ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #11
WichitaSooner
All-Conference

Default Re: Big 12 Preseason Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickZepp View Post
I don't know anything about all the new guys we got coming in. Really outside of Bienemy, Doolittle, and Manek we don't have a ton of experience. It is better than what we had coming back into last year though. I think this years Big 12 will also be similar to last year where the top 8 or so are going to be pretty good. I do expect the team to at least be good but it's hard to tell how good offensively you are with not a lot of shooters returning. We got the 2 forwards coming back and a decent point guard.
Odd how many people ignore Reaves. Not only does he have a ton of experience (as much as Manek, more than JB), he is the best shooter the program has had since Buddy. Again, these are not based on things he did in high school or juco. He has proven it for two years in D-1 games. I haven't looked at every team's roster extremely closely, but off the top of my head, very few teams in the league will have four starters with that much experience. We didn't graduate any above average shooters off last year's team, and have a fantastic one coming in. But I do think it is fair to consider our overall perimeter shooting a question mark. I think they even mentioned that on the webcast of the scrimmage last week. Our athletic ability is probably ahead of our shooting at this point unless one or two of the newbies other than Reaves shoots it well.
WichitaSooner is online now   Reply With Quote