ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > The Wayman Tisdale Men's Hoops Board

Old 04-16-2018, 08:23 AM   #26
AdaSooner
Administrator

Default Re: The future of OUHoops.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsaustin View Post
How much has ouhoops spent on this site? I think we ought to all pitch in and get him something

Good news but sad day too..
While I appreciate everything OUHoops had to say about my contribution to the board, he’s the one who deserves most of the credit. OUHoops.com was his idea, his creation and his design. I was a sounding board, offering my thoughts on what looked good to me.

He devoted a considerable amount of time to make sure all of the bells and whistles worked before the site was launched in October, 2008. I don’t know how much he invested out of his own pocket on the start up cost? I do know the server fee has been at least $100 (I think the number is $114) every month since that time. You do the math. We have been the beneficiary of an incredibly generous man who has sacrificed a lot so we could have a place to discuss OU basketball.

As an aside, I couldn’t be happier that BoulderSooner stepped up to the plate to see that OUHoops.com will not go away. As crazy as it may sound, this board has been an important part of my daily routine over the years. Some of you regulars will know exactly what I mean. It’s just time for me to retire as an admin and enjoy life as a poster for a change.

Thanks to all of you for your support!
AdaSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #27
TulsaWorld
Walk-on

Thank you all. Of the local message boards I've posted to these past few months, this was one of the few I didn't have to contact moderators on to begin posting with a new account
Old 04-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #28
BoulderSooner
Administrator

just a quick note for now i will be have a post soon that is much longer.

Thanks to OUhoops for this site and keeping it going for the last almost 10 years.

I will mostly be keeping things as they have been over the years. (don't want to mess up a good thing) but i do have some ideas that hopfully will improve upon the great ou basketball community that has been created here.

that is all for now more to come ...
BoulderSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #29
CoachTalk
Elite Eight

OUhoops, Thank you for doing this over the years. Crazy how message boards brings complete strangers together. I consider several friends even though Ive met none of them in person.

BoulderSooner, Thank you for taking over.
CoachTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #30
usedtobe1
Administrator

Both OUhoops and AdaSooner have been great contributors to this board. Hoops has spent a lot of time and money keeping this site running .... you have no idea. We’ve explored some options in the background over the past year.

AdaSooner and I have gotten to know each other personally over the past couple of years, and visit over the phone quite frequently. We talk about a lot more than OU basketball and football. That part won’t be going away.

I’m sure both these guys will stay active on the board. After all, all of us on here love OU basketball.
usedtobe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:45 PM   #31
Darwin
Role Player

Thank you to all
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #32
sdcloud9
Starter

A great place to read about OU Hoops. Glad it is continuing!!
sdcloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 05:47 PM   #33
dsuits
Walk-on

BIG, BIG-UPS to OUHoops & Ada . OUHoops, I Appreciate the time, money and effort you sacrificed for the love of the game. You"re the real MVP. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Ada, I already put in a call. Your invisible Moderator Hall of Fame Statue will be a nice addition outside Lloyd Noble. Thanks for all the basketball babysitting you did over the years. It's now time to hang up the whistle and blend back into the rabid mob squad again.

Also, really appreciate you Boulder for taking the helm and navigating this info vessel. It's a great site full of good people and I'm glad its going to continue.

Thanks again to everyone for everything.
dsuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #34
kbsooner
Walk-on

Thanks for to OUHoops, Ada, and Boulder for starting and maintaining THE site for OU bball discussion. You definitely have my gratitude for keeping the doors open for us for all these years and going forward. Please let us know how we can help in the future of the site...
kbsooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 PM   #35
sperry
All-Conference

Agreed, this board is awesome.
sperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 08:42 PM   #36
CMSOONER
Starter

Thank you Hoops and Ada for all you have done over the years. Thank you Boulder for continuing this community we have all grown to love.
CMSOONER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 01:49 PM   #37
lexusooner
Walk-on

Thank you �� you guys!
lexusooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:28 PM   #38
kansasooner
Walk-on

Thank you.
kansasooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:23 AM   #39
jmizzy4ou
All-American

OUHoops and Ada are both stand up guys, and have provided a great forum for all of us. I appreciate all they both have done for this community.

Thank you as well Boulder for stepping up and keeping it going.

I don't post much anymore on any message boards, mainly due to my schedule, but I do still come here to read the board. I'm so glad it will continue. Ada has been one of my favorite MODS on any OU board I have ever participated in, and he is my friend. I will miss his steady and consistent managing when things get testy.
jmizzy4ou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:44 AM   #40
Stikboy
Starter

Thanks OUhoops and Ada! And all the insider info guys. That's the main reason I come here, for good inside info!
Stikboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #41
StatGeek
All-Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSooners View Post
Thank you OU, Ada, & Boulder!

Wins
Oklahoma 1,021
Tulsa 939
Oklahoma State 844

Post Season Appearances
Oklahoma 33
Tulsa 26
Oklahoma State 24
***Note OU has more NCAA tournament appearances during this span than OSU has NCAA & NIT appearances combined***

Last Updated 1/14/2016
StatGeek is offline   Reply With Quote