ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Old 11-13-2019, 03:29 AM   #1
TINY
All-Conference

Default Early returns on new coaches..

It’s very early but I have a great feeling about the new coaches. I think molinari’s defensive expertise has been evident in the play of the team. Pooh should be a huge help on the recruiting side though missing on Bryce was very tough. I’m bullish on both hires.
TINY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #2
thebigabd
National Champion

Default Re: Early returns on new coaches..

Was just about to create a post on this.... Molinari was a great hire.

I always advocate for a staff of excellent coaches, experienced head coaches, etc instead of guys who have a primary focus on recruiting.

Give me a full staff of experienced head coaches that can develop talent at OU any day of the week.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #3
cjhsooner
Walk-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TINY View Post
Itís very early but I have a great feeling about the new coaches. I think molinariís defensive expertise has been evident in the play of the team. Pooh should be a huge help on the recruiting side though missing on Bryce was very tough. Iím bullish on both hires.
Did Thompson sign with KU? If he did, I haven't seen it. And if he didn't, Pooh still has a chance, and maybe the NCAA proves me wrong and actually punishes KU, thus causing him to look our way.
cjhsooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:19 PM   #4
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
Did Thompson sign with KU? If he did, I haven't seen it. And if he didn't, Pooh still has a chance, and maybe the NCAA proves me wrong and actually punishes KU, thus causing him to look our way.
He signed. KU's coaches specifically referenced him in their news conference addressing their signing class, and they wouldn't be able to do that if he hadn't officially signed. But I think he will still be able to get out of his LOI if they get sanctioned before he enrolls.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #5
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjhsooner View Post
I was critical of the Pooh hire, favoring another coach like a Molinari who is more of a talent developer with extensive head coaching experience... But there are lots of years of head coaching experience between Lon and Jim on staff.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #6
Max Power
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by WichitaSooner View Post
He signed. KU's coaches specifically referenced him in their news conference addressing their signing class, and they wouldn't be able to do that if he hadn't officially signed. But I think he will still be able to get out of his LOI if they get sanctioned before he enrolls.
Well... it wouldnít be the first time this KU staff ignored NCAA rules

Max Power is online now   Reply With Quote