ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 04-21-2023, 09:24 AM   #1
jaymOU
Role Player
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Garland TX
Posts: 975
Default Collins in the portal now

Insiders....tell us what you know? Does he still fit at OU with Hugley?
jaymOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:30 AM   #2
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 10,118
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
Insiders....tell us what you know? Does he still fit at OU with Hugley?
he is a take all day every day
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:33 AM   #3
rickjames
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norman
Posts: 455
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymOU View Post
Insiders....tell us what you know? Does he still fit at OU with Hugley?
Having him at the 4 would be incredible with Hugley.
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 09:56 AM   #4
pnkranger
Sweet 16
 
pnkranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,559
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Please please please make this happen
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,861
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
Having him at the 4 would be incredible with Hugley.
In what universe is he a 4? His offensive game is limited to about 5-7 feet.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:42 PM   #6
rickjames
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norman
Posts: 455
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
In what universe is he a 4? His offensive game is limited to about 5-7 feet.
Is it though? I saw reports that his jump shot and 3 pt shooting were improving at Kentucky. Also, if Bookout and Gray were effective in the starting lineup together, I think Hugley and Collins could be as well. They would also be very effective on the defensive end. Collins is a legit shot blocker with a 46.5 inch vertical.
rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:44 PM   #7
rickjames
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Norman
Posts: 455
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

rickjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:47 PM   #8
NorthCarolinaSooner
Role Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 721
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!

WANT
NorthCarolinaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 12:57 PM   #9
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,861
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickjames View Post
Is it though? I saw reports that his jump shot and 3 pt shooting were improving at Kentucky.
I don't know what he does in practice, but both his FG% and FT% tanked quite a bit from last year to this year. 0-3 from three in both years (probably not a guy that should be taking any shots out there).

I don't think he is nearly as good as some make him out to be. Not saying he isn't worth taking, just that I don't think he impacts our record next year like others seem to think. Especially after landing Hugley. I'd rather us land a really good 4 at this point.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 01:52 PM   #10
NorthCarolinaSooner
Role Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 721
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I don't know what he does in practice, but both his FG% and FT% tanked quite a bit from last year to this year. 0-3 from three in both years (probably not a guy that should be taking any shots out there).

I don't think he is nearly as good as some make him out to be. Not saying he isn't worth taking, just that I don't think he impacts our record next year like others seem to think. Especially after landing Hugley. I'd rather us land a really good 4 at this point.
ELITE rim defender.....even Cal said he was their best rim defender. I'll take that in this league...and he sahred the floor with a bunch of 5* kids.....he was way down the line as far as shots.....he'll get more here.
NorthCarolinaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:03 PM   #11
Dr Sleep
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 486
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
I don't know what he does in practice, but both his FG% and FT% tanked quite a bit from last year to this year. 0-3 from three in both years (probably not a guy that should be taking any shots out there).

I don't think he is nearly as good as some make him out to be. Not saying he isn't worth taking, just that I don't think he impacts our record next year like others seem to think. Especially after landing Hugley. I'd rather us land a really good 4 at this point.
Would love to have him. Roster construction would be old school, with 2 bigs, neither a stretch 4, but run a high-low game.
__________________
Dr Sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 02:14 PM   #12
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,861
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaSooner View Post
ELITE rim defender.....even Cal said he was their best rim defender. I'll take that in this league...and he sahred the floor with a bunch of 5* kids.....he was way down the line as far as shots.....he'll get more here.
Why in the world would we want him to get more if he isn't going to shoot it at a better percentage?

And if he can't get on the floor at UK as an elite rim defender, that speaks volumes. That is EXACTLY the kind of roster you can play an one dimensional guy on, one that is stacked everywhere else. Just like other players in recent years, when the talent around you isn't elite, your worts stick out even more.

Elite rim defending coming off our bench doesn't move the needle much for me in terms of wins/losses. If it does for you, great.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 03:40 PM   #13
opsooner
National Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,780
Default

I would welcome him with happiness if he is interested. Iíll take anyone with any D1 talent at this point. I wish we could be more choosy at this point. Hopefully we can find another shooter as well and find a way to get him open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 03:48 PM   #14
Eielson
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 3,136
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Why in the world would we want him to get more if he isn't going to shoot it at a better percentage?

And if he can't get on the floor at UK as an elite rim defender, that speaks volumes. That is EXACTLY the kind of roster you can play an one dimensional guy on, one that is stacked everywhere else. Just like other players in recent years, when the talent around you isn't elite, your worts stick out even more.

Elite rim defending coming off our bench doesn't move the needle much for me in terms of wins/losses. If it does for you, great.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...oscar-tshiebwe
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 06:06 PM   #15
hoopsaustin
National Champion
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 7,753
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
I would welcome him with happiness if he is interested. Iíll take anyone with any D1 talent at this point. I wish we could be more choosy at this point. Hopefully we can find another shooter as well and find a way to get him open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. We have 4 more schollies. Use them all.
__________________
Sam Houston State 26-8 and NIT appearance
OU 15-17. No postseason
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 07:23 PM   #16
mict085
All-American
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,926
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Do we have any chance to get this guy?
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 07:32 PM   #17
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,855
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsooner View Post
I would welcome him with happiness if he is interested. Iíll take anyone with any D1 talent at this point. I wish we could be more choosy at this point. Hopefully we can find another shooter as well and find a way to get him open.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:04 PM   #18
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,818
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Why in the world would we want him to get more if he isn't going to shoot it at a better percentage?

And if he can't get on the floor at UK as an elite rim defender, that speaks volumes. That is EXACTLY the kind of roster you can play an one dimensional guy on, one that is stacked everywhere else. Just like other players in recent years, when the talent around you isn't elite, your worts stick out even more.

Elite rim defending coming off our bench doesn't move the needle much for me in terms of wins/losses. If it does for you, great.
I donít want anyone that canít beat our Oscar Tshiebwe.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:15 PM   #19
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,861
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
I donít want anyone that canít beat our Oscar Tshiebwe.
If only that was the only guy he was behind.

Sheesh, educate yourself.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 08:30 PM   #20
allday92
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 877
Default Re: Collins in the portal now



Sounds like Cal still wants him to stay
allday92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 09:06 PM   #21
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,818
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
If only that was the only guy he was behind.

Sheesh, educate yourself.
SorryÖand Jacob Toppin, even though Collins doesnít compete with him in Calipariís dribble/drive. He was supposed to compete for the 5 this year. But the NIL made Oscar come back because he canít guard the P&R at all, so heís useless in the NBA. Hopefully Iíve educated myself as much as you.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:23 AM   #22
NYC-Fool
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 347
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Any smoke out there yet around where Collins is visiting/leaning?

Most believe he ends up close to home, and distance from his hometown to Norman is closer than any other school in the Big 12 except maybe Baylor.
NYC-Fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:31 AM   #23
TEvans4Three
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 239
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-Fool View Post
Any smoke out there yet around where Collins is visiting/leaning?

Most believe he ends up close to home, and distance from his hometown to Norman is closer than any other school in the Big 12 except maybe Baylor.
He has a "recent" follow on IG, Pop Isaacs (TT Guard)

Also following 2 OU basketball accounts on twitter as well
__________________
OUHoops 2023 Bracket Champion
TEvans4Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:47 AM   #24
TINY
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,370
Default Re: Collins in the portal now

I hope a richer sooner than me drops a bag on this man.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com