ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 03-04-2020, 06:26 PM   #1
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Default OU at TCU

We have looked pretty good in the first quarter. We lead 25 - 23 at the end of the first.

Ana hit a 12 foot jumper with a couple of seconds left to give us the lead.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:04 PM   #2
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Default Re: OU at TCU

As usual we quit in Q2, so at halftime it is 42-35 TCU.

We score only 10 points the entire 2nd quarter.

Simpson has 3 fouls already by the way.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #3
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

OMG! Humiliating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:28 PM   #4
kimard
Walk-on

We are such a train wreck.
kimard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:30 PM   #5
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

OK. Another miserable quarter. I think they said we had hit 1 out of 14 straight shots at one point. Wow.

It is 71 - 46 at the end of three quarters. FOUR (4) points in the entire quarter. Is that even possible? Wow. But I guess it is since it just happened. And even worse it would be just 21 points in 2 quarters - equal to a half of basketball.
Old 03-04-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

I am on the edge of being shocked at how bad we are tonight. This is very close to a total collapse. Sherri looks stunned on the bench.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:00 PM   #7
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Two more games and this season will be mercifully over and with it maybe the end of Sherri’s tenure as OU Women’s basketball head coach.

Old 03-04-2020, 08:01 PM   #8
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

I honestly don't understand how this has happened. It's not like we are just losing. We don't even begin to compete with anyone.

It ended at 96-71 because TCU just emptied their bench in an act of mercy.

Can anyone explain what has happened. Now one factor is Ana being injured all year - virtually without ever being fouled - according to Big-12 officials.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:20 PM   #9
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

OK, better sit down for some even worse news.

It appears to me we are likely to end up tied with Kansas in the cellar since it will take a true miracle for us to win our final game.

If it plays out that way, consider this: According to the tie breaker rules - as I read them - we will lose the tie breaker to Kansas due to their win over Texas a couple of weeks ago. That means they split with Texas, while we lost to Texas twice (of course).

Wow.

So the only suspense left is this: Can we somehow avoid being the dead last seed in the Conference tournament?

I ask again. How has this happened??????
Old 03-04-2020, 11:43 PM   #10
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

You know darn well how this happened. Sherri thinking she’s the Queen of Sheba and she answers to no one.

Old 03-05-2020, 07:58 AM   #11
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
OK, better sit down for some even worse news.

It appears to me we are likely to end up tied with Kansas in the cellar since it will take a true miracle for us to win our final game.

If it plays out that way, consider this: According to the tie breaker rules - as I read them - we will lose the tie breaker to Kansas due to their win over Texas a couple of weeks ago. That means they split with Texas, while we lost to Texas twice (of course).

Wow.

So the only suspense left is this: Can we somehow avoid being the dead last seed in the Conference tournament?

In order for Kansas to tie with OU for 9th in the conference Kansas (4-13) has to beat KSU in Manhattan Sunday and OU (5-12) has to lose to Tech in Norman Saturday.

https://big12sports.com/standings.as...21&path=wbball

I ask again. How has this happened??????
In order for Kansas to tie with OU for 9th in the conference Kansas (4-13) has to beat KSU in Manhattan Sunday and OU (5-12) has to lose to Tech in Norman Saturday.

Old 03-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #12
atlantasooner
All-Conference

The team has flat out quit on Sherri. 90+ points to TCU, I'd say defensive effort is
at an all time low.
I think that the team knows that Sherri is done.
None of the current team really knows the new assistants so there's no real energy
or connection there. Sherri's boy is so irrelevant that he's not worth mentioning.
It certainly looks like Sherri has quit coaching.
Getting pounded by TCU is flat out embarrasing.
In many ways, this year is worse than last year because of the all the sophomores and
Juniors that should be improved. But again are not.

