ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2022, 06:35 AM   #1
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Title odds for 2023

With just Wilson coming back, I think UNC is the favorite to win it all easily next year.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 06:51 AM   #2
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,425
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
With just Wilson coming back, I think UNC is the favorite to win it all easily next year.
lol
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:17 AM   #3
mict085
All-American
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,534
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
With just Wilson coming back, I think UNC is the favorite to win it all easily next year.
Easily? Thatís laughable.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
Easily? Thatís laughable.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2022-23

They have 4 of 5 starters returning to their team from a National Championship PLAYING team. How is this even a conversation? They're clearly the favorite going into next year. SERIOUSLY?
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:41 AM   #5
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
lol
You guys are interesting nonetheless. Returning 4 of 5 starters from a National Championship game team and you think they aren't easily the favorite to win it all right now?

Me reading this place sometimes:
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:50 AM   #6
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Every player OU gets is a "great get" and a National Title team that was in the National title game that returns 4 of 5 starters is not the favorite to OUHoops going into next season but is the favorite everywhere else? Got it. Sound and solid logic here per usual.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:52 AM   #7
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,425
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2022-23

They have 4 of 5 starters returning to their team from a National Championship PLAYING team. How is this even a conversation? They're clearly the favorite going into next year. SERIOUSLY?
they went on a crazy good run and played much better in the tourney then they did all season ...

they are currently the 5th favorite (tied) to win the title next year ... not the Favorite ..
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:06 AM   #8
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
they went on a crazy good run and played much better in the tourney then they did all season ...

they are currently the 5th favorite (tied) to win the title next year ... not the Favorite ..
https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/le...tball/88670771

They're either first or second best odds everywhere. LOL.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:11 AM   #9
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,425
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/le...tball/88670771

They're either first or second best odds everywhere. LOL.
lol they are 3rd in what you linked ...

and that was from april 3rd ...
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:14 AM   #10
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
lol they are 3rd in what you linked ...

and that was from april 3rd ...
That's literally the only one I found. Gonzaga could've missed the Tourney if Timme didn't come back. I can't find any updated Odds for 2023 anywhere.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:17 AM   #11
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nkings-2022-23

May 31st update.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #12
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,425
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
That's literally the only one I found. Gonzaga could've missed the Tourney if Timme didn't come back. I can't find any updated Odds for 2023 anywhere.



literally you said they were 1st or 2nd "everywhere"

and then linked a site where they were 3rd ...

lol

https://www.actionnetwork.com/ncaab/...ent-title-odds
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:20 AM   #13
BoulderSooner
Owner/Operator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: OKlahoma City
Posts: 7,425
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
Gonzaga could've missed the Tourney if Timme didn't come back.
lol not so much
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:30 AM   #14
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,224
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
That's literally the only one I found. Gonzaga could've missed the Tourney if Timme didn't come back. I can't find any updated Odds for 2023 anywhere.
Lolololololololol
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:01 AM   #15
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,601
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

I wonder if this guy is as despised on UNC boards as he is here.

Iím sure UNC will win every game by 20+ next season and be the first team since Indiana to go undefeated. They will probably be better than several NBA teams. Hubert Davis will become the next Olympic coach, and they will rename the Dean Dome for Bacot.

Gonzaga will barely make the tourney since they obviously havenít been nearly as good on a consistent basis as Carolina in the recent past. In fact, did they have a program before Timme?
WichitaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 09:35 AM   #16
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,957
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
I wonder if this guy is as despised on UNC boards as he is here.

Iím sure UNC will win every game by 20+ next season and be the first team since Indiana to go undefeated. They will probably be better than several NBA teams. Hubert Davis will become the next Olympic coach, and they will rename the Dean Dome for Bacot.

Gonzaga will barely make the tourney since they obviously havenít been nearly as good on a consistent basis as Carolina in the recent past. In fact, did they have a program before Timme?
I mean the guy has had some rough posts but why is everyone jumping all over the guy and having a long drawn out linguistics argument over his opinion? Were supposed to discuss topics on here, no?

Explain who you think will be the (or your) favorite or explain why you think hes wrong.. why is everyone so up tight here?
__________________
Porter Moser's Sooners = National Champions by 2026!
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:38 AM   #17
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus
 
AdaSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 15,864
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
I mean the guy has had some rough posts but why is everyone jumping all over the guy and having a long drawn out linguistics argument over his opinion? Were supposed to discuss topics on here, no?

