ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #26
TheMont
Role Player
 
TheMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 767
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Season View Post
He has us as a #4 seed with a possible second round rematch with Creighton. Call me crazy but I would love that matchup. I think we could pull a Villanova type turnaround game like they did on us our Final Four year.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...t-bracketology
It wouldn’t be a rematch with Creighton. We got blown out by Xavier earlier this season
TheMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:07 AM   #27
BanjoCharley
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,354
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Non-sequitur?
__________________
While you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts.
BanjoCharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:13 AM   #28
Sooner Season
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 154
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMont View Post
It wouldn’t be a rematch with Creighton. We got blown out by Xavier earlier this season
Oh you are correct Mont, I think I went back to last year. I think we played Creighton last year and beat them didn't we. Well, I would still love to match up with Xavier again!!
Sooner Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 10:59 AM   #29
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,610
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner Season View Post
Oh you are correct Mont, I think I went back to last year. I think we played Creighton last year and beat them didn't we. Well, I would still love to match up with Xavier again!!
We played them on the road last season. Lost by 10 points.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:00 PM   #30
Zimwillett
Role Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 746
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerbms View Post
We have eight games left. My prediction is that we go 4-4 with a sweep of Iowa State, a win over K State, and a Bedlam split. That would put us at 15-9 heading into the conference tournament. I wonder what kind of seed we'd be looking at at that point.
Hard to say for sure. A lot of it depends on how other teams currently in the same range do during the same stretch. Some of it depends on how those wins/losses/performances impact the various metrics the committee uses.

However, given the scenario you've laid out (a little pessimistic in my view, but I digress), I think that would put OU in the 6 seed range with a decent shot at a 5. OU already has a lot going for them. They play in the #1 RPI conference. They already have a ton of good ("Q1") wins. They don't have any bad losses (and wouldn't assuming they take care of business vs. ISU and KSU). Given the scenario you've laid out, I just don't think there will be 24 teams in the country with better resumes.
Zimwillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #31
Max Power
Elite Eight
 
Max Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,477
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimwillett View Post
Hard to say for sure. A lot of it depends on how other teams currently in the same range do during the same stretch. Some of it depends on how those wins/losses/performances impact the various metrics the committee uses.

However, given the scenario you've laid out (a little pessimistic in my view, but I digress), I think that would put OU in the 6 seed range with a decent shot at a 5. OU already has a lot going for them. They play in the #1 RPI conference. They already have a ton of good ("Q1") wins. They don't have any bad losses (and wouldn't assuming they take care of business vs. ISU and KSU). Given the scenario you've laid out, I just don't think there will be 24 teams in the country with better resumes.
if that's the case i would rather be a 6 than a 5. avoid the 5 vs 12 matchup, and avoid the 1 seed until the elite 8
__________________
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end." - Larry Bird

Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 09:40 PM   #32
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,355
Default Re: Lundardi's latest bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
if that's the case i would rather be a 6 than a 5. avoid the 5 vs 12 matchup, and avoid the 1 seed until the elite 8
That’s a very good point. You’d hate to be a four or five in a region with Gonzaga or Baylor. The other one seeds don’t worry me too much, although Nova could get on a roll if they ever get healthy and play regularly. But it would be awful to know you have Gonzaga or Baylor in your path at any point before the Elite 8.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:33 PM   #33
mict085
All-Conference
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Default Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

Espn now has Bama as a 1 seed. They’re a good team but I just don’t see them anywhere near a 1 seed. If they get that 1 seed, I would want OU to be a 4 seed in their regional.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:02 PM   #34
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,610
Default Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

Seth Davis, during the CBS halftime show of the KU-WVU game, gave OU a three seed.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 08:24 AM   #35
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 4,914
Default Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

OU a #2 in CBS (Palm) bracket

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 07:37 PM   #36
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 204
Default Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
Dont like that draw at all. OU's region is murderers row. Potential 2nd round matchup with wisky, then iowa, then the Zags. Near impossible path to the FF.

I do think we have a punchers chance of making the FF, but probably not in this hypothetical region.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:14 PM   #37
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,041
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

I'm dreading a re-hash of 1990. We come in seeded high (we obviously won't be #1, but still high) and are rewarded with an underachieving blue blood flush with future NBA talent. I can already see us staying hot, getting a 2, and seeing Carolina as the 7.

