ouhoops.com
forums roster schedule stats rankings rpi bracketology big xII standings recruiting ouhoopstv

Go Back   OUHoops > Main Category > Campus Corner

Old 07-31-2020, 10:39 AM   #5751
thebigabd
National Champion

Default Re: March Madness and Covid-19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
This is the democratic playbook 101. Lesson #1 accuse your enemies of the same things you’re doing. The dems lie, and lie, and then lie some more. They lie and immediately accuse everyone else of lying. They steal and accuse others of stealing. The act like fascists and accuse everyone else of fascism. They deliberately encourage violence and riots and claim they’re peaceful. They deliberately try to destroy jobs, destroy businesses, and destroy the economy just to win an election and blame it all on someone else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxE9so1Q85Y
Old 07-31-2020, 10:41 AM   #5752
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigabd View Post
Florida now has hundreds of people dying per day.... 257 deaths today, 253 yesterday, 252 the day before that.

That's a lot of bodies, people. Not good. Florida is turning into a cluster.

It's not like this has not been witnessed before.

They are nowhere near what New York endured.

What occurred in NY mostly occurred during sheltering. Florida has the same population base and fewer deaths during non sheltering.

Common sense would reveal you get more fatalities while not sheltering and less when sheltering.

Florida was also a destination of people fleeing the northeast and it is not out of the realm of reality to believe travelers brought the problem to the state.

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 07-31-2020 at 10:44 AM.
sheepdogs1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 10:43 AM   #5753
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepdogs1 View Post
It's not like this has not been witnessed before. They are nowhere near what New York endured. What occurred in NY mostly occurred during sheltering. Florida has the same population base and fewer deaths during non sheltering. Common sense would reveal you get more fatalities while not sheltering and less when sheltering. Florida was also a destination of people fleeing the northeast and it is not out of the realm of reality to believe travelers brought the problem to the state.
What does New York have to do with Florida? I am not talking politics... Just reporting death numbers. You don't have to rush to defend the GOP at every turn.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #5754
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:
What does New York have to do with Florida? I am not talking politics... Just reporting death numbers. You don't have to rush to defend the GOP at every turn.
What you are seeing is nothing new is the point. There was no point made by me which allows you to unleash your senseless diatribe unless, of course, it's just how you roll. I am not defending anyone here.

An observation was made. The following is an observation "Florida has more professional teams than New York." This is not political but just an observation which duly applies to my previous statements about Florida and New York.

Last edited by sheepdogs1; 07-31-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:06 AM   #5755
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
haha good one

this whole country is sick. I think most of our problems would go away if we did away with social media
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
SoonerBounce13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 12:26 PM   #5756
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerBounce13 View Post
that is utter rubish and makes no logical sense or political sense.
If trump wants to gain votes, he would want the blue states to respond better under his supervision...not have worse results.

I started reading the vanity fair article...maybe the plan went poof because the tests that they ordered from china were crap?
Picking up steam:

Old 07-31-2020, 12:27 PM   #5757
thebigabd
National Champion

Now that mainstream press is picking this up, and elected officials are officially condemning it, they are taking a mild risk here if its not true. I would have rather seen an investigation first. It's a pretty wild accusation.

Last edited by thebigabd; 07-31-2020 at 01:11 PM.
thebigabd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 04:31 PM   #5758
hoopsaustin
Final Four

Quote:
Picking up steam:

Solid sources there. Derp
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #5759
mict085
Starter

I was told the Germans were doing this better than us. Is this also Trumps fault?

mict085 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #5760
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mict085 View Post
I was told the Germans were doing this better than us. Is this also Trumps fault?

Not sure a virus cares that it's being protested. I think we are all pretty tired of this though. I know I am.

I was telling my wife yesterday that one of the things I miss most is taking our toddler to the zoo and aquarium. We had memberships to both places, and it was part of our weekend routine. He loves riding the train at the zoo, seeing the animals, running around, and getting good and worn out!

Those places are open but we haven't been going because of all this.

I bought some Pre-K instructional material that we do with him every day as well. It's basically all the content one would learn in Pre-K, and we are going through it with him. He's not getting the social interaction, which I think is really important, but at least we are working on something academic with him this summer.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #5761
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Not sure a virus cares that it's being protested. I think we are all pretty tired of this though. I know I am.

I was telling my wife yesterday that one of the things I miss most is taking our toddler to the zoo and aquarium. We had memberships to both places, and it was part of our weekend routine. He loves riding the train at the zoo, seeing the animals, running around, and getting good and worn out!

I bought some Pre-K instructional material that we do with him every day as well. It's basically all the content one would learn in Pre-K, and we are going through it with him. He's not getting the social interaction, which I think is really important, but at least we are working on something academic with him this summer.
I hear ya. We bought double park season passes for the first time this year. Sucks
"But I know some of the qualities of the coach I would pick. Somebody that doesn't mind working, a coach that's going to bring a fresh mindset and help us all get better as basketball players as well as men. A coach that has all our best interests at heart."

-Romero Osby
Old Yesterday, 09:41 AM   #5762
steverocks35
Elite Eight

Quote:

I bought Silver Dollar City season passes this year for myself and my kids way back in January. Of course we haven't been able to use them. It's open now but there's no way in hell I'm taking my kids to an amusement park, and apparently most everyone else feels that way as well because they keep emailing me begging me to come. I feel like an idiot for wasting my money but they have extended our passes through next June so maybe I'll get to use them.

I think we are all over the pandemic, but that doesn't mean it's over.

Last edited by steverocks35; Yesterday at 09:49 AM.
steverocks35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM   #5763
steverocks35
Elite Eight

https://www.forbes.com/sites/william.../#3bc4a69c19fd

Two studies from different parts of the world have concluded that children spread Covid-19 more efficiently than adults. I was concerned from the early days that since children don't get as sick, or sick at all. from this disease that they might be ideal carriers. Obviously, more studies are needed but it's concerning in light of the desire to open schools to in-person learning.
Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM   #5764
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
https://www.forbes.com/sites/william.../#3bc4a69c19fd

Two studies from different parts of the world have concluded that children spread Covid-19 more efficiently than adults. I was concerned from the early days that since children don't get as sick, or sick at all. from this disease that they might be ideal carriers. Obviously, more studies are needed but it's concerning in light of the desire to open schools to in-person learning.
interesting. SOme were hopeful that maybe they didn't transmit it as easily

-Romero Osby
Old Yesterday, 11:14 AM   #5765
steverocks35
Elite Eight

Quote:
interesting. SOme were hopeful that maybe they didn't transmit it as easily
That's always been my concern with opening schools too soon, the kids becoming super-spreaders. Hopefully we will get more studies soon.
Old Today, 08:25 AM   #5766
thebigabd
National Champion

Pretty interesting interview with Trump...

https://youtu.be/zaaTZkqsaxY?t=62
Old Today, 08:44 AM   #5767
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

Quote:

I will say there are people, even on this thread I believe that do think there is too much testing

-Romero Osby
Old Today, 08:54 AM   #5768
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

I don't know why Trump agreed to this interview lol

he must actually think he can come across as that he knows what he is talking about

-Romero Osby
Old Today, 09:17 AM   #5769
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
I don't know why Trump agreed to this interview lol

he must actually think he can come across as that he knows what he is talking about
Politically speaking, Trump shouldn't be doing any interviews like this anymore. He probably shouldn't do any interviews at all.

Biden is doing the rope-a-dope boxing strategy... Just letting Trump beat himself. Not sure Biden has any other choice, because him getting in front of the cameras is likely just as bad for him.

Last edited by thebigabd; Today at 09:22 AM.
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #5770
SoonerBounce13
National Champion

They definitely don't help him.

I did laugh out loud at trump's comment with the graphs "we are lower than the world" and the look on the guys face lol

Trump is what he is...he is a narcissist and old. I don't think he is in his right mind either.

I'd like to see this same kind of interview with Biden...unfortunately, we won't ever see it as the democrats are much smarter than the republicans

-Romero Osby
Old Today, 09:29 AM   #5771
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
They definitely don't help him.

I did laugh out loud at trump's comment with the graphs "we are lower than the world" and the look on the guys face lol

Trump is what he is...he is a narcissist and old. I don't think he is in his right mind either.

I'd like to see this same kind of interview with Biden...unfortunately, we won't ever see it as the democrats are much smarter than the republicans
Yea, several cringe moments... I liked the "just read the manual" part. The guy is like "wait, what manual?".... Because there is no manual.

I don't know if its because Democrats are smarter... They just aren't in the position of defense. Trump has to defend things because he is the sitting President. Biden doesn't. Everything is going against Trump politically right now... The media, the virus, having to defend instead of attack, etc. This is a VERY tough campaign for him. Just speaking pure politics at this point. He is not in a great position. I think he knows that. Not just because of polling, but he is the incumbent when millions of people don't have jobs, by election day we may have 200k deaths, etc. I don't care who you are, that is a CRAP position to be in politically.

I really hope they get a treatment and a vaccine out soon. It will basically have to be experimental because we don't have the luxury of waiting on long term studies.

Last edited by thebigabd; Today at 09:32 AM.
Old Today, 09:40 AM   #5772
sheepdogs1
Elite Eight

Quote:
I will say there are people, even on this thread I believe that do think there is too much testing

Maybe not too much testing, but relative to other nations we are holding our own (hopefully the jail sentence is lenient). We stand at #3 in the world as we are testing 180,977/million people (UK 242,929, Russia 197,295) Data is as of August 3rd.
Old Today, 09:49 AM   #5773
steverocks35
Elite Eight

Quote:

I watched the entire interview and the whole thing was like a parody or performance art. I face-palmed at least 10 times.

Look at this just today, another cringe-worthy moment. He pronounced "Yosemite" as "Yo-Semites." He's functionally illiterate, it's amazing. I actually pity the guy, he's completely incapable of doing the job. It must be hell for him.

Old Today, 09:51 AM   #5774
thebigabd
National Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverocks35 View Post
I watched the entire interview and the whole thing was like a parody or performance art. I face-palmed at least 10 times.

Look at this just today, another cringe-worthy moment. He pronounced "Yosemite" as "Yo-Semites." He's functionally illiterate, it's amazing. I actually pity the guy, he's completely incapable of doing the job. It must be hell for him.

Oh my..... that is absurd.
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #5775
WTSooner
National Champion

Went to Vegas recently for about 5 days. I estimated that they had about 35% of the normal numbers of guests there. Maybe even a little lower. Tue-Thur there wasn't much of anybody there. It started picking up Thur night and Friday for the weekend.

Casinos and restaurants were taking the mask mandate pretty seriously. Most folks were wearing them on the street, but that is the time you'd see some folks pulling them down or not wearing them all the time to take a break. Casino and restaurants were all nice about it. A LOT of precautions taken in the gaming areas. Some more than others. Didn't always feel like Vegas, but there was still fun to be had.

Flights were fine. Didn't feel unsafe or anything while flying or at the airport.