Explain who you think will be the (or your) favorite or explain why you think hes wrong.. why is everyone so up tight here?
I get what you’re saying, hoopsaustin. As you know, I have defended that position for a very long time!

This OP brought the reaction you’re objecting to on himself by picking a fight from the start with nearly every regular on this board. He seems to think showing a little humility sometimes is a weakness.

Even I cannot support someone who seems to enjoy getting people riled up for no obvious reason. If his behavior changes, I might change my mind.
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:01 PM   #18
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms
Role Player
 
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 858
Default

Interesting that the Big 12 has 5 teams in that Top 25. Can the Big 12 make it 3 NCs in a row?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 03:14 PM   #19
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,957
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
https://sportsbook.draftkings.com/le...tball/88670771

They're either first or second best odds everywhere. LOL.
If i mathed correctly, we are the 43rd best odds!
__________________
Porter Moser's Sooners = National Champions by 2026!
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #20
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,224
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarheelstateSooner View Post
That's literally the only one I found. Gonzaga could've missed the Tourney if Timme didn't come back. I can't find any updated Odds for 2023 anywhere.


Glad timme came backÖ or tournament was in jeopardy! Knowledge
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 05:34 PM   #21
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,569
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronHoustonsSweatyPalms View Post
Interesting that the Big 12 has 5 teams in that Top 25. Can the Big 12 make it 3 NCs in a row?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Should be the best conference once again
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 10:02 AM   #22
Maverick008
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 270
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
I mean the guy has had some rough posts but why is everyone jumping all over the guy and having a long drawn out linguistics argument over his opinion? Were supposed to discuss topics on here, no?

Explain who you think will be the (or your) favorite or explain why you think hes wrong.. why is everyone so up tight here?
An opinion is one thing. A completely biased opinion is another thing. The comment of ďeasilyĒ win it next year because they return 4 of 5 starters from a National championship team sounds great and all until you look at the rest of what that team did for the entire season. And who that one returning starter is and what that guy did for them. The national title run they made wouldnít have happened without that one starter they donít have returning.

Could they make a run at the title again? Sure. Should they have the highest odds to win it based on 4 of 5 returning starters not so much. Those guys are good no doubt but they have plenty of flaws. Not to mention when the starters werenít good, they didnít have a bench to fall back on.

Also, lets wait until free agenÖ.errr the portal is completely done with before starting that talk JMOÖ
Maverick008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 03:28 PM   #23
stormspencer
Elite Eight
 
stormspencer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 4,898
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
I get what you’re saying, hoopsaustin. As you know, I have defended that position for a very long time!

This OP brought the reaction you’re objecting to on himself by picking a fight from the start with nearly every regular on this board. He seems to think showing a little humility sometimes is a weakness.

Even I cannot support someone who seems to enjoy getting people riled up for no obvious reason. If his behavior changes, I might change my mind.
I'm with you Ada. I have nothing personal against this fella, but he pretty much brings it on himself. I think UNC is certainly among a handful of favorites to win it all next year....but they certainly are NOT "easily the favorite". I don't know why it couldn't have been stated that way.
stormspencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:56 AM   #24
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Transfer Portal Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTalk View Post
Lolololololololol
Timme coming back was the biggest one.

Last edited by TarheelstateSooner; 06-04-2022 at 05:59 AM.
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 05:56 AM   #25
TarheelstateSooner
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Posts: 398
Default Re: Title odds for 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick008 View Post
An opinion is one thing. A completely biased opinion is another thing. The comment of “easily” win it next year because they return 4 of 5 starters from a National championship team sounds great and all until you look at the rest of what that team did for the entire season. And who that one returning starter is and what that guy did for them. The national title run they made wouldn’t have happened without that one starter they don’t have returning.

Could they make a run at the title again? Sure. Should they have the highest odds to win it based on 4 of 5 returning starters not so much. Those guys are good no doubt but they have plenty of flaws. Not to mention when the starters weren’t good, they didn’t have a bench to fall back on.

Also, lets wait until free agen….errr the portal is completely done with before starting that talk JMO…
I said easily the favorite. Not to easily win it all. Jesus.

There is literally no team returning the NCAA Tournament MVP in Bacot, and 3 other starters like UNC. You guys are also ignoring the fact that UNC is returning a guy that got 12 points off the bench in the Title game as the Starter. I don't understand this place anymore. People think they know basketball, then want to argue. No one is returning what UNC is returning, period.

Seth Trimble a Freshman at UNC just made the Under 18 USABB roster too. I guess he's just trash huh?
TarheelstateSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com