ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Women's Hoops Talk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
j2d2
All-American
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 3,099
Default What did the new assistants contribute?

I'm no basketball guru-just a long time fan. I had hoped that getting two new assistants whose resumes offered some hope, that we would improve. I dont think we did. Why? Are we back to the rumor that Sherry doesnt let her assistants have anything substantial to contribute? Incompetent assistants(I
dont think so)? It just seems odd to me.
j2d2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
Oliver Hardy
Sweet 16
 
Oliver Hardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,683
Default

I have reason to believe she is drastically limiting their involvement, but I can’t say more at this time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oliver Hardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:40 PM   #3
22dupree
Walk-on
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 309
Default Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver Hardy View Post
I have reason to believe she is drastically limiting their involvement, but I can’t say more at this time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If so, that's too bad.
Do you think they'll return next season?
22dupree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 04:44 PM   #4
Soonerguy06
Role Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 691
Default Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

Throughout the season I saw several posts where people thought Jackie stiles helped with Taylor Robertson's overall game, but I'm not so sure. I feel like Taylor is a gym rat and a hard worker and she got better due to natural progression and hard work. IMO it might take a couple seasons to see any results from them and we should give them a break their first season because they were just hired months before the season started. if we don't see a real difference after next season we know they're essentially pointless either because they are, or SC just wants all the control. I don't know what Washington contributes, if anything. Style seems like she could be an asset though, if SC allows her to be.

I want to see SC gone and if it means losing the entire staff then so be it. I'm tired of following a team that's an embarrassment. games are supposed to be relatively fun to watch even if you lose, watching these girls play is just bad for my health!
Soonerguy06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:22 PM   #5
Sweetest OU Girl
All-Conference
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sooner Heaven
Posts: 1,831
Default Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

It was strange today at the semi-finals. I did not see any of our assistants even on the bench. Surely SC hasn't fired all of them.

And the shock with neither OKie State or Baylor even managing to score a single point against Thursday or yesterday. It is the best defensive strategy we know how to play - or coach.

Unfortunately almost no one showed up for the semi-final. In fact I honestly didn't see a single other fan in the stands. Our home attendance woes have apparently transitioned to the tournament.
Sweetest OU Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #6
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,551
Default Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerguy06 View Post
Throughout the season I saw several posts where people thought Jackie stiles helped with Taylor Robertson's overall game, but I'm not so sure. I feel like Taylor is a gym rat and a hard worker and she got better due to natural progression and hard work. IMO it might take a couple seasons to see any results from them and we should give them a break their first season because they were just hired months before the season started. if we don't see a real difference after next season we know they're essentially pointless either because they are, or SC just wants all the control. I don't know what Washington contributes, if anything. Style seems like she could be an asset though, if SC allows her to be.

I want to see SC gone and if it means losing the entire staff then so be it. I'm tired of following a team that's an embarrassment. games are supposed to be relatively fun to watch even if you lose, watching these girls play is just bad for my health!
If Joe C. replaces Sherri he needs to clean house. Make a fresh start for everyone. Washington and Stiles termination is an unfortunate for them but both knew the situation at OU was tentative at best.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:43 PM   #7
inoref
All-American
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,671
Default Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetest OU Girl View Post
It was strange today at the semi-finals. I did not see any of our assistants even on the bench. Surely SC hasn't fired all of them.

And the shock with neither OKie State or Baylor even managing to score a single point against Thursday or yesterday. It is the best defensive strategy we know how to play - or coach.

Unfortunately almost no one showed up for the semi-final. In fact I honestly didn't see a single other fan in the stands. Our home attendance woes have apparently transitioned to the tournament.
No toilet paper at the games
inoref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #8
SoonerSpock
Elite Eight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 4,551
Talking Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inoref View Post
No toilet paper at the games
Are you certain you and the other patron didn't abscond with the TP to avoid the Walmart lines and fight for TP? The wife says it was humorous to watch and they did get pretty rough.
__________________
Whether you think you can or think that you can't, you are usually right. Henry Ford.

Last edited by SoonerSpock; 03-15-2020 at 08:56 AM.
SoonerSpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #9
womenssports
Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,338
Default Re: What did the new assistants contribute?

I was unable to delete or edit my post above. I meant what I wrote but replied to the wrong post. Just stating opinion on associate and assistant coaches and Sherri.
__________________
“Patriotism is, fundamentally, a conviction that a particular country is the best in the world because you were born in it....” George Bernard Shaw
womenssports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Hosted By: URLJet.com