I have hated Rick Fox ever since.

Last edited by Sooner04; 02-22-2021 at 09:17 PM.
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:15 PM   #38
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,248
Default Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
Dont like that draw at all. OU's region is murderers row. Potential 2nd round matchup with wisky, then iowa, then the Zags. Near impossible path to the FF.

I do think we have a punchers chance of making the FF, but probably not in this hypothetical region.
Yup, there are a lot of tough matchups for us, but Gonzaga and Baylor are the two teams I don't see us beating. I also don't see any way that Garza doesn't eat us alive.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:20 PM   #39
WichitaSooner
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2,355
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
I'm dreading a re-hash of 1990. We come in seeded high (we obviously won't be #1, but still high) and are rewarded with an underachieving blue blood flush with future NBA talent. I can already see us staying hot, getting a 2, and seeing Carolina as the 7.

I have hated Rick Fox ever since.
I’ve had that same thought a time or twenty. Was thinking about watching Duke the other night. Sure wish they would just save everyone the trouble by not making the tournament.
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 10:14 PM   #40
stormspencer
Elite Eight
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 4,609
Default Re: updated OU #4 in current bracketology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
Yup, there are a lot of tough matchups for us, but Gonzaga and Baylor are the two teams I don't see us beating. I also don't see any way that Garza doesn't eat us alive.
I would probably put Michigan in that category as well....which is why I hope we end up in the Ohio State region. Would like to draw Bama again or Houston as our 2/3. My preference would be not to face Garza either.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 11:13 PM   #41
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,610
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner04 View Post
we obviously won't be #1, but still high
Parker Thune has a post up over at 247 where he offers a path for us to get a #1 seed (the Big 10 teams knocking each other off is his main argument), but that's a very long shot, I think.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:43 AM   #42
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 4,914
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
Parker Thune has a post up over at 247 where he offers a path for us to get a #1 seed (the Big 10 teams knocking each other off is his main argument), but that's a very long shot, I think.
if OU wins out (including the big 12 tourney ) they would have a very very good shot at a 1 seed
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 01:08 PM   #43
MrAnderson
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 204
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Lunardi has us as the 3 seed in Michigans region in his latest bracket. Our path if chalk were to hold would be: Liberty > Arkansas > Nova > Michigan.
MrAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 03:31 PM   #44
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,610
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
if OU wins out (including the big 12 tourney ) they would have a very very good shot at a 1 seed
I agree, but I would be surprised (and thrilled) if we were to win out, though I'm certainly not ruling it out.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:06 PM   #45
Eielson
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 2,248
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
if OU wins out (including the big 12 tourney ) they would have a very very good shot at a 1 seed
I like our odds of winning a national title if we win out.
Eielson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:53 AM   #46
BoulderSooner
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 4,914
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

ou #3 in new ESPN bracket
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 12:04 PM   #47
sanguinetti
Role Player
 
sanguinetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 724
Default Re: updated OU #2 in current CBS bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
I like our odds of winning a national title if we win out.
maybe, if we score more points than our opponent in each and every game.....then i like our chances.
sanguinetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:57 PM   #48
Soonerinkc
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,656
Default Re: updated OU #3 in current ESPN bracket

damn...I want some of what yall are drinking....winning the ncaa? getting a #1 seed?

I love my Sooners...but we just got beat by the #9 team in our 10 team conf...and the #10 team gave us all we wanted on both games.
Soonerinkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 03:04 PM   #49
skyvue
Final Four
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 6,610
Default Re: updated OU #3 in current ESPN bracket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerinkc View Post
damn...I want some of what yall are drinking....winning the ncaa? getting a #1 seed?

I love my Sooners...but we just got beat by the #9 team in our 10 team conf...and the #10 team gave us all we wanted on both games.
They're joking, I'm pretty sure, but really? We're going to focus on that loss with all those great wins preceding it? No one was more frustrated then me with the loss, but the tendency on the part of some posters to give MUCH more weight to a loss than to a string of wins against Top 15 opponents ... well, it's a head scratcher to me.

And let us not forget that #9 took texas to the wire not very long ago, and that #10 team hung with Baylor till very late in their game.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com