ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2021, 07:16 PM   #1
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,224
Default Frank Haith update

Lost 6 of 8.... can’t wait for bounce back!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:50 PM   #2
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: Frank Haith update

I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
__________________
Porter Moser[list][*]Coolest name in college basketball
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #3
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,435
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
I'm not convinced you wouldn't enjoy it, so I think I'll pass.
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:30 PM   #4
Sooner04
All-Conference
 
Sooner04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,293
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
The heart loves what it loves, abd. You keep on beating that TU drum and maybe they'll get their act back together. Someday. They can't hire a HOF coach every time out, but I bet they can do better than that sleaze, Haith.

You be you, buddy. But know this, the JUCOs are a wasteland these days. High school guards, and lots of them! Maybe a forward or two who is undersized with broad shoulders. That's the ticket!
Sooner04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:44 PM   #5
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,224
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
I’m just messing. Baylor got scared so it’s a long game week!!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #6
cvangild
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 853
Default Re: Frank Haith update

But I though Frank was TEN TIMES the coach LK is??? SMH
cvangild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #7
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Haith is flat-out terrible.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:19 PM   #8
skyvue
National Champion
 
skyvue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 7,435
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
Haith is flat-out terrible.
But, to his credit, he's only gotten two programs in trouble with the NCAA (so far).
__________________
“When most people say they are being 'realistic,' they delude themselves; they are simply being negative.”
—Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
skyvue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:49 PM   #9
WaymanFan
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,374
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
Although I vehemently disagreed with your initial praise from the very beginning, I always admired the fact that you do throw a lot of things at the wall...and some of it definitely sticks.
WaymanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 04:51 PM   #10
TINY
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,807
Talking Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
Props for owning the bad hot take, ABD. You are a good poster!
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 06:45 PM   #11
scrybe
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,476
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Props for owning the bad hot take, ABD. You are a good poster!
Big is a little like many of us on this board. He shoots from the hip – and misses (sometimes).

But you're right. He is a good poster.
__________________
Sent from my MacMini using my left index finger.
scrybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:41 PM   #12
CoachTalk
National Champion
 
CoachTalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 9,224
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Out at tulsa.

Fire Moser. Hire Haith

Gofundme.com/ABDstillaGOODposter!!!!
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:42 PM   #13
hoopsaustin
Final Four
 
hoopsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakland, Maine
Posts: 6,957
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyvue View Post
I'm not convinced you wouldn't enjoy it, so I think I'll pass.
Lol
__________________
Porter Moser's Sooners = National Champions by 2026!
hoopsaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:20 PM   #14
sheepdogs1
Final Four
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 6,823
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.

Heating element for tar arrives this weekend.
sheepdogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 05:37 PM   #15
BCSooners
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: OK
Posts: 4,569
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I've got a good ass kicking coming up on this... sometimes that happens. Best thing I can do is show up to the town square and take what's coming to me.

Carry on with your beatings of me.... someone get the tar and feather.
Helluva way to approach this. I respect it man
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2022, 10:23 PM   #16
NickZepp
National Champion
 
NickZepp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 12,453
Default Re: Frank Haith update

He steps down.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...-memories-made
NickZepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 10:15 AM   #17
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,382
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
A potential target for Tulsa, sources told ESPN, could be St. John's coach Mike Anderson. Anderson played for two years at Tulsa and spent three years as an assistant coach to start his coaching career.
Not sure how the TU alumnus in me would feel about that hire. Would prefer to see them go younger. Go back to finding the next up-and-coming coach, even if that means losing them every few years.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 11:10 AM   #18
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: Frank Haith update

I would be ecstatic if TU hired Mike Anderson.

My top targets:

Mike Anderson - Currently at St Johns
Dana Ford - Currently at Missouri State
David Patrick - Head assistant at University of Arkansas
Cuonzo Martin - Recently let go from University of Missouri
Doug Gottlieb - Because, why not

Mike Anderson and Cuonzo Martin are the experienced hires... Dana Ford and David Patrick are the rising stars.... and Gottlieb is the total X-factor who wants to prove himself to get the OSU job.
__________________
Porter Moser[list][*]Coolest name in college basketball
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 12:00 PM   #19
sdcloud9
Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,452
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
I would be ecstatic if TU hired Mike Anderson.

My top targets:

Mike Anderson - Currently at St Johns
Dana Ford - Currently at Missouri State
David Patrick - Head assistant at University of Arkansas
Cuonzo Martin - Recently let go from University of Missouri
Doug Gottlieb - Because, why not

Mike Anderson and Cuonzo Martin are the experienced hires... Dana Ford and David Patrick are the rising stars.... and Gottlieb is the total X-factor who wants to prove himself to get the OSU job.
I know it's a Freudian slip but Patrick is at OU now.
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 12:18 PM   #20
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: Frank Haith update

If I'm Tulsa, my list looks like this:

Head Coaches

Grant McCasland (North Texas)
Nick McDevitt (Middle Tennessee State)
Andy Kennedy (Alabama-Birmingham)
Eric Konkol (Louisiana Tech) - former Tulsa student assistant
Dennis Gates (Cleveland State)
John Groce (Akron)
Darian DeVries (Drake)
Jeff Linder (Wyoming)
Matt McMahon (Murray State)
Dustin Kerns (Appalachian State)
Eric Henderson (South Dakota State)
Chris Jans (New Mexico State)
Todd Golden (San Francisco)
Niko Medved (Colorado State)
Drew Valentine (Loyola-Chicago)
Bob Richey (Furman)
Richie Riley (South Alabama)
Shantay Legans (Portland)
Mark Prosser (Winthrop)
Joe Golding (Texas-El Paso)
Jordan Mincy (Jacksonville)
Dana Ford (Missouri State)


Not at a school right now

Chris Mack (Louisville/Xavier)
Mark Turgeon (Maryland/Xavier/Texas A&M)
Archie Miller (Dayton/Indiana)

Assistants

David Patrick (Oklahoma)
Jerome Tang (Baylor)
Roger Powell Jr (Gonzaga)
Brian Michaelson (Gonzaga)
Alvin Brooks III (Baylor)

.....I need to dive deeper. This was a fast run through.

Mike Anderson &/or Cuonzo Martin aren't candidates thankfully (I say that as a semi-TU fan).

Last edited by NAIA All-Star; 03-13-2022 at 12:20 PM.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:37 AM   #21
thebigabd
National Champion
 
thebigabd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 13,312
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
If I'm Tulsa, my list looks like this:

Head Coaches

Grant McCasland (North Texas)
Nick McDevitt (Middle Tennessee State)
Andy Kennedy (Alabama-Birmingham)
Eric Konkol (Louisiana Tech) - former Tulsa student assistant
Dennis Gates (Cleveland State)
John Groce (Akron)
Darian DeVries (Drake)
Jeff Linder (Wyoming)
Matt McMahon (Murray State)
Dustin Kerns (Appalachian State)
Eric Henderson (South Dakota State)
Chris Jans (New Mexico State)
Todd Golden (San Francisco)
Niko Medved (Colorado State)
Drew Valentine (Loyola-Chicago)
Bob Richey (Furman)
Richie Riley (South Alabama)
Shantay Legans (Portland)
Mark Prosser (Winthrop)
Joe Golding (Texas-El Paso)
Jordan Mincy (Jacksonville)
Dana Ford (Missouri State)


Not at a school right now

Chris Mack (Louisville/Xavier)
Mark Turgeon (Maryland/Xavier/Texas A&M)
Archie Miller (Dayton/Indiana)

Assistants

David Patrick (Oklahoma)
Jerome Tang (Baylor)
Roger Powell Jr (Gonzaga)
Brian Michaelson (Gonzaga)
Alvin Brooks III (Baylor)

.....I need to dive deeper. This was a fast run through.

Mike Anderson &/or Cuonzo Martin aren't candidates thankfully (I say that as a semi-TU fan).
Lots of great coaches on your list... The problem is, TU isn't a step up for a lot of them. Niko Medved, Eric Konkol, Grant McCasland.. Those guys are going to P5 jobs.

Dana Ford makes the most sense for the "up and coming" hire.... Mike Anderson makes the most sense for the flip side of that coin.

As for TU on the whole... I think they made serious mistakes with their conference changes. They say TU was the original Gonzaga, but what Gonzaga didn't do is change leagues several times and get into a total trap league (Missouri Valley to WAC, WAC to CUSA, CUSA to American).... The American is a trap for a school like TU. It's a one bid league that is a lot more competitive than lots of other 1 bid leagues. TU needs to be in a league where they are the favorite most years, like Gonzaga.

