ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings NET bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 06-04-2022, 10:13 AM   #1
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16

Default Moser hires Matt Brady

https://umterps.com/sports/mens-bask...matt-brady/617
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #2
NAIA All-Star
Sweet 16

Default Re: Moser hires Matt Brady

"Matt Brady was named an assistant men's basketball coach on May 18, 2022"

https://elonphoenix.com/staff-directory/matt-brady/475
NAIA All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:27 AM   #3
pnkranger
All-American

This definitely fits Moser's MO of hiring former head coaches into these roles. Will be interesting to see how he fits in.
pnkranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:40 AM   #4
WichitaSooner
Sweet 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAIA All-Star View Post
"Matt Brady was named an assistant men's basketball coach on May 18, 2022"

https://elonphoenix.com/staff-directory/matt-brady/475
He really made a big impression in his two weeks there!
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 10:50 AM   #5
TINY
All-American

Looks like a good hire to me.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 11:08 AM   #6
MJSooner
Role Player

Posted this on TOS, but not a bad hire by Moser.

Really solid experience both as a HC and AC. Known for player development. If I remember correctly, he was responsible for the recruiting, and development, of Jameer Nelson and Delonte West when he was at St Joe's. I remember him at James Madison and thought he did a good job of elevating the program in talent after Lefty. Everywhere he's gone, the guards have improved. Maryland even had a couple of decent recruiting classes when Turgeon first hired him but faltered the last couple of years.

My first thought is this is a Jim Molinari type hire, but maybe a slight upgrade as I think he might be a little better in recruiting than Molinari was. I also feel Moser needed some actual coaching and development help, compared to what we had last year in Turner and Patrick. They had good connections and got talent at previous stops, but not sure what contribution they made as actual assistants and player development.

The biggest negative in my mind is he came from Turgeon's staff. But overlooking that, he is probably just the type of AC Moser needs right now. It is a little disappointing it's not a hire with regional and local recruiting connections.

Probably hard to call it a HR hire until we see how well he can help recruit, but the rest of the resume is REALLY solid.
MJSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 12:46 PM   #7
AdaSooner
Admin Emeritus

I like the hire! My concern is will Brady stay longer than two of Moserís previous hires?

Good assistants may not stay in one place too long. I get that. But their accomplishments will almost alway be small if they leave before unpacking their bags from the move to Oklahoma!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 01:14 PM   #8
Seymore Cox
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaSooner View Post
I like the hire! My concern is will Brady stay longer than two of Moserís previous hires?

Good assistants may not stay in one place too long. I get that. But their accomplishments will almost alway be small if they leave before unpacking their bags from the move to Oklahoma!
Iím going to guess that maybe this is someone he trusts with Xs and Os Iím practice and game prep. Itís my understanding that he didnít trust the other 2 assistantsÖ..

To be honest, assistants are almost obsolete, because connections with AAU programs and high school coaches mean 0 if you canít get a difference maker at-least 10 to 20k.
Old 06-04-2022, 01:52 PM   #9
BCSooners
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymore Cox View Post
Iím going to guess that maybe this is someone he trusts with Xs and Os Iím practice and game prep. Itís my understanding that he didnít trust the other 2 assistantsÖ..

To be honest, assistants are almost obsolete, because connections with AAU programs and high school coaches mean 0 if you canít get a difference maker at-least 10 to 20k.
Huh?
BCSooners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 03:28 PM   #10
CoachTalk
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymore Cox View Post

You keep being up the assistants. Many did scouting reports. Wasnít just his guys.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote