ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #1
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,926
Default Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Likely the #1 overall pick in next year's draft. Texas no longer a lock to finish in the cellar. Everything I'd read had him as a lock to Kentucky or Duke.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #2
coolm
Final Four
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,239
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Likely the #1 overall pick in next year's draft. Texas no longer a lock to finish in the cellar. Everything I'd read had him as a lock to Kentucky or Duke.
remarkable recruiting coups for Texas. I watched him play in the McD's game and some other stuff and he's an amazing athlete. He's still working on his game but he has so much physical ability that it will be silly for most to match up with him.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,926
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
remarkable recruiting coups for Texas. I watched him play in the McD's game and some other stuff and he's an amazing athlete. He's still working on his game but he has so much physical ability that it will be silly for most to match up with him.

True. With Lattin and McNease we should be one of the only teams in the league that has athletes that are at least in his stratosphere. He's an older kid, so I'm guessing he won't struggle like some of the one and done kids have.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:54 AM   #4
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,768
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Shaka has to start getting results, but I figured he'd be able to recruit well to Texas.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:04 AM   #5
coolm
Final Four
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,239
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
Shaka has to start getting results, but I figured he'd be able to recruit well to Texas.
Boy he got a good one in Bamba. That kid is smart to boot. He was considering Ivy League and that was my pitch to his family when we were discussing it online. He's like a Bill Russell type in that he tries to play an all-around game.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #6
BoulderSooner
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 2,755
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry View Post
Likely the #1 overall pick in next year's draft. Texas no longer a lock to finish in the cellar. Everything I'd read had him as a lock to Kentucky or Duke.
he is not the likely #1

and he will have a hard time being as good on O as Allen was ..

on D he will be a monster
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
allday92
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 242
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
he is not the likely #1

and he will have a hard time being as good on O as Allen was ..

on D he will be a monster
Yup Bamba isn't #1 overall. Luka Doncic and Michael Porter Jr. will be the top 2 picks.
allday92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 06:54 PM   #8
tooney
Role Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 880
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolm View Post
Boy he got a good one in Bamba. That kid is smart to boot. He was considering Ivy League and that was my pitch to his family when we were discussing it online. He's like a Bill Russell type in that he tries to play an all-around game.
^^^^This!

Watched him on the all star game....saw his interview. Impressive!
__________________
I can't afford to hate people. I don't have that kind of time.
tooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 05:48 AM   #9
chuckb
Starter
 
chuckb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,340
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

They never were a likely lock for the cellar. They have a lot of talent returning, even without Jarrett Allen, and it's likely that Andrew Jones is going to remove his name from the NBA draft. They also have 1 of the top recruiting classes in the country coming in. They'll be good. I know a lot of people here like to bash on Shaka Smart and UT but I'd be surprised if they weren't back in the tourney next year.
chuckb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #10
152219
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,119
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

https://sports.yahoo.com/texas-respo...060646692.html
152219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 10:05 AM   #11
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,605
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by 152219 View Post
Uh, oh!

Guilty or not, these accusations are too serious for the NCAA to ignore. I'm betting Bamba will not see the floor in a UT uniform when the season tips off this fall.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:07 AM   #12
coolm
Final Four
 
coolm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,239
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

thats too bad. I was really looking forward to seeing that kid play.
coolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #13
Stikboy
Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,290
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Nah, none of these things ever stick to UT. I predict the UT mafia will "set this straight" and Bamba will be dunking in the Erwin Center in Nov.
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:55 AM   #14
CMSOONER
Starter
 
CMSOONER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,097
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

He will play the full season before anyting sticks. He'll declare for the draft and UT will have to vacate all wins for this season.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:29 PM   #15
BCSooners
Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Enid, OK
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Man by your brother because you couldn't get him into grad school? I bet he doesn't see a dime when Bamba makes the league.
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 09:11 AM   #16
SoonerBounce13
National Champion
 
SoonerBounce13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 8,583
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Lol all I can do is laugh.
__________________
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 10:09 AM   #17
WaymanFan
Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,334
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

I can't stand Texas, but for him to be ineligible there better be a lot more than ramblings from a bitter and disgruntled older brother.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 01:34 PM   #18
SuperHoops
Role Player
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 518
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaymanFan View Post
I can't stand Texas, but for him to be ineligible there better be a lot more than ramblings from a bitter and disgruntled older brother.
Most of it is unprovable unless there are actual bank transactions that can be traced. Or he has video evidence or incriminating e-mails.
SuperHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 07:42 AM   #19
sperry
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,926
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

What a piece of trash that guy is. Hopefully Bamba is able to play. God I hate the NCAA.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:23 PM   #20
soonerdanny
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 31
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
Uh, oh!

Guilty or not, these accusations are too serious for the NCAA to ignore. I'm betting Bamba will not see the floor in a UT uniform when the season tips off this fall.
Doubtful. Looks like the NCAA already cleared the relationship between Bamba and the guy his brother is talking about a while back.

Bamba's brother appears to be quite the piece of work and is probably headed to jail soon. And now the idiot will never see a dime from his brother's NBA millions. A truly stupid and worthless human being.

http://247sports.com/Article/Exclusi...onds--53379813
soonerdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 04:47 PM   #21
AdaSooner
Administrator
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 12,605
Default Re: Mohamad Bamba to Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerdanny View Post
Doubtful. Looks like the NCAA already cleared the relationship between Bamba and the guy his brother is talking about a while back.

Bamba's brother appears to be quite the piece of work and is probably headed to jail soon. And now the idiot will never see a dime from his brother's NBA millions. A truly stupid and worthless human being.

http://247sports.com/Article/Exclusi...onds--53379813
Good to know this young man will not have to go through a lengthy delay to start his college career, as the victim of his own estranged brother. You're being kind when you call the brother a "worthless human being!"
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com