TU has football considerations that Gonzaga doesn't have, but either way its a total trap.

There are lots of basketball conferences that have a sensible geographic area for schools the size of TU.

The MAC:
Toledo - Ohio - Buffalo - Akron - Central Mich - Eastern Mich - Western Mich, etc...

West Coast:
Gonzaga - St Marys - Santa Clara - San Francisco - Portland - Pepperdine - Pacific, etc...

Big Sky:
Montana - Idaho - Idaho State - Montana State - Eastern WA, etc...

TU needs to go back to the Missouri Valley or something...... In a perfect world, TU would be better off in a basketball only league again of similar sized schools. Separate football and basketball again.

Conference alignments are really messed up right now, and continue to get worse and more illogical as schools make changes.

TU should play in a league with small private schools in the region, like them. The Missouri Valley fits that bill. Lots of the schools in that league have similar enrollment and characteristics of TU.
__________________
Porter Moser[list][*]Coolest name in college basketball
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #22
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16
 
NAIA All-Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: OK
Posts: 3,780
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Lots of great coaches on your list... The problem is, TU isn't a step up for a lot of them. Niko Medved, Eric Konkol, Grant McCasland.. Those guys are going to P5 jobs.

Dana Ford makes the most sense for the "up and coming" hire.... Mike Anderson makes the most sense for the flip side of that coin.

As for TU on the whole... I think they made serious mistakes with their conference changes. They say TU was the original Gonzaga, but what Gonzaga didn't do is change leagues several times and get into a total trap league (Missouri Valley to WAC, WAC to CUSA, CUSA to American).... The American is a trap for a school like TU. It's a one bid league that is a lot more competitive than lots of other 1 bid leagues. TU needs to be in a league where they are the favorite most years, like Gonzaga.

TU has football considerations that Gonzaga doesn't have, but either way its a total trap.

There are lots of basketball conferences that have a sensible geographic area for schools the size of TU.

The MAC:
Toledo - Ohio - Buffalo - Akron - Central Mich - Eastern Mich - Western Mich, etc...

West Coast:
Gonzaga - St Marys - Santa Clara - San Francisco - Portland - Pepperdine - Pacific, etc...

Big Sky:
Montana - Idaho - Idaho State - Montana State - Eastern WA, etc...

TU needs to go back to the Missouri Valley or something...... In a perfect world, TU would be better off in a basketball only league again of similar sized schools. Separate football and basketball again.

Conference alignments are really messed up right now, and continue to get worse and more illogical as schools make changes.

TU should play in a league with small private schools in the region, like them. The Missouri Valley fits that bill. Lots of the schools in that league have similar enrollment and characteristics of TU.
I hear you on the first part. I was just running through some names mostly based on their coaching records/performance. A lot of those names will land at a better program or get raises to stay where they're at. And I don't have inside knowledge on what TU's willing to pay at the moment which has a lot of bearing on who they can/can't get. My assumption is $1-1.5 million.

On the flipside, I don't have many sources but I was told Anderson isn't a legit option...but as always, we'll see what's real/fake. For Tulsa's sake, I hope he isn't. He's 62 y/o and Tulsa needs a splash of new energy. JMO. And I really doubt TU goes back to the failed-at-Mizzou well with Cuonzo (great man, average coach).

I also agree on TU in the AAC. When that happened, I knew they'd struggle especially in basketball. I do miss the MVC days.
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 11:06 AM   #23
TINY
All-American
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,807
Default Re: Frank Haith update

TU need to stay away from our assistants. This bunch is going to do some great things in Norman for as long as they stay together.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 12:34 PM   #24
WTSooner
National Champion
 
WTSooner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,382
Default Re: Frank Haith update

The AAC is about to get weaker with UH, UCF, and Cincy leaving.
__________________
I hate to lose more than I like to win. - Larry Bird, 1998
WTSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 07:06 PM   #25
mict085
All-American
 
mict085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,534
Default Re: Frank Haith update

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTSooner View Post
The AAC is about to get weaker with UH, UCF, and Cincy leaving.
The Big12 is about to get weaker with OU and texas leaving.
mict085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com