The stench of the program calls for a complete cleaning out. Head coach, assistants,
all the way down to S/C etc..Everything is old and stale in Norman.
atlantasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #13
oketex
Walk-on

Guys I watched the game last night and not one time did I get upset over any of the plays, in years past I would be yelling and clapping but not any more I just sit and shake my head. My wife didn't even know I was watching the OU women until she walked into the den.

There is nothing left of OU Women's Basketball, Joe C get off your a** and make things happen.

Boomer Sooner
oketex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 06:54 PM   #14
j2d2
All-American

I feel sorry for the new asistan ts Sherri just hired. Brpoiught in just to help recruiting and probably not given much opportunity to contribute teaching and coaching.
j2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 08:07 PM   #15
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post

Exactly. And your point shows how reasonable it is to realize that we have sunk to the point that one game by these two teams could easily result in us hitting the bottom. Really frustrating.

Suddenly we have to count on K State beating Kansas to avoid one more loss by OU landing us literally in last place instead of just close to the bottom.

Wow.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:07 PM   #16
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Spock, my man, guess which one of those things is most sure to happen.
Old 03-05-2020, 09:10 PM   #17
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

24 hours after we lose our initial tournament game, she should be fired. Boom. Sunday afternoon it's either she announces she's retiring or kick her fanny to the curb publicly before 6 p.m. (We don't want to miss the evening news)!
Old 03-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #18
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

I still think that Sherri will be back for 2020-21. But I hope she has the pride to retire despite finishing her career with 55 losses her last 3 seasons just like see started her first 3 seasons with 55 losses.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:51 PM   #19
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Well, I hope your wrong, my friend, and she either retires or Joe fires her. It's gotten beyond pathetic and I think it will end that way in the last two games of this season.
Old 03-06-2020, 12:28 AM   #20
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight

The one good thing is if she is retiring that has already been decided and Joe C. should be well into the process of selecting a new coach perhaps even having identified his guy/gal. If so I would expect Sherri to announce her retirement no later than Friday or Saturday March 13 or 14. But in that regard I may be too optimistic.
Old 03-06-2020, 01:00 AM   #21
soonermom1000
Walk-on

Just watched the Sooner Sports Talk Show. Coach Washington filled in for Sherri. They said Sherri is out recruiting. This also happened 3 weeks ago, and they said the same thing....Sherri was out recruiting.... Interesting??????
soonermom1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 01:08 AM   #22
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16

Great, no matter whether she stays or goes. We definitely need better players. But I wouldn’t sign with OU now if I was an 18-year-old kid.

No one wants to play on a losing team with a coach that has 10 straight years of ever-worsening records.

Old 03-06-2020, 07:24 AM   #23
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerSpock View Post
I still think that Sherri will be back for 2020-21. But I hope she has the pride to retire despite finishing her career with 55 losses her last 3 seasons just like see started her first 3 seasons with 55 losses.
Well, that's the epitome of "coming full circle"! I don't think she has what it takes to back away (retire) from that kind of money/overpaid salary and perks. An increase of money doesn't change people, it just makes them more of what they already were.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:32 AM   #24
Soonerbay
Role Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
Great, no matter whether she stays or goes. We definitely need better players. But I wouldn’t sign with OU now if I was an 18-year-old kid.

No one wants to play on a losing team with a coach that has 10 straight years of ever-worsening records.

Exactly. The program lost respect years ago...she/they showed that they don't know what to do when they "win the lottery"! They didn't invest and count their blessings...somehow thought she/they were entitled. When you don't do right (recruit, develop...), it comes back to bite you in the butt.
Soonerbay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:15 AM   #25
Soonerguy06
Role Player

The first time I started thinking SC wasn't a great coach was after we only made 1 Final Four appearance with the Paris twins. The second time I noticed it was in 2014 when we were favored to win the Big 12 and then barely even had a winning season. After that season we've progressively gotten worse. The last time we were even competitive was when we had Peyton Little and I only believe SC took her bc she looked the OU type. I don't think we will ever get back to even that level under this staff. Very sad times for fans of OUWBB.
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote