!!!
Old 01-31-2019, 10:46 AM   #44
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Sherri needs to sign two of the best post players this off season and any other strong forward that she can find. Recruit the entire country. Go outside her recruiting parameters. These are absolute musts. Failure to do so will be a justification for dismissal, IMO.

She must alter her recruiting profile and take some chances. The last time I think she really took a chance on a kid was Amanda Thompson.

I think Sherri will still be at OU next session, but if we tank the rest of the season, that is no longer a guarantee.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #45
soonermike22
Walk-on

I am really disappointed in this team for
1) not playing better some of the time for a few more wins
2) the coaching staff for failure to recruit some post players to go with talented but young guards and forwards
I hope the administration has made it clear to the present staff that these failures have to be corrected, or multiple changes will be made.
soonermike22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:11 AM   #46
Soonerguy06
Role Player

I really wonder what SC was thinking about our post predicament going into this season. Did she honestly think that Simpson would be enough of a inside presence for us? Or was she counting on Lampkin and EJ being more productive? Or did she just say the heck with it and maybe our young talented guards will overcompensate for not having anyone down low? These are the simple questions that I want to know the answers to because it would explain her lack of action in going after a big girl downlow last minute...or it could be that maybe she did and nobody wants to come here because of how our program has declined over the years?
Old 02-01-2019, 11:12 AM   #47
SoonerSpock
Sweet 16

delete
Old 02-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #48
Rbeam1
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
I really wonder what SC was thinking about our post predicament going into this season. Did she honestly think that Simpson would be enough of a inside presence for us? Or was she counting on Lampkin and EJ being more productive? Or did she just say the heck with it and maybe our young talented guards will overcompensate for not having anyone down low? These are the simple questions that I want to know the answers to because it would explain her lack of action in going after a big girl downlow last minute...or it could be that maybe she did and nobody wants to come here because of how our program has declined over the years?
I am curious as well. In the women's game a skilled tall center is a must to succeed. They anchor the defense and get easy baskets. Look at Iowa State the past few years. They have been a terrible team compared to what they have been in the past. That coincided with a lack of a good center. They were playing a 6-2 forward at center. Now look at Iowa State this year, and they have a really good freshman center who is producing good numbers which has helped them be a dominant team.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:20 AM   #49
Soonerguy06
Role Player

yes, Iowa state has made a dramatic change for the better. I believe Fendley deserves the Big 12 Coach of the year award, thus far anyway.