ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Old 08-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
Soonerguy06
Role Player

Default Baylor dismisses Scott-Grayson

this is the second year in a row that they have dismissed a promising star point guard for a violation of team rules. What gives here? are they recruiting the wrong type of players or are the rules to strict? Or is it a coincidence? Transfer Cooper will probably alleviate some of this pain I imagine. Any other team but Baylor and this might be a huge blow.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:19 PM   #2
sybarite
National Champion

Default Re: Baylor dismisses Scott-Grayson

With Baylor, you are inclined to look to things that you might not anticipate from other schools. It is possible that Scott-Grayson thought she was worth more than Kim thought. She was highly-recruited, and she was pretty close to last on most of the stat sheets last year. It looked like Landrum would be the likely starter if you considered assists.

But, there is also the fact that Baylor is recruiting two of the top ten guards in the country in Appleton and McLith, and both a PG first. McLith can be moved to off guard. There might be some concern about the presence of Scott-Grayson in recruiting.
sybarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #3
Mac
Administrator

Kid played for 3 high schools in 4 years, or 4 high schools in 5 years, I think she was on varsity as a 8th grader... similar to Dungee, sometimes players just like to move around... my guess is wherever she lands next won’t be her last stop.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:39 PM   #4
scrybe
All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
Kid played for 3 high schools in 4 years, or 4 high schools in 5 years, I think she was on varsity as a 8th grader... similar to Dungee, sometimes players just like to move around... my guess is wherever she lands next won’t be her last stop.
Don't necessarily disagree, Mac, but "liking to move around" isn't quite the same as being dismissed from the team.